Pacific Explorer details (ex Dawn Princess)

Interesting. The refurbs seem to be going with more casual, beachy dining room tones. I was wondering recently on the Aria how well the furnishings will wear... or whether they will get shabby quickly?

Interesting. The refurbs seem to be going with more casual, beachy dining room tones. I was wondering recently on the Aria how well the furnishings will wear... or whether they will get shabby quickly?

It looked like a similar look and feel of Celebrity ships.

It looked like a similar look and feel of Celebrity ships.

Yes and no. It's a bit more casual, whereas Celebrity just feels like a highend hotel/resort. I can't imagine the Pantry style on Celebrity (let alone the water park!).

Yes and no. It's a bit more casual, whereas Celebrity just feels like a highend hotel/resort. I can't imagine the Pantry style on Celebrity (let alone the water park!).

i was more thinking of decor very similar

Just booked the 22 June 2017 Pacific Explorer cruise, which I think is the first cruise of the newly renovated Princess ship under the P&O Banner. Although the cruise price is no big bargain ($1474 for an oceanview guarantee), the deposit was.....wait for it.........$1 each (yes, that's not a typo). It came with $400 OBC and considering it is the "maiden voyage" of the newly renovated Pacific Explorer, I thought it may be good to check out. The artists projections of the renovation looks good and we have been on the Dawn Princess a few times, so it will be interesting to compare.

I went to register on the Roll Call, but the ship is not listed on Cruise Critic yet. Does anybody know how to get it listed???

Just booked the 22 June 2017 Pacific Explorer cruise, which I think is the first cruise of the newly renovated Princess ship under the P&O Banner. Although the cruise price is no big bargain ($1474 for an oceanview guarantee), the deposit was.....wait for it.........$1 each (yes, that's not a typo). It came with $400 OBC and considering it is the "maiden voyage" of the newly renovated Pacific Explorer, I thought it may be good to check out. The artists projections of the renovation looks good and we have been on the Dawn Princess a few times, so it will be interesting to compare.

I went to register on the Roll Call, but the ship is not listed on Cruise Critic yet. Does anybody know how to get it listed???

I looked at that cruise straight after I saw the show on TV about it last night. Hmmm. Did you get the 400 OBC by booking direct. I tried one site and only came up $200 OBC

Edited by icat2000

Its a shame princess dont look to modernising there interior schemes. Even the new builds seem dated in this sense.

Princess should also look at the outdoor seating offerings

Seems many like the current Princess interiors.

I agree for $1 deposit , can't lose . Just booked a balcony and it came up with $700 OBC [emoji1]. Dawn Princess was my first cruise ship and am doing a farewell cruise on her later in the year. I did Pacific Eden's inaugural cruise last year from Freo and it was fine, so am looking forward to another one.

Further to my booking in the " middle of the night" .........realised that final payment was due in December this year ! So have now booked direct with P&O , where final payment isn't until April. OBC was $600 and initial deposit still $1 but 2nd deposit of $249 due in Dec, I have a future cruise deposit that I'll use for that. This way I have more time to decide and pay. Serves me right for booking when I should be sound asleep :)

Further to my booking in the " middle of the night" .........realised that final payment was due in December this year ! So have now booked direct with P&O , where final payment isn't until April. OBC was $600 and initial deposit still $1 but 2nd deposit of $249 due in Dec, I have a future cruise deposit that I'll use for that. This way I have more time to decide and pay. Serves me right for booking when I should be sound asleep :)

At least you have a good deal and have sorted it with a later final payment.:D

I tried to book on the P&O website, but it was too hard. It is so clunky and hard to navigate around, I gave up. It wouldn't even load the right cruise I was looking for.

It is probably me, but I find the P&O website the hardest site to find/do anything that I have ever dealt with.

I tried to book on the P&O website, but it was too hard. It is so clunky and hard to navigate around, I gave up. It wouldn't even load the right cruise I was looking for.

It is probably me, but I find the P&O website the hardest site to find/do anything that I have ever dealt with.

Every cruise line has some issues with their websites, makes you think that they want people to book through agents on purpose.:rolleyes:

You are right P&O isn't the easiest website to use to book a cruise. I need to still ring them tomorrow to sort out my balcony cabin, it only gave the me the lowest cat guarantee . The other one I booked I had a choice of cabins .....

You are right P&O isn't the easiest website to use to book a cruise. I need to still ring them tomorrow to sort out my balcony cabin, it only gave the me the lowest cat guarantee . The other one I booked I had a choice of cabins .....
Hope they can sort it out for you.

All sorted with original online TA - by using my future cruise deposit my final payment is now pushed out to next year and I have more OBC (than with P&O direct) and a guarantee BA balc (for less than lowest balc with P&O).

Happy girl ......nice when paying solo to feel like a win.

All sorted with original online TA - by using my future cruise deposit my final payment is now pushed out to next year and I have more OBC (than with P&O direct) and a guarantee BA balc (for less than lowest balc with P&O).

Happy girl ......nice when paying solo to feel like a win.

Nice. I'm still trying to find pricing out.

However, I'm also wanting to go to PNG and eyeing off the one in Jan with Princess.

Edited by icat2000