Web Site Issues

Does RCCL care so little about their loyal customers that they don't care how hard it is to search for a cruise? I am trying to look for a cruise for next Spring (April) and keep getting kicked out (in multiple browsers). I am so frustrated.

Chrome incognito mode is the only thing that works every time for me.

But it shouldn't be that way!

100% agree

There are plenty of people on here who are so casual about it "Oh just use private mode" etc.

Why? ... You don't have to do that for any other website!

Their website is utter crap

100% agree

There are plenty of people on here who are so casual about it "Oh just use private mode" etc.

Why? ... You don't have to do that for any other website!

Their website is utter crap

But it is a solution, isn't that why people come here. If you have issues with web site, you should probably tell Royal. [emoji6]

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

But it is a solution, isn't that why people come here. If you have issues with web site, you should probably tell Royal. [emoji6]

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I have done, as have many others to their Facebook Page

They reply "Our IT Team says our website is working as expected" ... Very reassuring :D

Oh, and a good one I've got ...

My Address in the profile section of 'my cruises' keeps updating itself to somewhere in Golfers Way, Florida??

I change it back to what my actual UK Address is, and 24 hours later it will change itself back to Florida (somewhere I've never been by the way!).

I logged a ticket with them. They said they have had to send it higher up the food chain and cannot see why it is happening. The ticket was logged in March 2017. I chased it at the end of April saying it had been a month. They said "These things take longer than you'd expect"... it's now the end of June and we still have no progress :D

Have been searching for a cruise for about 3 weeks and kept getting "HTTP 400 Bad Request." Last evening I called C&A and a young man assisted me in clearing my computer so I can now access RCCL site. Those of you (Bob, John, and others) who are computer/phone savvy will understand. I don't so just followed his directions. The first thing he tried did not work but 2nd did. He said I search their site to often!!!!!!

Call C&A. Does anyone have a direct number to their IT team? I tried to get him to give me one or connect me but no dice. He said (as usual) they are aware and working on it. And I am going to hit the Florida Lottery next week. Right.

... He said I search their site to often!!!!!!

This is why I suspect that a great many issues we see with Royal's website is due to defensive programming on their part, trying to deny the automated price checking programs.

Have been searching for a cruise for about 3 weeks and kept getting "HTTP 400 Bad Request." Last evening I called C&A and a young man assisted me in clearing my computer so I can now access RCCL site. Those of you (Bob, John, and others) who are computer/phone savvy will understand. I don't so just followed his directions. The first thing he tried did not work but 2nd did. He said I search their site to often!!!!!!

Call C&A. Does anyone have a direct number to their IT team? I tried to get him to give me one or connect me but no dice. He said (as usual) they are aware and working on it. And I am going to hit the Florida Lottery next week. Right.

I would be beyond shocked if they ever gave out an internal IT phone number to an external customer. As an IT person, I get it. Sure maybe a 2 or even 3 tier support desk, if they have such a thing, but to an actual IT team member who isn't in support, doubtful.

I have two Celebrity cruises booked and if it's possible, their new website is even worse. My calendar no longer shows any dining, drink packages or any excursions I have booked. I have to clear cache and use the old website link to see them, but who knows how long that link will be up as a work around.

I can't access either without incognito, I tried to tell RCCL many times when I called, they didn't respond other than to say it's working fine for them. It's frustrating to try to book a cruise without accessing the site. Interesting someone said it's to prevent price checking, but what does that mean?

I cleared my cache and it didn't work. I use Chrome so I tried incognito and now it tells me my cruise is being modified. I think it thinks I'm still logged in via regular Chrome. I restarted my surface and waited and tried again and it still says it's being modified. There is no way the IT team thinks this is working normally. I've never had any issues with their website until the last couple of months. I hope to be able to do my check in next month as well as make other reservations. :mad:

Apparently, it prefers IE right now because I'm able to get in using it. I hate IE, but if I have to, I have to.

CONTACT US

United States & Canada

Ready to book your perfect cruise?

• Call our Royal Vacation Planners today (24 hours / 7 days a week)866-562-7625

Already booked?

• For questions or help with your upcoming cruise (24 hours / 7 days a week)866-562-7625
  • For questions about Air2Sea arrangements (24 hours / 7 days a week)844-278-9745
  • For Day of Sailing needs (24 hours / 7 days a week)800-256-6649 or 305-539-4107 (Int'l)

Pre-Cruise Planning and Website Assistance?

• Contact our Technical Support Team (Mon-Fri 7am-12am EST / Sat-Sun 9am-10pm EST) 800-398-9819

I cleared my cache and it didn't work. I use Chrome so I tried incognito and now it tells me my cruise is being modified. I think it thinks I'm still logged in via regular Chrome. I restarted my surface and waited and tried again and it still says it's being modified. There is no way the IT team thinks this is working normally. I've never had any issues with their website until the last couple of months. I hope to be able to do my check in next month as well as make other reservations. :mad:

Apparently, it prefers IE right now because I'm able to get in using it. I hate IE, but if I have to, I have to.

This actually sounds like you're having connectivity issues and it's likely not the RCL website.

You apparently got into your reservation since it was tagged as being modified and then for whatever reason (a disconnection perhaps?) you tried using incognito mode. The site doesn't know you don't have the old session open anymore, and it will keep that session open and your reservation locked until the session times out. It may have timed out by the time you tried IE. If that's the case, then yes it would be working normally and very typical for an ecommerce website.

This actually sounds like you're having connectivity issues and it's likely not the RCL website.

You apparently got into your reservation since it was tagged as being modified and then for whatever reason (a disconnection perhaps?) you tried using incognito mode. The site doesn't know you don't have the old session open anymore, and it will keep that session open and your reservation locked until the session times out. It may have timed out by the time you tried IE. If that's the case, then yes it would be working normally and very typical for an ecommerce website.

My connectivity from home using FIOs has been perfectly fine, but I've had issues with only RCI's site for a few weeks. I've had no issues with any other websites that I'm logged into unless the website itself is having issues.. Chrome will let me get as far as logging in all the time, but rarely past that. When it does, I get a variety of messages (error, etc) everytime I try to link to something. This is not just today and its been going on for several weeks. Incognito works now as does IE. Others have reported a variety of problems and error messages using different browsers. I've been using RCI's website for almost 12 years and the last month or two has been ridiculous. I've never seen the issues they've had recently. They need to get out of this denial mode and figure out the problem.

I would be beyond shocked if they ever gave out an internal IT phone number to an external customer. As an IT person, I get it. Sure maybe a 2 or even 3 tier support desk, if they have such a thing, but to an actual IT team member who isn't in support, doubtful.

I have two Celebrity cruises booked and if it's possible, their new website is even worse. My calendar no longer shows any dining, drink packages or any excursions I have booked. I have to clear cache and use the old website link to see them, but who knows how long that link will be up as a work around.

Actually...there is no internal number for IT even for their internal CSR's...they can only contact them by writing up a "ticket" and electronically send it to who ever and where ever they are :eek:

I spoke with a CSR yesterday. And he informed me the website works BEST with IE. That they design it for IE, which is utterly ridiculous!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I spoke with a CSR yesterday. And he informed me the website works BEST with IE. That they design it for IE, which is utterly ridiculous!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Their whole website is utterly ridiculous. Pretty sad for such a large company.