It's official. Freedom to Galveston. Conquest to Fort Lauderdale. Magic stays in Gal.

They have earned it. One of Carnival's strongest selling ports.

Which has made it a little more pricey to cruise out of Galveston ... I'm hoping this makes it a little more affordable for us to cruise more often, and to have more port options.

We are very excited! :D

Splendor does not have 2.0

Not going to lie, but I'd be pissed if I chose a cruised based on a ship that has 2.0 and got switched by Carnival to a ship that didn't have it.

That's like paying for business class airfare and being bumped back to economy.

Need new destinations. I'm sure Carnival has done their homework but I (personally) don't feel another ship running the same itineraries Magic is running is worthwhile. Or...at least not all the time.

What if it ran same iternerary as Magic (in different order) but every 4-5 weeks they ran a 8 day/6 day route?

Something like...

Sat- Galveston

Sun- Fun Day

Mon- Key West

Tues- Fun Day

Wed- Grand Turk

Thur- Half Moon Cay

Fri- Fun Day

Sat- Fun Day

Sun- Galveston

Then flip with a 6 day:

Sun- Galveston

Mon- Fun Day

Tues- Key West

Wed- Fun Day

Thur- Cozumel

Fri- Fun Day

Sat-Galveston

This gives people leaving from Galveston the chance to get to some ports that are typically only served from Florida- Half Moon Cay, Grand Turk. They have the option via the Eastern from Galveston to hit Key West, Nassau, and Freeport. And since the Magic and RCCL's Navigator are running Sun-Sun, the port should be clear.

Also, since you are going weekend to weekend, you don't have to take more than a week off work (which makes a difference to a lot of people).

The 6 day is not ideal but I would certainly cruise that over the 5 day option with Progresso and Cozumel (personal opinion).

After you did an 8 day/6 day jaunt, you could resume back on the Magic's itinerary for another 3 weeks, etc.

I even like the idea of a 9 day/4 day if you could get down into the Southern Caribbean some more but 9 days means people have to take more than a week off work. Doable, sure, but probably can't fill a ship doing that on a regular basis (ie, monthly).

Edited by GalvestonBear

Not going to lie, but I'd be pissed if I chose a cruised based on a ship that has 2.0 and got switched by Carnival to a ship that didn't have it.

Your analogy might be a tad extreme, but I cannot argue the logic. My guess is they will offer an out to those who feel that way. All in all, the SPlendor is a very nice ship (without 2.0).;)

I was on Conquest 4/26/15, and now have to find a new cruise altogether (that's the cutoff date when Splendor is going to change from the Conquest's 7-day sailings).

I was also in 9201, so will be difficult to impossible to find a similar cabin. Bummer, this is the Honeymoon cruise so was very excited.

Rates are being locked for similar accommodations on similar sailings, also giving $50 OBC per person.

Nobody should have airline reservations since that's over a year out and I don't know any airlines that book that early, but document change fees are being covered up to $200 each with a refundable OBC.

I got the letter this morning changing my 4/4/15 Freedom cruise to the Conquest. I haven't been on either of these ships yet so I'm not sure yet whether this is good or bad. I don't know if Conquest has the 2.0 upgrades that we want, what our room will be (we had 3rd port side Lido balcony booked), whether we'll keep our OBC for booking on board, whether the itinerary will be the same. Let the research begin! Oh boy :confused:

Does anyone know what will happen with a booking on the Conquest that is moving to Fort Lauderdale? Will I be able to make the switch without paying any increases in fare?

You will likely be offered to move to the Splendor. But you may have other options, so it might be worthwhile for you to be prepared to make a counter offer if you have something else in mind. Don't delay though. Sometimes Carnival only gives you 24 hours to make up your mind.

I was on Conquest 4/26/15, and now have to find a new cruise altogether (that's the cutoff date when Splendor is going to change from the Conquest's 7-day sailings).

I was also in 9201, so will be difficult to impossible to find a similar cabin. Bummer, this is the Honeymoon cruise so was very excited.

Rates are being locked for similar accommodations on similar sailings, also giving $50 OBC per person.

Nobody should have airline reservations since that's over a year out and I don't know any airlines that book that early, but document change fees are being covered up to $200 each with a refundable OBC.

How did you find out about the 50 OBC per person. My email did not state that

CarnivalBreeze319/Qwerty119/MsGloria/livintheshiplife/lvetocruise2012/cocacola86/cruiseloveryay/CarnivalCruiseAccount/Happyfaceup/duckface9/JustMeandTheSea got one right. Congrats!!!!!

I agree with you on a switch. I'm disappointed (but can live with it) as we were booked on a B2B (1/18 & 1/24/15) on Freedom and looking forward to an "almost brand new" ship. I just received an email from CCL saying our cruises have been moved to Conquest. At least it has some of the 2.0 upgrades - ie. Guy's Burgers is a must!

Nobody should have airline reservations since that's over a year out and I don't know any airlines that book that early but document change fees are being covered up to $200 each with a refundable OBC.

Not true. I've been looking at airfare from Detroit to FFL and Delta's been open for reservations since 3/31. That's the first date that our flights (1/17/15 - 2/1/15) have been available. We haven't book, though.

First Carnival cruise we booked. A B2B (2 rooms) on the Conquest. Wanted the 2.0! Not happy!! No mention of a price reduction, why would I pay the same price for the same itinerary with a ship that did not have the same amenities? Now we have to wait till Tuesday to find out anything? :mad:

Not true. I've been looking at airfare from Detroit to FFL and Delta's been open for reservations since 3/31. That's the first date that our flights (1/17/15 - 2/1/15) have been available. We haven't book, though.

I was talking about my date specifically, 4/26/15. My email had that date specifically listed in the memo.

I got the letter this morning changing my 4/4/15 Freedom cruise to the Conquest. I haven't been on either of these ships yet so I'm not sure yet whether this is good or bad. I don't know if Conquest has the 2.0 upgrades that we want, what our room will be (we had 3rd port side Lido balcony booked), whether we'll keep our OBC for booking on board, whether the itinerary will be the same. Let the research begin! Oh boy :confused:

We better keep the OBC for booking onboard.

We WERE booked on the Freedom for Feb 21st :( Really bummed they moved it...knew it was a possibility but darn!! Anyway, I think we are "ok" with the Conquest. I havent received my letter from Carnival yet so I called them. She said at this point they arent offering any compensation for the change of ships but I feel we deserve some! We were really looking forward to this itinerary on this ship! Anyone think theres a chance of getting any?? She said our price is protected for a cruise on another ship for the same number of days for the same type of cabin...would that cover a larger ship?? Darn...I should have asked that question!

My email mentioned it, maybe because my cruise was completely cancelled and not just a ship change.

I'm thinking that people who still have the same itinerary but on a different ship will get NOTHING as this is stated in the passenger contract that everybody carefully reads before putting their deposit down! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app