Best cruise line in Australia/ New Zealand?

Esilef

That's a very subjective question. I'm sure everyone here has their favourite cruise line and some people may not have cruised more than one line.

So far we like Princess better than RCI, and will be experiencing Celebrity shortly.

I love to see more cruise lines base ships here all year round, not just in our summer.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

That's a very subjective question. I'm sure everyone here has their favourite cruise line and some people may not have cruised more than one line.

So far we like Princess better than RCI, and will be experiencing Celebrity shortly.

I love to see more cruise lines base ships here all year round, not just in our summer.

I am eagerly awaiting your thoughts after your Celeb cruise.

I really want to do a Celeb cruise but Princess keeps winning my bookings with the AUD on board.

I am in the Princess camp atm.

I would love it if Disney came down this way.

Probably Celebrity followed by Princess. Then again the further away from Australia you get the better Princess is. I was a little disappointed that Princess has changed the menu both drinks and food for Australia so that some of the Princess favourites are no longer available if the ship is based in Australia. I had a love for some drinks that I could get on a Princess ship based in America. P&O UK used to be excellent on World Cruises but they have considerably dumb'd down their product in recent years I defected to other cruise lines.

I am eagerly awaiting your thoughts after your Celeb cruise.

I really want to do a Celeb cruise but Princess keeps winning my bookings with the AUD on board.

I am in the Princess camp atm.

I would love it if Disney came down this way.

To me the big difference between Princess and Celebrity is the Aus$ and tipping. I can book similar cruises for similar prices, but with Celebrity add $13 a day each (nearly $20 Aus) and drinks are similar prices but after conversion 50% higher with Celebrity and that's on non alcoholic drinks. Celebrity are ahead in that the premium NA package includes the premium coffees and cans of drink not gun soda.

IMO, Celebrity and Princess are more alike than different.:D

I say no more difference between Celebrity and Princess than between two ships for Princess or two from Celebrity.

Celebrity has, I think, a slightly younger demographic than Princess.

Both have a few things I like more than the other, but I'm happy to cruise with either line.

For us, it is Princess Cruise Line. Middle of the range, a fairly consistent quality and standard of service, a decent loyalty scheme - Captains Circle, reasonable value for money and one can 'Escape Completely' and 'Come Back New.' LOL.

Edited by NSWP

For us, it is Princess Cruise Line. Middle of the range, a fairly consistent quality and standard of service, a decent loyalty scheme - Captains Circle, reasonable value for money and one can 'Escape Completely' and 'Come Back New.' LOL.

Sorry Uncle Les, but I'm not sure they use "Come back New" anymore, every piece of paper Mrs GUT saw with that was changed by crossing out "New" and writing in "Fat".

Sems that might be the new slogan.