No more free drink coupon

thomarvin

From John Heald FB page this morning. I like this so much better.

Well I see some of you have already been sent the change so i will post it here now rather than wait to 10:30am

Discontinued Sea Day Brunch Beverage Coupon .

The complimentary beverage

coupon that is redeemable during the Sea Day Brunch in the Main Dining Room will

be discontinued for VIFP Club Red and Gold members effective with sailings

departing on or after February 7, 2015.

Introduction of Complimentary 1 Liter Bottle of Water Every returning VIFP Club

Red, Gold, Platinum and Diamond member will receive a large, complimentary bottle

of water (1 liter), placed in their stateroom on embarkation day. (For example, if

there are four past guests in one stateroom, each of those guests will receive a

complimentary 1L bottle of water.)

We’re making these changes because members told us they felt the drink coupon was overly

restrictive in terms of where and when it could be used.

We believe the complimentary 1L bottle of water will be more appreciated and more widely

used, either on board or ashore. The rest of your VIFP Club benefits remain unchanged.

Thoughts please here and I will let the beards know. Thanks to you all for your brilliant loyalty - cheers

Well I see some of you have already been sent the change so i will post it here now rather than wait to 10:30am

coupon that is redeemable during the Sea Day Brunch in the Main Dining Room will

Red, Gold, Platinum and Diamond member will receive a large, complimentary bottle

of water (1 liter), placed in their stateroom on embarkation day. (For example, if

there are four past guests in one stateroom, each of those guests will receive a

We’re making these changes because members told us they felt the drink coupon was overly

We believe the complimentary 1L bottle of water will be more appreciated and more widely

used, either on board or ashore. The rest of your VIFP Club benefits remain unchanged.

Thoughts please here and I will let the beards know. Thanks to you all for your brilliant loyalty - cheers

People complained about the coupon being to restricted, so Carnival said, we will fix these people that complain about a free item, we will take it away

In truth, I like the change, even though I'm a drinker. If the coupon was that restrictive, I wouldn't have been too happy being forced into the brunch to make sure I get it. I will probably try the brunch, so it would ahve worked out, but with the coupon I would have felt obligated to go. I like the idea of having the water bottles, as we usually wind up buying some on the cruise anyway.

Booo!!! I sail Feb. 15. Those of us on a tight budget really appreciated the free drink! It was a much better value. I can easily get drinkable water around the ship any time I want.

I'm not buying their reason. It was never difficult to use the coupon.

Apparently Platinum and Diamond still get the drink, so I guess I should look at this as an enhancement of our Platinum benefits! Shorter line and an extra three bottles of water. :D

Edited by gtalum

So what is next? People have been complaining about the VIFP party for Gold/Platinum/Diamond cruisers not being able to bring on a family member with them to the party that was not invited. So, will that be taken away from us next since it is becoming overly restrictive in terms on who can come? :eek:

Also, don't forgot how we got here. Wasn't the free drink coupon partly in response to the dropping of the Farewell Party which itself was created in response to the dropping of the Captain's Cocktail Party? They even used the same lame excuse for this one as they did the dropping of the Farewell Party.

So, we've gone from free drink parties to a free drink coupon to a free bottle of water.

Edited by Cruise, J.D.

I am beyond pissed with Carnival. I was sincerely looking forward to using my drink coupon at brunch on our upcoming cruise. Now I can't.

I drink the free water all over the ship and find a bottle of water to be so utterly stupid. That is just my opinion.

Right now I'm so frustrated with Carnival and their cutbacks that I'm not even quite as excited about our cruise anymore.

I just feel very offended by this whole situation...they want people to think that this bottle of a water is a reward and that losing the drink is nothing. A bottle of water is $4, or you could have a drink that costs up to $8.75 free. So cheap Carnival, shame on you.

This is why many call CCL the walmart of the seas. They are very cheap with this latest move.

Would it be so difficult to let people use their drink coupon at any bar throughout the ship instead of forcing them into the sea day brunch mob scene?

Come on CCL

Never ceases to amaze me how many people complain about free items. Then have the nerve to use the real original "Walmart" reference.

I am also very annoyed at Carnival they always seem to downgrade things, now, why should I work at raising my status on Carnival when I know all they do is disappoint, downgrade and take away things? Other cruise lines don't do this in fact they improve things but NOT Carnival.

The right thing for Carnival to do is to continue the coupon but give us a choice of water or the drink, this will satisfy and please everybody.

Yes it is a free thing but the POINT is that Carnival is giving us something that is worth less, again saving money for their pocket and forgetting making customers happy to keep them from straying to other cruise lines should be their main concern.

I feel like Carnival smacked me in the head with a bottle of water, I can't tell you here where I want them to put that bottle of water!

Edited by lyndamr

I am beyond pissed with Carnival.

Right now I'm so frustrated with Carnival that I'm not even quite as excited about our cruise anymore. So cheap Carnival, shame on you.

Are you serious??? You are not excited to go on a cruise because they substituted a FREE item. Unreal. Thankfully for the cruise business most of us don't go on a cruise just for the freebies.

So what is next? People have been complaining about the VIFP party for Gold/Platinum/Diamond cruisers not being able to bring on a family member with them to the party that was not invited. So, will that be taken away from us next since it is becoming overly restrictive in terms on who can come? :eek:

I would actually be fine with that. It would end all the debate as to who can or can't go, blah blah blah garbage that goes on.

Instead give me a few free drink coupons (NOT FOR STINKING WATER) that I can use ANYWHERE at ANYTIME on the ship, and I would be a happy camper. The parties are way too crowded, and aren't that great, anyway. I would rather have a drink (or three) at my leisure.