Golden is delayed..

A.stew12305

I'm sitting on the balcony of my lovely and comfortable state room... looking at the bridge from pier 93. We were supposed to leave around 3:30, and there was an announcement that we would be delayed till after 9. It's now 10:19, and about a half hour ago we were informed that work being done wasn't done yet, and we won't leave till after 1am. I asked a crew member, and he said the propeller was being worked on. So.. Just in case this info interests or helps anyone, there it is. I'm not thrilled, but at least I'm on the ship!

I'm sitting on the balcony of my lovely and comfortable state room... looking at the bridge from pier 93. We were supposed to leave around 3:30, and there was an announcement that we would be delayed till after 9. It's now 10:19, and about a half hour ago we were informed that work being done wasn't done yet, and we won't leave till after 1am. I asked a crew member, and he said the propeller was being worked on. So.. Just in case this info interests or helps anyone, there it is. I'm not thrilled, but at least I'm on the ship!

Bummer... well, at least your next destination isn't far away... :)

I'm on the Golden right now as well. 4:00am (Pacific) and we are still docked. :( This is our first Princess cruise, celebrating an anniversary. We've had a great time so far, but the delay puts a tiny damper on our enjoyment. At least we are supposed to be at sea today with our next port of call being Santa Barbara, so I know we don't have to sail far.

OP, Did you do your lifeboat drill at the Princess Theater? I found it ironic (and a bit unprofessional) that one of the crew members poked fun at Carnival and called their ships "rust buckets", yet here we are, still docked because of mechanical issues while the Carnival Imagination did sail out. :rolleyes:

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

That's not fun, hope you aren't late to your first port. Have a good cruise.

4:45, we are still docked. No announcements made. :/

Our muster was in the Vista lounge. How ironic that the crew would say that about the carnival ships!

We are supposed to be at sea today, Santa Barbara tomorrow, and Ensenada Wed. With the cruse being only three full days, sitting so long in port is a bummer.

4:45, we are still docked. No announcements made. :/

Our muster was in the Vista lounge. How ironic that the crew would say that about the carnival ships!

We are supposed to be at sea today, Santa Barbara tomorrow, and Ensenada Wed. With the cruse being only three full days, sitting so long in port is a bummer.

Have a great cruise...glad to see you got going, albeit a little late...

It reminds me...

Many years ago, NCL used to have a ship in LA, the old Norwegian Southward...

We went on it on one of our first cruises...had a great time and told my sister and brother-in-law all about it...

So they booked a cruise on her...

When they went, the ship was having some engine problems...

The ENTIRE cruise, they NEVER left LA Harbor!

Luckily, it did not ruin them on cruising...they've been on many since...

But neither of us has cruised with NCL since...

We're going together November 23 on the Golden Princess...

It had better make it out of San Pedro or they'll blame it on me...