Chops on allure

We are going on allure of the seas dec 7 and have reservations at chops. After reading many reviews it seems there is a new menu where if you want the porterhouse or any bigger steak you now have to pay extra. I have tried so many times to talk to RC about this and they say there is no such thing. Please advise.

We are going on allure of the seas dec 7 and have reservations at chops. After reading many reviews it seems there is a new menu where if you want the porterhouse or any bigger steak you now have to pay extra. I have tried so many times to talk to RC about this and they say there is no such thing. Please advise.

Yes, you have to pay extra to get a USDA "Prime" cut of steak and now there arent many included steaks on the menu. I think a small and large filet and a small and large Strip are the only included steaks now.

How can they call themselves a premium steakhouse and not offer a ribeye?

Last time i went to chops, it was 25.00 and they had a wonderful bone in ribeye. It is no longer worth it to me to go there.

We were on the Allure a few weeks ago and went to Chops. My husband did get the porterhouse steak and he did pay extra. I believe that it was $19 extra, he said that it was worth the extra money

Depending from where you come, $35 + $19 = $44 for a steak might be worth it (a bargain, even). Not to me,though. And then one might calculate in that in the MDR you have already paid for dinner.....

Just my opinion....

I was not trying to be insulting , my point was that the steak was very good versus spending the extra money and it was bad. It would have been a bad decision if the steak was not worth eating. I agree that it is alot of money to spend when you have already spent alot of money

Not having a rib eye in a steak house just does not make any sense and to pay on top of what you have all ready spent in Chops to get a steak that should be on the menu in the first place also makes no sense. We went to Chops on several RCL Ships and have always enjoyed ourselves we are going on the Allure on 12/7 and this will be the first time we are skipping Chops. The new menu is just to limited in what they now offer.

Edited by dfishner

Just off the Allure in October and we ate in Chops twice, it was fantastic. You have the option to pay for two aged steaks if you wish. I was very happy with the new menu and the meal was so good the first time, we went back again.

My last two visits to Chops were on Freedom and Allure before the new menu change. Both times I was sorely disappointed and to make matters worse, not only has the price gone up but there's an additional premium for a good steak. We enjoy our cruises on Royal but I don't see us venturing back to Chops any time soon. Just my humble opinion.

My last two visits to Chops were on Freedom and Allure before the new menu change. Both times I was sorely disappointed and to make matters worse, not only has the price gone up but there's an additional premium for a good steak. We enjoy our cruises on Royal but I don't see us venturing back to Chops any time soon. Just my humble opinion.

Ditto. We visited Chops and the Italian restuarant every cruise up until the last one...now we only do Italian. I don't eat red meat and the only seafood alternative is a salmon that is not very good. Hubby was not pleased the last few times we went so we just don't bother anymore. Now if I could only remember the name of the Italian restaurant that we have been to at least a dozen times...:rolleyes:

Ditto. We visited Chops and the Italian restuarant every cruise up until the last one...now we only do Italian. I don't eat red meat and the only seafood alternative is a salmon that is not very good. Hubby was not pleased the last few times we went so we just don't bother anymore. Now if I could only remember the name of the Italian restaurant that we have been to at least a dozen times...:rolleyes:

Giovanni's Table

Where does it stop???? Now you pay extra for a USDA Prime Steak in a Prime Steak House on a ship that is going to have other Prime restaurants? Pre-Paid Tips, Prime Food Joints, Spas, etc. Where are all these people getting their money from? Oh yes, you can charge it now. LOL

Regarding the changes to Chops - I'm confused. I was just looking at making reservations today through the Cruise Planner on the website for our LOS trip on November 8. Chops is still showing a $30 cover charge AND the old menu with the porterhouse steak on it. Is this possible??

Depending from where you come, $35 + $19 = $44 for a steak might be worth it (a bargain, even). Not to me,though. And then one might calculate in that in the MDR you have already paid for dinner.....

Just my opinion....

If you re-do your math it gets even worse. Because $35 + $19 actually equals $54,.........just saying.

Regarding the changes to Chops - I'm confused. I was just looking at making reservations today through the Cruise Planner on the website for our LOS trip on November 8. Chops is still showing a $30 cover charge AND the old menu with the porterhouse steak on it. Is this possible??

Not all ships have switched over to the new menu yet. The old menu is still listed on the website even on the ships that have switched.

thanks to everyone for answering my original question regarding chops new meu. What is really sad is that when you actually contact ANY department on RC they have no idea what Im talking about and say that I should not listen to what cruise critic members say. It has been much appreciated all.

thanks to everyone for answering my original question regarding chops new meu. What is really sad is that when you actually contact ANY department on RC they have no idea what Im talking about and say that I should not listen to what cruise critic members say. It has been much appreciated all.

HA!! The RC Reps should be reading Cruise Critic...just might bring them up to speed.