Just off the Harmony Very Pleased, except for the coastal kitchen

Just got off the Harmony. Great trip

Was not impressed by the coastal kitchen Hope the Allure and Oasis are better

I wasn't too impressed by the desserts. Three nights in a row they chocolate bar style dessert that seemed essentially the same, just different names.

Apps and entrees I thought were good.

Sent from a mobile device

I wasn't too impressed by the desserts. Three nights in a row they chocolate bar style dessert that seemed essentially the same, just different names.

Apps and entrees I thought were good.

In the coastal kitchen. We had to knock on the door to get in. And the manager would try his best to ignore us. I understand those in a lowly JR Suite don't get full privileges. But they can't program the door to let us in from 5:30 to 9:00 pm?

The food was excellent the first night. After that it was so so, even brought the entrees cold one night .

Ate in the MDR on the last night. It was excellent

In the coastal kitchen. We had to knock on the door to get in. And the manager would try his best to ignore us. I understand those in a lowly JR Suite don't get full privileges. But they can't program the door to let us in from 5:30 to 9:00 pm?

The food was excellent the first night. After that it was so so, even brought the entrees cold one night .

Sorry to hear. Thinking of Royal IT, a time based locked would be Voodoo magic.

Now that you mentioned it one night some butter did do a better job melting on the plate vs the potato.

They should have never extended this option to those in Junior Suites.

Haven't been on Harmony since the TA but I would rate it as "excellent" then. We go on Allure every year and use CK almost exclusively. No complaints there either. Haven't been on Oasis in a while but will test it out in September. I can understand an "off" night now and then; hope the overall isn't slipping!

I'm thinking that you had to knock so that they have controlled access for JS guests to the lounge. If the key worked all the time any JS could access at any point in the day and get the same perks is GS and up guests. I'm not saying that you would, but there are some guests that would try to.

As for the cold food that is unfortunate. Perhaps you should've tried the main dining room sooner and had more success. There are times, some cruises that JS cruisers don't have access to the CK for different reasons. You were fortunate that you were able to dine there for the week. I know in Europe on Allure it wasn't an option for us in a JS.

Did they provide wine or drinks to you during dinner or was that a cost item for you. Curious to how they handle that.

I just got off Harmony (Jr. Suite - and CK access for dinners) It was very good! I enjoyed the quieter atmosphere - and the waiters were very accommodating. We met some very nice people there - - and am looking forward to the CK again next time!

note - first time for JS and first time for CK - - LOVED them both!!

I was also just on Harmony last week. We were in a Sky Loft suite and went to CK twice for dinner and once for lunch. Lunch was on embarkation day and it was very busy. The waiter apologized upfront that the service is going to be slow. No problem because we were not in a hurry. The first night that we ate there for dinner, which was the 3rd night of the cruise, was also very busy and very noisy. The maitre'd told us he'd never seen CK that busy. The 2nd night we ate there, which was the 6th night of the cruise, was a better experience. Not quite so crowded and noisy. The food was good but not memorable. The menu selection is smaller than in the MDR - only about 4 entree selections. One thing I'd like to also mention is that non-suite passengers are not allowed in CK as guests of suite passengers. We asked and they said no. Good policy because it's already crowded!

The Suite Lounge is very nice. Quiet most of the time. I ate at the continental buffet every morning. It was perfect for me for what I'm looking for for breakfast.

Just got off the Allure Sunday. We ate in the Coastal Kitchen for dinner several nights. They new in advance I am vegetarian and did some great dishes for me. My wife was also pleased. We ate there every morning for breakfast. No complaints.

We are fortunate enough to sail 8 times this year on an Oasis class ship in a suite. We always eat breakfast, lunch and dinner at the Coastal Kitchen.

I think it is great that those sailing in Junior Suites can make dinner reservations at the Coastal Kitchen. This may also result in additional tips for the wait staff.

We are fortunate enough to sail 8 times this year on an Oasis class ship in a suite. We always eat breakfast, lunch and dinner at the Coastal Kitchen.

I think it is great that those sailing in Junior Suites can make dinner reservations at the Coastal Kitchen. This may also result in additional tips for the wait staff.

It's also a good teaser for those in a JS to book a GS or above on a future cruise.

Just got off the Allure Sunday. We ate in the Coastal Kitchen for dinner several nights. They new in advance I am vegetarian and did some great dishes for me. My wife was also pleased. We ate there every morning for breakfast. No complaints.

Hope you didn't have any cheese vegetarian dishes. Royal don't carry any vegetarian cheeses. All are made with animal rennet, calves stomach, as confirmed by their HQ. Still they label the dishes as vegetarian.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hope you didn't have any cheese vegetarian dishes. Royal don't carry any vegetarian cheeses. All are made with animal rennet, calves stomach, as confirmed by their HQ. Still they label the dishes as vegetarian.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm vegetarian for health reasons and never eat any type of cheese when at home. Ate some but very small amounts of cheese on the cruise. Most choices were vegan.

Interesting to know and thanks for your post.