Cabanas in Harvest Caye?

big al

My husband, daughter and I had one of the small ones by the pool and in my opinion it made the day perfect. We loved having our own shaded space so close to the pool so it was easy to take quick dips to cool off. The best $200 we spent on the cruise.

Hi all- Anybody stayed in the cabanas at Harvest Caye? What did you think? How much $$ was it? Thanks...

Big Al :cool:

Hi Big Al,

DH and I have not been to Harvest Caye yet, but I just wanted to come on here to make sure what you are asking is what you truly mean. Harvest Caye has pool Cabanas, and Private (shoreline) "Luxury Villas." Cabanas seem to be running about $200++. Private Villas seem to be running $449+++. Why did I type +++? Because there are several factors that determine the price: 1) Depends on which ship (larger ships drive $'s up!) Also, date of cruise... shoulder season lower $, holidays and "school's out" dates drive prices up!

I know that I did not give you personal experience info, but I hope that I've been somewhat helpful.

Also, you might want to check the Harvest Caye reviews on NCL's site, as well as checking the "Belize" discussions here on CC.

We got one at the end of June. The cabana itself was nice but very disappointed in the sand and the water. The sand is not the fluffy kind of sand and the water is not what you have seen at other private islands. The water had sticks and debris floating in it. Had a muddy look. Not worth it to me. We are cruising again in December and I would not buy it again if it was half the price.

We got one at the end of June. The cabana itself was nice but very disappointed in the sand and the water. The sand is not the fluffy kind of sand and the water is not what you have seen at other private islands. The water had sticks and debris floating in it. Had a muddy look. Not worth it to me. We are cruising again in December and I would not buy it again if it was half the price.

Agree the sand was awful, grainy and gritty. Not my cup of tea when I think of Caribbean beaches. The water was not clear when we went. The pool was nice though, but they didn't have enough bartenders at the swim up bar. Maybe that changed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 weeks later...

When is the best time to purchase one of these cabanas?

I have seen a wide variety in the amount of money people have paid and I am wondering how some have ended up paying so much less than the list price online? Is it because they waited and purchased on the boat or even on the island itself?

I have seen a wide variety in the amount of money people have paid and I am wondering how some have ended up paying so much less than the list price online? Is it because they waited and purchased on the boat or even on the island itself?

The Luxury Beach Villas (formerly "cabanas"): price variances do happen from cruise ship to cruise ship, and/or date to date! The larger the ship, the more likely the price will be higher.

Or, the more popular the date (holidays, summer, Spring Break) the higher the price.

The Luxury Beach Villas (formerly "cabanas"): price variances do happen from cruise ship to cruise ship, and/or date to date! The larger the ship, the more likely the price will be higher.

Or, the more popular the date (holidays, summer, Spring Break) the higher the price.

Best time to purchase is as soon as they show up as available to book for YOUR cruise dates.

IF you have the ShorEX credits per port, you have to call the ShorEX # 866 - 625 - 1167, in order book pre-cruise.

Paying $499 for 10/14 Western Caribbean......and may pay that for the next cruise which sadly has turned into ANOTHER Western Caribbean.....IF they would post the Shore Excursions for the second and revised part of our B2B cruise.

I like the idea of having shade if I want it and the ability to order food and drinks without having to go searching.......and will post when we return as this will be our first (and maybe 2nd?) visit to Harvest Caye.

Hi all- Anybody stayed in the cabanas at Harvest Caye? What did you think? How much $$ was it? Thanks...

Big Al :cool:

I know others have written...I can't remember the cost but we were on Jade Spring Break and it was over 400 but worth every penny even though we were only there for half a day. We were literally the last ones to leave the cabana at 1 or so when we were forced off. It was unbelievable! Pure luxury in my opinion, between air conditioning and the private bath, hammock, deck, chairs. We loved every second of it and also liked the water. I never left it except to take kids to water park for a little bit.

not sure why the price differs but I have a luxury villa one booked for Nov 16th cruise and paid $349

Was that the price listed on the NCL web sight for your cruise? I have a cruise booked for February and it's listed at 699 for the luxury villa and the private pool canopy is listed for 399.

So I am very confused how people are paying these lower amounts.

Edited by Deck boy Dave

Paying $499 for 10/14 Western Caribbean......and may pay that for the next cruise which sadly has turned into ANOTHER Western Caribbean.....IF they would post the Shore Excursions for the second and revised part of our B2B cruise.

I like the idea of having shade if I want it and the ability to order food and drinks without having to go searching.......and will post when we return as this will be our first (and maybe 2nd?) visit to Harvest Caye.

That's about what we paid (for our Escape cruise a couple weeks ago).

Service was SLOW... they were out of all 3 types of canned beer, and I was not interested in their slushies nor draft beer. The fries which came with the "chicken tenders" tasted like the grease was years old.

I don't think we stayed there even two hours before we headed back to the ship.

The cabana itself, however, was very nice.

Tom

$349 was the price listed and what I paid...the cruise is 11/16/2017 out of Miami on the Jade

Definitely doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the pricing then. I'm on the Pearl (same class ship) leaving New Orleans 10 days later, and the price has been $499 ever since I booked the cruise in July.

Did you book online or on board the ship? Based on your previous cruise listings you'd certainly be at a Latitudes level where you should have received at least a 10% discount.

Definitely doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the pricing then. I'm on the Pearl (same class ship) leaving New Orleans 10 days later, and the price has been $499 ever since I booked the cruise in July.

Did you book online or on board the ship? Based on your previous cruise listings you'd certainly be at a Latitudes level where you should have received at least a 10% discount.

I booked online but yes maybe it has to do with Latitudes level since I am platinum?

I'm on Pearl 9 day cruise it is 449 after 10% latitudes discount. Then we have a 50 shore ex credit so final price is 399. I did Harvest Caye last Nov and we loved it. Worth every penny your own little air consitiphed pad with cushy loungers own shower and bathroom and unlimited golf cart transportation. Totally loved it3796253dcfc5d56b9860f6703087b184.jpgceebaffd06b8bbc63feb7fc04c5b963e.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

weird but on the 10/21 sailing on escape which just got changed to western itinerary, the price is $699...a jump of $200 one week apart sounds ridiculous...have others paid $699?

also, I am wondering if ncl would allow 8 of us to book the villa...I have read it is for up to 6 people, but our group has 8 traveling...the photos and videos I've seen look like it would work with 8 people but I am wondering if ncl would allow it

Edited by tiger belle
add content

We had a villa on our Getaway cruise in February/March. We booked soon after they opened up and the prices actually increased after we booked. They were also all sold out, so waiting for one of the villas may not be a smart option if you are set on having one.

Would we do it again? I'm not sure. There were three of us. It was beyond awesome to have air conditioning and a private bathroom. The padded loungers and availability of shade were also in the plus column. We aren't big beach people, so the sand/water quality did not matter to us.

Part of our decision in the future would be based on our other ports/excursions and the cost of the villa for our sailing.

I hadn't realized these were available to book so I just checked pricing for our upcoming Nov cruise cause they sound great.

Private Canopy Pool - $431.87

Luxury Beach Villa - $756.57

I think I'll pass on these

If this is their new MO, I think I'll pass. I would have tried it again at up to $499, but $7-800? I'm just interested in a few hours - not the whole night... and it's not $800 "nice"!

Tom