Shock Horror.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaagh, they've closed the "Advice to overseas tourists coming to Australia" thread, where am I going to get my daily dose of humour.

Actually I was trying to notify the Fashion Police that I had just washed the delivery that arrived late last week. I'm sure they will be pleased that I am now the proud owner of a further 10 Pairs of short WHITE SOCKS to go with my white joggers.:D

Aaaaaaaaaaaaagh, they've closed the "Advice to overseas tourists coming to Australia" thread, where am I going to get my daily dose of humour.

Actually I was trying to notify the Fashion Police that I had just washed the delivery that arrived late last week. I'm sure they will be pleased that I am now the proud owner of a further 10 Pairs of short WHITE SOCKS to go with my white joggers.:D

I think our posts might have upset a few folk across ye olde Pacific. Such is life.

I thought they had a sense of humour, I mean have a look at the two presidential candidates.:rolleyes:

Oh, we sure do have a sense of humor and I was also getting a chuckle reading the thread.

FYI, I don't own white socks or joggers. Perhaps I'm too young (50's) for such.

Shock horror, indeed ;)

I thought they had a sense of humour, I mean have a look at the two presidential candidates.:rolleyes:

Firstly, I am not offended. I come in peace.:D

Regarding the first half of your comment...some of us do have a sense of humor.

Those who do get offended easily must be unaware that Americans are ridiculed widely across the globe.

As for me, I do not care what others think. Just like Aussies don't care what others think. It's something that I understand & respect.:)

As far as the two prez candidates...all I can say is: It's slim pickin's, & regardless of who wins...the American people have a long road ahead of them.

We haven't had real leadership for decades now, & I doubt that will change anytime soon.:(

Hmmpfh! :eek: :eek:

Of course, without regular posts to that thread it will disappear into the back pages and then the overseas tourists won't see all that very important information that was posted there, and then we'll have to start again. :mad: :rolleyes:

Hmmpfh! :eek: :eek:

Of course, without regular posts to that thread it will disappear into the back pages and then the overseas tourists won't see all that very important information that was posted there, and then we'll have to start again. :mad: :rolleyes:

Not all is lost,

http://boards.cruisecritic.com.au/showthread.php?t=2362723

I think it was a case of not being able to see the wood for the trees. As will many topics on this site they tend to meander around and around, page after page, until most readers have no idea what the original question was. In the mean time some are having a good time trying to outdo each other. The rest are picking up snippets of information. It's fun for a while then it gets a bit boring, and we move on to something new, or someone from OS will ask the same questions again. So don't give up.

Edited by happysnapper

Firstly, I am not offended. I come in peace.:D

Regarding the first half of your comment...some of us do have a sense of humor.

Those who do get offended easily must be unaware that Americans are ridiculed widely across the globe.

As for me, I do not care what others think. Just like Aussies don't care what others think. It's something that I understand & respect.:)

As far as the two prez candidates...all I can say is: It's slim pickin's, & regardless of who wins...the American people have a long road ahead of them.

We haven't had real leadership for decades now, & I doubt that will change anytime soon.:(

Well said sir, good to see some of us from both nations have thick skins and can see the wood from the trees.

God Bless America and Australia, well and NZ/Canada too, (you know the poor cousins.)

Edited by NSWP

Nooooo!

I got up this morning (National fiesta in Spain, so I'm up later than you) looking forward to finding out where I should not go in Sydney and it was closed. Hmphh! So why not go to Kings Cross folks and is there anywhere else I shouldn't go?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Edited by SpainAlien

Nooooo!

I got up this morning (National fiesta in Spain, so I'm up later than you) looking forward to finding out where I should not go in Sydney and it was closed. Hmphh! So why not go to Kings Cross folks and is there anywhere else I shouldn't go?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

You can go to Kings Cross but please do not go if you are easily offended.

It is essentially the Red light area with many brothels but also with bars and clubs and such.

In the evenings, it can get dangerous, the streets and bars can get quite boisterous, especially for tourists that do not know where they are going.

I thought it was an excellent suggestion and was about to post where not to go in Melbourne and there it was topic closed!!!!

Our safety in unusual areas should be of prime concern for a travel website.

I recall in San Francisco as a single female i did wander into the "no go areas" very innocently.

My daughters host brother from her exchange in Japan came to melbourne, booked into a hotel in King Street. Once he checked in, he began to read the tourist literature he had picked up at the airport, it was warning about safety issues in King Street. He spent the night, hungry and scared, not feeling safe enough to go out to get something to eat, prior to us collecting him the following day and bringing him out to suburbia.

yeah noticed that i think yesterday :eek::D

Oh, we sure do have a sense of humor and I was also getting a chuckle reading the thread.

FYI, I don't own white socks or joggers. Perhaps I'm too young (50's) for such.

Shock horror, indeed ;)

yes was a great thread to get a chuckle from , sad to see it go

I thought it was an excellent suggestion and was about to post where not to go in Melbourne and there it was topic closed!!!!

Our safety in unusual areas should be of prime concern for a travel website.

I recall in San Francisco as a single female i did wander into the "no go areas" very innocently.

My daughters host brother from her exchange in Japan came to melbourne, booked into a hotel in King Street. Once he checked in, he began to read the tourist literature he had picked up at the airport, it was warning about safety issues in King Street. He spent the night, hungry and scared, not feeling safe enough to go out to get something to eat, prior to us collecting him the following day and bringing him out to suburbia.

Every city has areas best avoided at all times and sometimes it an area best avoided just at night and other areas may only be avoided during a particular event i.e Dickson and surrounds during Summernats (a car show with burnouts and racing, etc).

hey guys and gals,youve been fun and a pleasure to converse with.

I'm not perfect,but hey,im just going to cruise around,watch,maybe comment here and there.

Pretty down,but not out.

Keep up the good work,love yas/

one for mic and gut and nspw :eek:

One for Julie/:)

Phuska;)

Cabinsail wherever ya are.:rolleyes:

makwe.:D

Rus 21/:cool:

• 1 month later...