Plain & Simple, Gerry Cahill Must Go

Wennfred

I just read a thread that stated that all cruise lines have issues and that the media is mostly attacking Carnival. This is not the norm, this is happening frequently now.

Well, ever since CEO Gerry Cahill took over the fleet, things have changed big time. For one, many loyal and good service crew members have left for other companies, even upper staff as in officers have left since Gerry Cahill took over. With all of these loyal employees when asked why? they all stated Gerry Cahill.

Cut backs and Saving money by possibly getting rid of Engineering staff and keeping up with a months Pre-schedule Maintenance System (PMS) is what is killing these fairly new ships or with ships that were in dry dock for overhaul.

You didnt see much of this with Micky Arison or Bob Dickinson. Things ran normal and im sure that back then Maintenance and their Employees were the priority of the fleet.

Well guys, Flame on if you want but, I for sure will be taking a break from Cruising Carnival, we cant take a chance with spending our hard earned money with a broke ship.

Fred, San Diego Ca.

I just read a thread that stated that all cruise lines have issues and that the media is mostly attacking Carnival. This is not the norm, this is happening frequently now.

Well, ever since CEO Gerry Cahill took over the fleet, things have changed big time. For one, many loyal and good service crew members have left for other companies, even upper staff as in officers have left since Gerry Cahill took over. With all of these loyal employees when asked why? they all stated Gerry Cahill.

Cut backs and Saving money by possibly getting rid of Engineering staff and keeping up with a months Pre-schedule Maintenance System (PMS) is what is killing these fairly new ships or with ships that were in dry dock for overhaul.

You didnt see much of this with Micky Arison or Bob Dickinson. Things ran normal and im sure that back then Maintenance and their Employees were the priority of the fleet.

Well guys, Flame on if you want but, I for sure will be taking a break from Cruising Carnival, we cant take a chance with spending our hard earned money with a broke ship.

Fred, San Diego Ca.

Agree 100% Fred. He has had nothing trouble sine he came in as CEO.

This morning when I read what happened this was my first thought.

Its kind of like a major sports team that has a terrible season what happens??

The head coach usually gets fired. In Carnivals case they need to fire the head coach and start fresh. This is a PR nightmare for Carnival Corp and nobody can argue this no matter if its just mechanical problems that just happen.

I wont cancel my two cruises I have booked but After the two are done I hope all this will pass and Carnival will have it all figured out.

Right now, Carnival needs a scapegoat, and Ungle Gerry seems to be the likely candidate. He better get those tears ready again.

And welcome back Fred!

Thanks buddy, nice to be back to see whats going on here heheh.

Plans for November, possibly a land shore vacation in Oahu, no cruising this year, or until they get their poop together with these ship problems.

Fred

Four recent incidents for Carnival while other lines are all having, seemingly, smooth sailings, begs the question.... What are the managerial issues plaguing this line???? Are there grievanced employees? Is this possibly sabotage? Are employees underpaid and not valued and/or respected? It is apparent that someone is not accountable. Whether it's the CEO or, the entire attitude of the CCCL family, something isn't working and that's obvious with the disastrous recent events. Change is always good and necessary. This is CCCL's time for that change before they are bankrupt.

Hi Fred, good to see you posting.

I am ambivalent. Carnival is now way cheaper than other lines.. and thats what I expect, a cheaper cruise.

I had to fight with them to get early dining 2 cruises ago, after maitre d said no to me. Always been able to get on and at 1 pm go see him embarkation day. guaranteed dining time used to be a platinum perk, but they cut the perks (after saying they wouldnt).

There are for sure a lot of cut backs and corner cutting .. but I know that getting on. I dont expect a RCL level cruise.

guaranteed dining time used to be a platinum perk, but they cut the perks (after saying they wouldnt).

There are for sure a lot of cut backs and corner cutting .. but I know that getting on. I dont expect a RCL level cruise.

Wow, didnt know that they are cutting Platinum perks.. or the program all together. i always used the dining room perk all the time. That sucks.

Fred

Seems like company's today worry about today and not tomorrow (speaking from what I see at a company I know)...all about doing more with less....LEAN is what they call it and I hate it!!! Just a matter of time before it all goes kaput

Wow, didnt know that they are cutting Platinum perks.. or the program all together. i always used the dining room perk all the time. That sucks.

Fred

Yeah - you probably missed all Reward Program/Cruises converting to points threads. :o This might help get you up to speed: http://www.carnival.com/loyalty/benefits.aspx

Glad you rejoined us! Welcome back ;)

This morning when I read what happened this was my first thought.

Its kind of like a major sports team that has a terrible season what happens??

