Grandeur or Carnival Pride?

cocacola86

The Grandeur is 2500 CDN and the Pride is 2100 US or 2600 CDN, the Pride for 2016 goes to Nassau, Grand Turk and Half Moon Cay and Royal goes to Key West, PC, Nassau and Coco Coy. Both are 8 days. I've heard more good things about Grandeur. What're your thoughts on the two ships, are main factors when we book is price, food options, entertainment and activitys.

I've been on Carnival Pride pre 2.0 upgrades and am going on Grandeur in May (so can't comment on ship differences yet). However, I've been to all the ports mentioned and would say that Half Moon Cay is my absolute favorite port. We also really loved Grand Turk for exploring to the conch grave yard and a beach right where the ship docks.

I've cruised on both and love them both. We find the food on the Pride is better than on Grandeur.

But I think the Pride cruise is 7 days, not 8. At least it was when we did it and we did it several times. Might want to check on that again. Grandeur is 8 days.

We have been on Grandeur twice and loved both cruises. We eat mostly in WJ or specialty restaurants, and have always had great meals in both. Have only seen a few shows in theater, and they were fine. But loved the live music on pool deck, and the centrum arial show is pretty spectacular. It is a beautiful ship, so would definitely recommend her. We have also sailed on the 8-day Bahamas itinerary that you are looking at. Unfortunately, we missed Key West due to high winds, and that was the star of the cruise. We loved Coco Cay and enjoyed PC too. We did not even get off ship in Nassau.

Have never been on Pride, but since she got the 2.0 upgrades, I am eager to hear reviews :). As our son gets older, he may love the water works :)

Vacation Itinerary

List View

DAYPORTARRIVEDEPART

Day 1Baltimore, MD4:30 PM

Day 2... Fun Day At Sea------

Day 3... Fun Day At Sea------

Day 4Grand Turk7:00 AM3:00 PM

Day 5Half Moon Cay, the Bahamas9:30 AM5:30 PM

Day 6Nassau, the Bahamas8:00 AM6:00 PM

Day 7... Fun Day At Sea------

Day 8... Fun Day At Sea------

Day 9Baltimore, MD9:00 AM

The Grandeur is 2500 CDN and the Pride is 2100 US or 2600 CDN, the Pride for 2016 goes to Nassau, Grand Turk and Half Moon Cay and Royal goes to Key West, PC, Nassau and Coco Coy. Both are 8 days. I've heard more good things about Grandeur. What're your thoughts on the two ships, are main factors when we book is price, food options, entertainment and activitys.

it all depends on what you want. Carnival is a major party ship and GOS is a medium party ship. both have pros and cons. all my opinions

Pride:

Pros; best desserts, lots of dance parties, decent food,

cons; its cheaper so you get some trash on board, not the best food imo

GOS:

Pros; better food, more family fun, very happy employees who treat you royally

cons: not many ppl at the night club, desserts blah, more expensive

cococay is just as nice as half moon cay, key west is awesome!!!!

I've cruised on both and love them both. We find the food on the Pride is better than on Grandeur.

But I think the Pride cruise is 7 days, not 8. At least it was when we did it and we did it several times. Might want to check on that again. Grandeur is 8 days.

I see that you love the ease of the Baltimore terminal too:)

I miss the ENoS but love the GOS just as much. Great staff!

I haven't sailed on the Grandeur but I have been on the Pride and I wouldn't recommend it. We were on pre 2.0 upgrade so it may be better now. The vibration on the ship was really bad and was very noticible in the dining room and in the cabin. The decor of the ship was really dark and dated. It wasn't a terrible cruise because everything else was typical Carnival but I wouldn't go on her again.

Normally, the Pride is 7 days. When Carnival ran it's tantrum and pulled the Pride from Baltimore, Royal picked up some Sundays and forced them into some longer and shorter cruises. In the future, Carnival may get back it's lock on Sundays, but they have a few itineraries they've never offered in the past. If I wanted to do the Pride's 8-day itinerary, I would jump on it as it likely will never happen again.

Roy

I haven't sailed on the Grandeur but I have been on the Pride and I wouldn't recommend it. We were on pre 2.0 upgrade so it may be better now. The vibration on the ship was really bad and was very noticible in the dining room and in the cabin. The decor of the ship was really dark and dated. It wasn't a terrible cruise because everything else was typical Carnival but I wouldn't go on her again.

oh I thought it was because we were sailing thru snowmaggedon. we had two handicapped rooms at the front of the ship. we were told there was a pass thru and that we didn't have to walk all the way down to the elevators and back up. not so.

