Current Captain on Silhouette - need ASAP

lawblond7

Add me to the "curious" list about the OPs question. Most could care less about these 3 officers, although we would really smile if we were back on the Silhouette with Captain Demitrius (the funniest man at sea). The OPs question got me thinking, and having spent over 3 1/2 years on probably about 100 cruises (we have never kept count) I could not name a single Guest Relations manager or Security Officer.

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

There is a story behind this going back a year and a half. I had a specific issue with someone who needed an attitude adjustment - no not me 😃 was just wondering who was on board. FYI issue was on Constellation not the silhouette which we sailed on last Christmas and was wonderful.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Getting information about who the Captain and who the Guest Relations Manager currently is can be done pretty easily. The Head of Security, now that's a different matter. Their names are not published in the Daily. I've never seen any listing of who they are, so unless you can talk to someone who is currently on board who can ask for this person's name on your behalf, it would be tough to find out.

If a very attractive woman comes here and asks about whether a 39 year old happily married yet slightly repressed man, who is overweight and chubby but has a nice personality and wants to know his cruising schedule, I give you all permission to tell her about me, especially if she needs to know asap.

You were harassed by the Captain, the GR Manager and the Security Officer?:confused:

I will bet that if it involved the Captain, the GR Manager, AND Security, she or someone in her group needed to be disciplined for something they did and as is too typical of many people these days, places the blame for it on everyone but herself! :(

I also have no idea what she means by "and want to endure someone is not now cruise"! :confused:

Edited by SantaFeFan

Why is it mind boggling. In reality I have a good reason as I was harassed by someone and want to endure someone is not now cruise

Ladies and Gentlemen of the Jury, I now rest my case.

Before you rest your case I was not harassed by all just one and endure should have been ensure. I no I just did not like how something was handled and had to endure nasty looks and the like because I complained. Don't rest your case until your. Are sure beyond a reasonable doubt. One thing about these forums everyone wants to jump to conclusions or slam people who ask a question. If you had a bad experience with someone who glared at you purposely ignored you while acknowledging everyone else with you and lied to your face you would not want to be around them or be subjected to them

Actually we cruised last December on the Silhouette with no issues and in general like the product they offer what I do not like is a how a simple question makes you all so judgmental and making assumptions. Royal Caribbean gave of my 3 chronically ill boys the most amazing Make a Wish Trip. As such we would like to support them. In general the Royal ships are too big when we travel with my mom 75 and her BF 85 so Celebrity does have what we want. However if a current issue is not resolved it is likely we will sail elsewhere. I am not the person to let one person destroy the reputation of a store or cruise line etc. all I asked was a simple question and people just want to attack. This is sad..I have 3 boys 17, 17 & 21 with a incurable dies ease. Cruising is a great way for us to travel. If I would rather not have to deal with a specific Person I do not find that unreasonable.

Actually we cruised last December on the Silhouette with no issues and in general like the product they offer what I do not like is a how a simple question makes you all so judgmental and making assumptions. Royal Caribbean gave of my 3 chronically ill boys the most amazing Make a Wish Trip. As such we would like to support them. In general the Royal ships are too big when we travel with my mom 75 and her BF 85 so Celebrity does have what we want. However if a current issue is not resolved it is likely we will sail elsewhere. I am not the person to let one person destroy the reputation of a store or cruise line etc. all I asked was a simple question and people just want to attack. This is sad..I have 3 boys 17, 17 & 21 with a incurable dies ease. Cruising is a great way for us to travel. If I would rather not have to deal with a specific Person I do not find that unreasonable.

I can understand your point of view. A cruise should be an enjoyable and relaxing experience and your choice of cruise might be based on whose onboard. In fact there is a long running thread that provides information about what key staff or on each ship. When I have more than one cruise possibility I check the thread and often use the listing as a factor in my decision. Usually I ask who do I enjoy seeing and see the cruise as an opportunity to reconnect. I also check Roll Calls for the same reason and must admit that there are a few, very few, that I'd like to avoid. I hope you enjoy your cruise with your boys and wish them well.

If I would rather not have to deal with a specific Person I do not find that unreasonable.

What I have a hard time understanding is why would you expect to come into contact with the person you have a beef with? Unless you single them out, they should be nearly invisible and not in contact with you. I never come into contact with anyone other than the stateroom attendants and staff in the bars and restaurants. I have never come into contact with the captain, guest relations manager, or especially security.

What am I missing?

Edited by fortinweb

Does anyone know who the current Captain on the Silhouette and also the security officer is and the guest relations manager.

Thanks

Sharon

We disembarked from the Silhouette TA on November 16. At that time, the Capt. was A. Lekkas, the Guest Relations Mgr was Sinisa Micetic, and the Staff Captain, who was introduced as responsible for, among other things, security, was Ioannis Kasimatis.

I have no idea how long any of them was staying on board, and if you are trying to avoid one of them, I don't know how you can know for sure who will be on for your sailing until you board.