Pre cruise Hotel in Miami or Fort Lauderdale

CRUISEMAMMA

We will be taking out first spring cruise usually we like to cruise in June and July. How soon do we need to book hotel pre cruise with it being spring break season?? Also any recommendations for mid range hotel "3 or 4 stars" as reviews state[emoji41]. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Book now. Just book a hotel that doesn't require you to pay until you check out.

Avoid the Roadway Inn in Ft. Lauderdale. Had a day room there a couple days ago; it's a total dump.

I usually book a Hilton because that's where I like to bank my hotel stay points.

Everyone has their own favorite and for us it is the Embassy suites on 17th.

A quick $20 (tip included) cab ride from airport

and

Bypassing their shuttle

A quick $15 (tip included) ride to port.

Free evening drinks for a couple hours in lounge (managers reception)

Free breakfast buffet as well as made to order items.

Beautiful pool

Close walking distance to stores and restaurants

Now mind you over the last couple years most of the suites have been renovated, the hotel is on the older side, but well maintained

For the price we stay there.

Get our loyalty points

Enjoy, we do.

We just stayed at the Renaissance Ft Lauderdale Cruise Port. Very close to the air- and cruise-ports. Completely functional, if not luxurious. Had family of four in a room with 2 queen beds, and no problems. But it was only one night and we didn't really unpack because we were leaving the next morning. Limited food options on foot from the hotel. We found a seafood place for dinner in the yacht mall next to the property, and it was fine. I think there was an italian place in the same mall. So, not a problem, but there weren't a bunch of options to choose from.

I think they had a port shuttle service available, but we called an Uber and it was like $8.

Start right now making reservations that are fully cancelable with no deposit required. Keep shopping around and watch for price drops.

Hard for us to give specific recommendations without knowing which airport you are flying into and which port sailing out of. Or will you stay in a specific area irregardless?

(If looking for FLL/Port Everglades areas, know that the Embassy Suites on SE 17 St that so many on these boards wet their pants over is a quite older property and runs over $300/night during peak season. If you don't mind spending that much you would be much better suited upgrading to one of the upscale hotels on Ft Lauderdale beach: Hilton, Westin, W hotel)

We will be taking out first spring cruise usually we like to cruise in June and July. How soon do we need to book hotel pre cruise with it being spring break season?? Also any recommendations for mid range hotel "3 or 4 stars" as reviews state[emoji41]. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

now... we always book early... in Miami... we book the Hilton at the airport, in Ft Lauderdale usually the Embassy Suites on 17th, actually it is either E or W 17th... don't recall which but a google will bring it up.

Yes please post on the Florida Departures Board.

I post there often.

I would book now and we do book a refundable room. Then I watch the rates and if they go up we are protected and if they go down we followup for the lower price.

When you post please confirm how many days you will be there and what port you are leaving from and what airport you plan to use if flying.

All of this will help you to get solid feedback.

Keith