We rocked and rolled everywhere. I was fine while in the room, it rocked me to sleep. well, except for the few times you could feel it slam onto a wave.

the dining room is at the back of the ship and same deal just more dangerous.

lots of seasick ppl so even though it is a fun ship, most couldn't have fun.

I would love to try RC, but we're so used to Carnival that it's kind of like what if you try something new and you don't like it, I know if you don't try you never know. Is the Grandeur a good ship for a first RC cruise?

I know, its like sliding on a good pair of old shoes.

Seriously, the differences are small but noticeable. You will love it.

And Key West is such a great port of call.

I have been on the Grandeur twice, last time in October to PC, Nassau, Coco Cay, & Key West. Key West was awesome! I may have to take a road trip there to see more of it. I do love the Grandeur but I have booked a 14 day Caribbean Cruise on the Pride next March. I'm looking forward to trying a new ship & 8 ports (5 of them new). GOS is like my home but I'm open to new lines & ships. I find that Baltimore is very convenient for me as DH doesn't fly & it's only 1 1/2 hour away from home. Some day I might fly with a friend & try another ship.

We have sailed both Pride and Grandeur and we prefer Grandeur. The ship is a brighter ship while the Pride is dark and dreary. The adult area on the Grandeur is a covered pool with 2 hot tubs, the Park Cafe which serves breakfast, lunch, and snacks. The adult area on the Pride is not covered. Some of the show were better on the Pride.

We prefer to stick with Grandeur but if the right itinerary would be offered on the Pride, we may consider. We are 1 hr from the port so we do not really want to fly anymore.

You will enjoy either cruise you do as I feel any day on a cruise ship is better than the best day at work.

We have sailed both Pride and Grandeur and we prefer Grandeur. The ship is a brighter ship while the Pride is dark and dreary. The adult area on the Grandeur is a covered pool with 2 hot tubs, the Park Cafe which serves breakfast, lunch, and snacks. The adult area on the Pride is not covered. Some of the show were better on the Pride.

We prefer to stick with Grandeur but if the right itinerary would be offered on the Pride, we may consider. We are 1 hr from the port so we do not really want to fly anymore.

You will enjoy either cruise you do as I feel any day on a cruise ship is better than the best day at work.

agreed. if the price is right Id go on it again.

We have been on both Pride and Grandeur, and Grandeur wins, hands down. There were some good aspects about the Pride, but to many things we had real issues with. My husband wouldn't set foot on it again even if it were free.

Looking for a 2016 cruise and found one on the pride 14 day to islands we never been to as royal has the same old itinerary which we been to many times. As for the food when we did the one carnival cruise I though the food was much better than royal's food even though the ship seemed dated we were very happy with it all.

For one, I think GOS has the better itinerary. And two, I toured Pride once and if I'm remembering correctly, I thought someone slipped me a hit of LSD when I saw the interior decoration. ;)

I've sailed on the Pride 5 times and the Grandeur more times than that. We never had any problems on the Pride. Yes the décor is a little different but I don't care about that. We love the Comedy Club on Pride. Great comedians every night (early family shows and late adult comedy). Also love the Serenity Adults pool area. Located right at the back of the ship, has a nice pool and two hot tubs. Hammocks and a bar back there. Very nice! Service has always been great on Pride.

But as I said we love the Grandeur too. I would make my decision based on which ports appeal to you most.

Have to agree that the decor on the Pride gives poor taste a bad name. It has nothing to do with the age of the ship. It would have been just as depressing when it was new. We sail on it in spite of its appearance.

My wife and I were on an elevator and had just commented on how ugly it was, when two young girls entered and they were talking about how beautiful the elevator was and wishing they could take it home.

Some just see things differently.

Edited by SeaPeaInn

We have cruised on both ships many times. Each ship has its own character. We have found the food comparable on both. I liked the entertainment better on the Pride. Prefer the adult Solarium on the Grandeur because it is enclosed, while the Serenity is open.

The Pride's deco is from the Renaissance era with lots of nudes. You either like it or not. Does not bother us.

Usually with the longer itineraries that the Grandeur has, you will find an older age group.

Enjoy whichever cruise line you take. Baltimore is a very easy terminal to cruise from.