Perry Grant on Eclipse TA

FortyNinerLiz

We love Perry and have had the pleasure of his company three times over the last two years on cruises. If he isnt to your taste there is a lot elsewhere to enjoy but he works extremely hard and puts on a great show every evening. We have introduced many to Perry who have been hooked. He is the longest serving and highest paid Celebrity act which must say something. How someone can describe him as 'weird' and 'creeped me out' says more about their inhibitions than Perry's talants. I would have to say that a person who doesnt like Perry would not be someone we would not click with on a cruise and in Perry's words ' if you have not laughed in the last 40 years you are not welcome in here'.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What an entertainer.

Unique in what he does.

:)

Most haters haven't really watched his shows to come up with that

nasty attitude.

We have watched his shows. Well, if you see one of his shows you have seen all of his shows. That is what turned us off...it is different in the theater in his "big" show but in Cellar Masters it is same schtick every night. Kept hoping for something different 5-6 years ago in numerous times on Constellation and 5 weeks this year on Eclipse. Nice guy but not even close to our tastes.

Edited by ECCruise

We love Perry and have had the pleasure of his company three times over the last two years on cruises. If he isnt to your taste there is a lot elsewhere to enjoy but he works extremely hard and puts on a great show every evening. We have introduced many to Perry who have been hooked. He is the longest serving and highest paid Celebrity act which must say something. How someone can describe him as 'weird' and 'creeped me out' says more about their inhibitions than Perry's talants. I would have to say that a person who doesnt like Perry would not be someone we would not click with on a cruise and in Perry's words ' if you have not laughed in the last 40 years you are not welcome in here'.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks,couldn't have said it better myself. He "made" our trip last Jan.

First experienced him on a Holland America Line cruise and was very disappointed to learn that they had lost him to Celebrity Cruises. There are not many individual cruise ship entertainers that I particularly remember: Patrick Murray and Matilda and Perry Grant are the two main exceptions. Certainly did enjoy him when I sailed on Celebrity Eclipse. I have never understood how Holland America Line allowed him to slip away from their Entertainment Department.

First experienced him on a Holland America Line cruise and was very disappointed to learn that they had lost him to Celebrity Cruises. There are not many individual cruise ship entertainers that I particularly remember: Patrick Murray and Matilda and Perry Grant are the two main exceptions. Certainly did enjoy him when I sailed on Celebrity Eclipse. I have never understood how Holland America Line allowed him to slip away from their Entertainment Department.
]\

It's called $$$$$$;)

Glad to see Perry still going strong and will see him in a couple of weeks. Although not a big fan we do appreciate his talent and will definitely to 1 or 2 of his shows on our cruise. Guess we better put in a new kitchen counter top before we go on the cruise (Perry fans will understand).

Hank

Was on the Eclipse last October on a Canary Island cruise.

Most nights after the performance in the Main Theater we would get a drink and slip into the Cellar Masters for his show. Some nights the Cellar Masters would be so full you could not get in. Now my wife liked him a lot, I could 'take or leave' him. He does have a certain brand of humor and rapport with the audience that makes him entertaining.

Good one. He is one of the reasons I question whether x is a Cruiselines of choice. Too geriatric for us.

He mistook our Volga blue pearl on purpose. It's all part of his schtick. Considering you seem to like Carnival/NCL, perhaps Celebrity is too formal/sophisticated for you. There's plenty of "geriatrics" as you call them on Carnival/NCL as well.

He mistook our Volga blue pearl on purpose. It's all part of his schtick. Considering you seem to like Carnival/NCL, perhaps Celebrity is too formal/sophisticated for you. There's plenty of "geriatrics" as you call them on Carnival/NCL as well.

Certainly Perry Grant's schtick does not fit in with a "sophisticated" cruise line!

Hilarious the first time ,, funny the second, predictable after that.

Hey, but some people cannot get enough and there are plenty of other options for those that do not wish to experience .

Despite what some may think Celebrity is a mass market cruise line, not an elite cruise line for the "sophisticated". And Celebrity passengers are not clones! Passengers come from different backgrounds, education, lifestyles, ages, cultures, countries, etc. Some are going to like Perry and some are not going to like him. That's natural. As one who has a strong dislike for his performances I can live with sailing on a ship with him performing and with passengers who love him! Different strokes for different folks.

Edited by Charles4515

As a sophisticated New yorker I know that Perry's act is very sophisticated or at least it is very funny. Much of the humor comes from repetition and watching newbies reaction to it. Having sailed with Perry five times with many more to come I hope I can truly say that I never get tired of his schtick. In his lounge we follow the old traditions as Sister Mary Clare used to say- oh I can't repeat that here. and no matter what Perry says I am going to keep my white kitchen appliances.

We watched Perry's show once and that was quite enough. I appreciate that some people love his style, but for me he is right up there with Dame Edna, making fun of some people to entertain others. However, he was very funny in Liar's Club.

Certainly Perry Grant's schtick does not fit in with a "sophisticated" cruise line!

Consideering that Perry had over 700 of his fans certainly means a lot the the overall financial health of the line. It's a shame they moved him out of Michaels & into Cellar Masters.

As a sophisticated New yorker I know that Perry's act is very sophisticated or at least it is very funny. Much of the humor comes from repetition and watching newbies reaction to it. Having sailed with Perry five times with many more to come I hope I can truly say that I never get tired of his schtick. In his lounge we follow the old traditions as Sister Mary Clare used to say- oh I can't repeat that here. and no matter what Perry says I am going to keep my white kitchen appliances.

I love last year where this one woman commented she had Formica counter tops. The "rings" slid off in record time & out came the "barf" bag!