The head coach usually gets fired. In Carnivals case they need to fire the head coach and start fresh. This is a PR nightmare for Carnival Corp and nobody can argue this no matter if its just mechanical problems that just happen.

I wont cancel my two cruises I have booked but After the two are done I hope all this will pass and Carnival will have it all figured out.

Not disagreeing that these problems exist and that in many ways problems were mishandled but I'm not real sure I agree with everyones analogies/perceptions.

Correct me if I'm wrong but how has this negatively affected the folks that matter? The stock seems to be right where it usually is and there are many reports that bookings are up over last year even after the Triumph incident. Why fire the guy that continues to manage a team that sells out every game?

Yeah - you probably missed all Reward Program/Cruises converting to points threads. :o This might help get you up to speed: http://www.carnival.com/loyalty/benefits.aspx

Glad you rejoined us! Welcome back ;)

Thanks, I just checked and we are still Platinum but no where close to VFPP.

Going to miss the free wash and fold service.

oh well.

Thanks, I just checked and we are still Platinum but no where close to VFPP.

Going to miss the free wash and fold service.

oh well.

That's us too - no where near Diamond. :o

You do get the free laundry - it's just limited now to 3 bags per Platinum cruiser.

I love cruising and have loved all of my Carnival Cruises. I am planning one now for 2014. For the first time ever, I am going to look at other lines....not saying I am definitely jumping ship....just looking.

I do think Cahill needs to go. The buck stops with him. If nothing other than making a "statement"......having his step down will settle some cries.

I'm a Carnival stock shareholder, and voted against the entire board in this year's election. I suggest that if anyone on here is also a shareholder, they do the same. That would send a loud and clear voice that something has to be done.

Not disagreeing that these problems exist and that in many ways problems were mishandled but I'm not real sure I agree with everyones analogies/perceptions.

Correct me if I'm wrong but how has this negatively affected the folks that matter? The stock seems to be right where it usually is and there are many reports that bookings are up over last year even after the Triumph incident. Why fire the guy that continues to manage a team that sells out every game?

A Harris poll of 2,230 U.S. adults, which took place between February 19 and 21, 2013, found a 17% drop in a measurement of America's trust in Carnival Cruise Lines following the much-publicized Triumph incident. Carnival also suffered a 13% decline in a measurement of purchase intent. Royal Caribbean and Norwegian saw smaller drops in the measure.

The poll suggests that newcomers to cruising were significantly put off by the Triumph incident. It will be interesting to see the poll results after the Dream, and to a lesser extent, the Legend incidents.

I won't disagree with the sentiments on this thread...someone at Carnival needs to answer for Carnival's recent experiences, and Cahill is the most likely one.

And Carnival has had a lot of issues for the past six months or so with their ships. But it seems to me that about a year ago, it was Royal Caribbean that was having a lot of issues (at least according to events posted at cruisejunkie). I have cruises 8 and 9 with Carnival booked, and there's a good possibility we will stay with Carnival at least until we get platinum. After that, unless Carnival changes itineraries, there may not be any reason to stay with them anyway.

I am ambivalent. Carnival is now way cheaper than other lines.. and thats what I expect, a cheaper cruise.

I had to fight with them to get early dining 2 cruises ago, after maitre d said no to me. Always been able to get on and at 1 pm go see him embarkation day. guaranteed dining time used to be a platinum perk, but they cut the perks (after saying they wouldnt).

Where have you been?

Seems like company's today worry about today and not tomorrow (speaking from what I see at a company I know)...all about doing more with less....LEAN is what they call it and I hate it!!! Just a matter of time before it all goes kaput

I know what you are talking about, the company I work for went to LEAN, I hate it and so do my co-workers.:mad:

I'm a Carnival stock shareholder, and voted against the entire board in this year's election. I suggest that if anyone on here is also a shareholder, they do the same. That would send a loud and clear voice that something has to be done.
I think they hold enough shares not to worry. But I like your thought process.

Fred, San Diego Ca.

I am guessing that since you have not taken a cruise in 4 years...you have already been "taking a break"????

Most of the changes don't effect me and I think these technical issues would have happened no matter WHO was at the helm....

Think about, the part that cause the Splendor fire passed US Coast Guard Inspection THE DAY SHE SAILED!!!

I am guessing that since you have not taken a cruise in 4 years...

Wow, has it been 4 long years? seems like yesterday. You never forget those fun cruises. Since we have a pad in Vegas, we have been limited to just driving back and forth to Vegas with the 2 Beagles.

Oh by the way, those Coast Guard inspections probably dont check engine spaces. Im sure they didnt catch that drippy oil mess that started the fire.

Fred

Archived