Live from AZ for the first time.

chromered7

First and foremost we are sailing with AZ for the first time because of the itinerary. We had read many glowing reports about the service and how friendly everyone is. Indeed many of our fellow cruisers we hugging each other as they realised they were sailing with friends from past AZ cruises. It felt as though we were gate crashing a private party. We eventually went to the meet and mingle, very useful, to get to know people we had spoken to about private trips etc. within a few hours we had a new group of friends. We formed a quiz team and got to know other cruisers from all over the world. The staff are very friendly and complete strangers talk to you in lifts, on tours and queuing for meals. With only 600 guests it's easy to see same people every day.

I was sceptical prior to the cruise as to the claims by other AZ cruisers that there is nothing like it. Well after 3 days in we are hooked. The new decor is excellent although the shower curtain should be consigned to the past. That aside we are having a wonderful cruise with our new friends on AZ.

I am so glad that you are experiencing and enjoying Azamara's unique ambience for yourself.

Enjoy the rest of the cruise with your new friends.

PS Somehow Azamara wouldn't be Azamara without that pesky shower curtain.

Thanks for letting us know how you are getting on.

It is so hard to describe the Azamara experience but really delighted its working so well for you. Have fun and enjoy.

PS Isnt it lovely being surrounded by positive people in the lifts, that is one thing no other cruise line has achieved for me, I always get the moaners.....

First and foremost we are sailing with AZ for the first time because of the itinerary. We had read many glowing reports about the service and how friendly everyone is. Indeed many of our fellow cruisers we hugging each other as they realised they were sailing with friends from past AZ cruises. It felt as though we were gate crashing a private party. We eventually went to the meet and mingle, very useful, to get to know people we had spoken to about private trips etc. within a few hours we had a new group of friends. We formed a quiz team and got to know other cruisers from all over the world. The staff are very friendly and complete strangers talk to you in lifts, on tours and queuing for meals. With only 600 guests it's easy to see same people every day.

I was sceptical prior to the cruise as to the claims by other AZ cruisers that there is nothing like it. Well after 3 days in we are hooked. The new decor is excellent although the shower curtain should be consigned to the past. That aside we are having a wonderful cruise with our new friends on AZ.

I'm so glad you're enjoying your first cruise with us! I look forward to your future posts, and future cruises!

Indeed, life is good onboard. Only thing that's missing is a band. So far I only saw a piano player and a guitarist.

Every Azamara cruise I've been on has had a band that plays in the Cabaret, at jazz brunch, and for dancing in The Living Room.

That's what I remembered. But no band to be seen. The Living Room only has the guitarist and the DJ. Maybe the band will join us after passing the Gulf of Eden. But somehow it is strange.

Have a wonderful cruise Chromered7 !

Edited by Host Andy

That's what I remembered. But no band to be seen. The Living Room only has the guitarist and the DJ. Maybe the band will join us after passing the Gulf of Eden. But somehow it is strange.

Have you looked in the Cabaret during the evening show?

I'm sure you will have a band on your cruise. They will normally accompany any entertainers and shows. And, of course, will play at the Jazz Brunch, if you have one, on a sea day. And, sometimes, they perform at extra concerts such as tributes to Glenn Miller. The Azamara bands are exceptional and all are very talented musicians.

Tonight the band magically emerged. Must have been the magician onboard doing his tricks. [emoji2]

So, one thing less to worry about.

LOL, they must have heard you! Bandmaster Dana (trombone) and the gang are really good. Try and get to the jazz brunch if you can.

Phil

Just an update on our cruise experience on Quest so far. Muscat is a fantastic place and the Omani people were so nice. We went on the Mystical Muscat ship tour and it was a real eye opener in the positive sense. The Omani are the most moderate of all the Arab countries and I would recommend this excursion for future cruisers.

The quality of food on Quest has been superb. We had an excellent Chefs Table experience which was the French one. The food in MDR has been very good so to The Patio. The Tapas was only slightly disappointing in that there were too few dishes. The service we have received has been the best we have ever had on a Cruise Ship. The staff from top to bottom can not do enough for you. We still have Prime C to come. More reports to come.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Just an update on our cruise experience on Quest so far. Muscat is a fantastic place and the Omani people were so nice. We went on the Mystical Muscat ship tour and it was a real eye opener in the positive sense. The Omani are the most moderate of all the Arab countries and I would recommend this excursion for future cruisers.

The quality of food on Quest has been superb. We had an excellent Chefs Table experience which was the French one. The food in MDR has been very good so to The Patio. The Tapas was only slightly disappointing in that there were too few dishes. The service we have received has been the best we have ever had on a Cruise Ship. The staff from top to bottom can not do enough for you. We still have Prime C to come. More reports to come.

I have booked that excursion for our October cruise last month so thanks for reporting in - now I am really excited about it. Glad you are still really enjoying it all!

In terms of the Tapas perhaps it's me. I have toured around Spain and experienced the real tapas. Don't get me wrong even the Tapas on the ship is very tasty and perhaps in my mind they would have been a bit more substantial. The food throughout the ship is varied and very good quality and I cannot find fault so with anything so far. We have already made enquiries about a future cruise with AZ.

In terms of the Tapas perhaps it's me. I have toured around Spain and experienced the real tapas. Don't get me wrong even the Tapas on the ship is very tasty and perhaps in my mind they would have been a bit more substantial. The food throughout the ship is varied and very good quality and I cannot find fault so with anything so far. We have already made enquiries about a future cruise with AZ.

sounds the same. i went almost nightly - enjoyed many of them. They will never be like Spain anymore thank the buffets are like the real country. but still I enjoy many of them.

___The food throughout the ship is varied and very good quality and I cannot find fault so with anything so far. We have already made enquiries about a future cruise with AZ.

Sounds good!

Just when you think this fantastic cruise cannot get better we then went to Prime C. The quality of the food and the service was outstanding. It is hard to believe the cover charge is $25 per person . We had so much fun with staff who made it a night to remember. We have cruised with various cruise lines but AZ surpasses them all. We talk to new people almost every day and the staff remember your name very quickly . Too good to be true don't you believe it.

Just when you think this fantastic cruise cannot get better we then went to Prime C. The quality of the food and the service was outstanding. It is hard to believe the cover charge is $25 per person . We had so much fun with staff who made it a night to remember. We have cruised with various cruise lines but AZ surpasses them all. We talk to new people almost every day and the staff remember your name very quickly . Too good to be true don't you believe it.

So glad you're now a converted Azamara fan. Welcome to the clan!

Chromered7,

Thanks for the trip reports. Keep them coming. We're scheduled for our first Azamara cruise later this year and everything we read on these boards has us really excited. Especially like reading about the impressions of first time Azamara cruisers. Suspect we'll have a hard time going back to X after experiencing AZ :)

It is very hard to compete with the level of 1to1 service on AZ. We cruised with X last year and the reduction in staff was evident to the point that many of the activities were not there. Don't get me wrong X were very good but in our experience last year things had changed for the worse. Contrast that with AZ Quest and it is light years better in our opinion. We dined on the Patio again tonight and it was fantastic. I was sceptical prior to sailing that this cruise line, AZ, could be so good but they are. The number of repeat customers is testament to how good they are.