2017 Preview

BBMacLaird

Unfortunately I think "more of the same". Absolutely nothing new in there. I also wonder how many of these sailings will get cancelled for charters. (I don't buy that there will be no charters during 2017.)

I booked a North Atlantic crossing via Iceland and Greenland and an Amazon river cruise on Seabourn for 2016 and it looks like I'll need to look at their itineraries for 2017 as well. Too bad as I really prefer Azamara but I cruise first and foremost for the itinerary.

Floris

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The November Le Club Voyage newsletter is hitting the boxes starting today.

In it you'll find the link to the preview of our 2017 itineraries!

http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/preview-voyages

What do you think?

Thanks Bonnie, these look great. Are these ALL available or will they be chartered out? How will we know what is safe to book and won't be chartered out?

Edited by JVNYC

I agree given that potential charterers are being shown round the vessels as we speak we have to see these are the potential itineraries only for the foreseeable future and not get too attached to a particular cruise or cruises

I agree given that potential charterers are being shown round the vessels as we speak we have to see these are the potential itineraries only for the foreseeable future and not get too attached to a particular cruise or cruises

I agree. I'm hoping they can at least offer reduced deposits for the 2017 dates. Don't want to put out a full deposit on something that may be chartered.

And some will get cancelled over the course of 2015. You know it, we know it. Let's not play games.

Who's playing games, floisdekort? Charters are simply a fact of life in the cruise industry. I have no idea which, if any, of our 2017 voyages will be chartered, or when. Were you expecting me, the Chief Blogging Officer, to promise that none would be chartered?!

I'm not bringing this up to argue with you but I am wondering why, if as you say above you're sticking with Seabourn, you sound hostile to Azamara as though charters only happen on our line? Charters are a fact of life, and a key factor in the sustainability of ALL small-ship cruise lines, including Seabourn*.

*I speak from experience on this as my readers will recall from my bio & first blog post that I spent many years managing both their marketing and revenue management departments.

Bonnie, do you know if there will be reduced deposits for the 2017 sailings? Thanks!

There are no plans to offer reduced deposits for 2017, that I know of. The only way to get a reduced deposit it to book a future cruise while on-board. Are you sailing with us anytime soon?

Another email I haven't received despite being in touch with our LCV host, giving my LCV number and email again and being assured I will now be getting them! Not sure what else I can do

Thank you Bonnie for posting, at least I can look at the Azamara website.

Edited by Grandma Gilly

Wow, Bonnie, thanks for the sneak peek. These look like some great itineraries, and we're looking forward to the details of them being released soon. We're also looking forward to our first cruise with Azamara in 2 weeks! If we like Azamara as much as everyone on here seems to, we have decided to consolidate our cruise options to Celebrity, Azamara and Crystal. Thanks for posting this!

Michael

Another email I haven't received despite being in touch with our LCV host, giving my LCV number and email again and being assured I will now be getting them! Not sure what else I can do

I haven't had the email either, nor the Cyber Sale one. I emailed the LCV host on Sunday and haven't yet had a reply. (There's only been one working day though.) I have had some Azamara emails in the past, but not the seemingly important ones. I have added the 3 email addresses that Bonnie provided to my contacts but I can see all 'spam' emails anyhow, so know the emails haven't arrived. I get regular emails from all other cruise companies and booking agents that I've subscribed to, whether I've used them or not, including Celebrity and RCL. Azamara is the only one that seems unable to maintain and utilize an email list.

No email received in this corner of England's green and pleasant land either.:rolleyes:

Edited by little britain

And some will get cancelled over the course of 2015. You know it, we know it. Let's not play games.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

But isn't that true of most lines? Celebrity and HAL charter their ships too. Some port stops get changed or canceled due to the political climate, such as Egypt.

I guess the question is whether Azamara will charter out their ships more than other cruise lines, and of course they only have two ships (right now), making it unlikely to be another option during the same time period.

There are no plans to offer reduced deposits for 2017, that I know of. The only way to get a reduced deposit it to book a future cruise while on-board. Are you sailing with us anytime soon?

Thanks Bonnie. I have never sailed with Azamara but I'm intrigued. How soon can we see the 2017 port stops? Are they only viewable starting on Dec 8? Thanks!

Who's playing games, floisdekort? Charters are simply a fact of life in the cruise industry. I have no idea which, if any, of our 2017 voyages will be chartered, or when. Were you expecting me, the Chief Blogging Officer, to promise that none would be chartered?!

I'm not bringing this up to argue with you but I am wondering why, if as you say above you're sticking with Seabourn, you sound hostile to Azamara as though charters only happen on our line? Charters are a fact of life, and a key factor in the sustainability of ALL small-ship cruise lines, including Seabourn*.

*I speak from experience on this as my readers will recall from my bio & first blog post that I spent many years managing both their marketing and revenue management departments.

NO, No, Bonnie:o You are tickled too easily. :p Floris will be back. He just needs a good hug.:)

Itineraries doesn't look too bad, but there will always be different opinions, depending on previous cruising history. The Journey definitely has the best 2017 plan for me. ;)

Edited by oddjob16

Take back all I said earlier. I received not one but two identical emails about the newsletter. Very happy!

Same here! I wonder if we'll get the Cyber Sale email? Maybe we'll get it twice and can claim double the discount!!!

One thing though ... the LCV emails haven't come from any of the 3 addresses provided by Bonnie on another thread. The source is: celebritycruises@mail.celebritycruises.co.uk.

Itineraries doesn't look too bad, but there will always be different opinions, depending on previous cruising history. The Journey definitely has the best 2017 plan for me. ;)

I think i prefer JR for summer of 2017. i also and using that ship summer of 2016. I am running out of ideas for winter of 2017 on either ship. spending parts of this winter in asia and next down under.

i am on Quest dec 2016 enjoying great snorkel ports but not staying on to float around the carribbean again