Persian Gardens

M&Dcruisers

Does anyone know the cost of admission to the Persion Gardens?

From what I read while researching, it appears day passes are approx $20/$25 per day however I think they may also offer week long / cruise long packages for a discount on embarkation day.

Hopefully someone that has travelled recently can confirm the rates!

I don't think that's accurate.

SOMETIMES suite passengers are given the Elite Coupons, which include admission to the Persian Gardens once per cruise, on a port day.

This is not automatic.

Beyond that, access to the Persian Gardens is a perk of Aqua Class, not Suites.

What exactly is included in the Persian Gardens? Is it just a quiet place to relax?

The Persian Garden has heated ceramic loungers where you can relax and have some great views. In addition, there is a sauna room, steam rooms, a cold room and also sensory showers. Actual rooms may depend on your ship. Talking is discouraged in the Persian Garden.

Perhaps you meant to say Aqua Class gets free admission?

I was in a suite on Century and enjoyed the Persian gardens as a perk. Maybe it was because I was an elite status (because of my RCL tier) but I thought it was a suite perk.

What exactly is included in the Persian Gardens? Is it just a quiet place to relax?

If you think you might have any interest then head there on embarkation day afternoon. They will be giving tours of the spa area and the Persian Gardens will not be in it's normal operation and instead should be open for tours. Ask about rates then and if you can have the price of a day pass applied to a cruise long pass if you're interested.

Are these saunas, steam rooms etc mixed sex? Or do they have gender specific ones?

Thank you!

The Persian Gardens areas are co-ed (both sexes in all areas).

However, in the Men's and Women's locker rooms there are same sex only saunas that are not part of the Persian Gardens and are open to any passenger at no extra charge.

I checked out the Persian Gardens on Summit in 2012 and was not impressed. They did not have the nice heated loungers like some other ships. hey had some sort of benches that were not at all comfortable for me.

Laura

I checked out the Persian Gardens on Summit in 2012 and was not impressed. They did not have the nice heated loungers like some other ships. hey had some sort of benches that were not at all comfortable for me.

Laura

The Constellation has benches only. It is a large room with benches, fountain in the middle( was not working) and no windows.The various showers stalls and steam room are on a small area off this main room. All co-ed.

The lovely sauna in the women's locker room had a nice window to watch the sea. The sauna is free. There is a door from the solarium to womens locker room/ bathroom, no need to go through the spa area.

Edited by Azulann

Hi There

as a european we are used to go to sauna nude. How is it handled on the ship? Does anyone know?

Americans are quite shy in this regard, and it will probably not be tolerated as another passenger will complain. The most important thing to remember, and this applies to everyone, is that the relaxation area with the heated loungers is suppose to be QUIET. There is meditative music and aromatherapy and people trying to get to that transient bliss between awake and sleep . Then all of a sudden some noisy, yapping fool will come in and blow the whole experience.

That I would like them to enforce. :rolleyes:

Hi There

as a european we are used to go to sauna nude. How is it handled on the ship? Does anyone know?

I don't use these areas so I'm not speaking from personal experience but from what I've heard and read:

This is no problem and not unusual in the single sex saunas which are off the men's or woman's locker rooms.

It is not allowed in the mixed sex Persian Gardens areas.

The most important thing to remember, and this applies to everyone, is that the relaxation area with the heated loungers is suppose to be QUIET. There is meditative music and aromatherapy and people trying to get to that transient bliss between awake and sleep . Then all of a sudden some noisy, yapping fool will come in and blow the whole experience.

Especially when the problem is the staff. On our last cruise, we were relaxing in a steam room when we heard very loud voices and thumping in the main area. We ignored it for several minutes before I put my head out the door to discover a staff member show another passenger around the room. I didn't have to say anything, she got quiet when she saw me.

Americans are quite shy in this regard, and it will probably not be tolerated as another passenger will complain. The most important thing to remember, and this applies to everyone, is that the relaxation area with the heated loungers is suppose to be QUIET. There is meditative music and aromatherapy and people trying to get to that transient bliss between awake and sleep . Then all of a sudden some noisy, yapping fool will come in and blow the whole experience.

I don't use these areas so I'm not speaking from personal experience but from what I've heard and read:

This is no problem and not unusual in the single sex saunas which are off the men's or woman's locker rooms.

It is not allowed in the mixed sex Persian Gardens areas.

Exactly. We have frequented the saunas of various ships and very few guys kept their swimsuit on. But everyone is dressed in the Persian Garden Area.

We were on Reflections last week and bought a week pass to Persian Garden and the total cost for the two of us was $171.00 that included gratuity.

We usually buy the pass, just to have that ability to get away from the crowds and relax. It is a nice experience.

• 6 months later...
The saunas are free and are gender specific.

I like to use the sauna, but I don't require all the fancy stuff in the Persian Garden.

I like the idea that the basic, gender specific sauna is free and available to all passengers. That is good enough for me.