Anthem of the Seas - 24hr food and drink?

AdvGirl

On previous RCL cruises the Promanade cafe was the place to go for a 3am Coffee and snack. Are there any 24 hour food and drink locations on the Anthem?

I love getting up when it is still dark and walking the top decks with no one around - except for an occasional power washer guy or gal. I also like having a nice cup of coffee when I wake.

Thanks - Advgirl

They have stated that certain part of the Windjammer would be open 24h - but seems that it isn't.

What is a an early early riser girl to do for a cup of coffee? Has to be 24 hour coffee somewhere on the ship. :eek:

Edited by AdvGirl

Room service will bring you coffee anytime you desire. Usually, there is a section of the WJ where beverages are avail. all the time.

On the Anthem TA, the Windjammer was locked up tight some time after dinner. No 24 hour station (as had previously been promised).

On the Anthem TA, the Windjammer was locked up tight some time after dinner. No 24 hour station (as had previously been promised).

Really - no way to get a cup of coffee at 3am in the morning except to call room service. - sad face. Oh well it is still a cruise life is good. - happy face

No 24 hr Windjammer or for that matter any place on the ship. The Café Promenade will have coffee available but no snacks until 6am.

No 24 hr Windjammer or for that matter any place on the ship. The Café Promenade will have coffee available but no snacks until 6am.

Ok no midnight snacks - like on Voyager, Liberty, or Allure. Maybe they changed the other ships as well.

• 4 weeks later...

Was watching a video a lady touring deck 4 in the wee hours of the morning. Guess what Promanade cafe was open. Yea I have a place for coffee and snack during the wee hours. I also saw how Promanade Cafe was connected to sorrento's pizza 🍕 I think it works

Windjammer was closed every night at 9pm last week. And by that point there was hardly anything left anyway..

Used to eat at MDR - then graze the Windjammer for something sweet and taste when waiting for the show to start. Can not remember when they closed on Allure and Liberty though ever was there after 8pm we where early dinners

On previous RCL cruises the Promanade cafe was the place to go for a 3am Coffee and snack. Are there any 24 hour food and drink locations on the Anthem?

I love getting up when it is still dark and walking the top decks with no one around - except for an occasional power washer guy or gal. I also like having a nice cup of coffee when I wake.

Thanks - Advgirl

We were on Anthem's 12 night sailing on 11/30/15. Looking at the Cruise Compasses (which I don't know how to download) Cafe Promenade is open 24 hours and Sorrento's Pizzeria closed daily at 3 am.

The WJ was opened 24 hours on Quantum, it is *not* open 24 hours on Anthem and closed at 9 pm daily.

Maybe I am missing something but according to what was in the compass on my last 2 cruises (Oasis and then Liberty), the WJ closed at 9pm. I was assuming that was the norm on all RC ships. I do not like any buffet so I didn't physically go down there. Just my observation from the compasses. There really is always somewhere to get food late on a ship. Also, we order room service coffee everyday onboard.

We were on Anthem's 12 night sailing on 11/30/15. Looking at the Cruise Compasses (which I don't know how to download) Cafe Promenade is open 24 hours and Sorrento's Pizzeria closed daily at 3 am.

The WJ was opened 24 hours on Quantum, it is *not* open 24 hours on Anthem and closed at 9 pm daily.

Maybe I am missing something but according to what was in the compass on my last 2 cruises (Oasis and then Liberty), the WJ closed at 9pm. I was assuming that was the norm on all RC ships. I do not like any buffet so I didn't physically go down there. Just my observation from the compasses. There really is always somewhere to get food late on a ship. Also, we order room service coffee everyday onboard.

Sorry if I wasn't clear in my post, there was a small area in the WJ on Quantum where they had the grill opened 24 hours and not the entire WJ. And yes like I indicated above, WJ on Anthem closed 9 pm daily.

Cafe Promenade would be the best place for snacks and coffee.

When we were on Anthem just a couple of weeks back

we notice that there was a fee of $4.95 for room

service after 11 PM. This fee used to be if you

ordered anything after midnight. Not anymore.

• 3 weeks later...
Windjammer was closed every night at 9pm last week. And by that point there was hardly anything left anyway..

Boy, that is early! Sometimes people eat early dinner and want a snack after a show, which is over later than 9:00 p.m., so the WJ was great for that years ago! Not much of a choice on the Prom...RCI needs to re-consider this closing time for sure!

Cafe Promenade would be the best place for snacks and coffee.

Sadly, they do not have iced tea or lemonade there, and you can't get it anywhere after WJ closes at 9.

I complained about this to the Diamond Concierge last week. He seemed surprised and he reported it to someone else, and I got a call later that night from a woman who claimed to be in charge of something in dining. She confirmed that they did not have iced tea and lemonade in CP. I told here that they did at other RC ships we'd been on, and she simply told me that they were not set up to do it on Anthem. She then told me that I could order them via room service, which I had no interest in doing. Not a particularly satisfying answer.

I will be mentioning this (and many other things) in my survey.

I was looking at a Cruise Planner from a recent New Jersey sailing and it showed Serento open till 3am. I would assume they would have more then just water and coffee but that is just an assumption on my part.

The only beverages available in the pizza place were from a Freestyle soda machine. Water and coffee were from Promenade Cafe, which it was connected to.

Edited by MisterBill99