labadee haiti

Hello!

We are booked on Oasis of the Seas for the October 1st sailing. We are new to Royal as we have only sailed on Disney in the past. Could you please let me know what's included on the Labadee, Haiti private island?

Also, any other information that we need to know for first time Royal cruisers?

Hello!

We are booked on Oasis of the Seas for the October 1st sailing. We are new to Royal as we have only sailed on Disney in the past. Could you please let me know what's included on the Labadee, Haiti private island?

Drink package if you get one is also is valid on Labadee

Welcome to CC.

As far as Labadee, it's a beach day. There is a local craft market. Locals can be very pushy! You can just avoid, or say no!

Beach, chairs, etc. are free. Some activities, like zip line, have a fee. There is a lunch served. Drink packages work.

Depending on your stateroom, you may have extras, such as a private beach for suite guests only.

There is a free tram that will transport you around should you not wish to walk.

As far as RC questions, would try to be more specific as to what you would like to know, and ask in separate thread (s). You will get a better response.

Labadee isn't actually an "island"...it's a peninsula on the N. shore of Haiti. It is fenced and you can't leave and go into Haiti proper. It's been "built up" in recent years....used to be pretty basic. It's a nice way to spend a day, though!

I would recommend taking water shoes. We found the beaches/ocean to be quite rocky.

As mentioned, it is a beach day and the free BBQ lunch is included. It is prepared on the ship and brought by staff to shore.

Also, strongly recommend taking water shoes!

Nice beach day but much more enjoyable with water shoes. ;)

Labadee is one of my favorite ports of call as it is a relaxing beach day. There are several different beach areas and places to walk around. Any drink packages you have on the ship will work off the ship at this port. They have bars all over and they serve buffet lunch which is free in several areas also. Do bring water shoes as most beach areas are rocky. There are some excursions you can get. The only one I have ever done is the Dragons Breath Flight Line. Which if you have any interest in this at all I highly recommend it at least once. If you want a prime beach spot, be sure to get off early in case you prefer shaded area's or close to the water. Later in the day it is hard to find a spot as large as the port is. If you are a drinker, you must try the Labadoozie. Something to know, when the ship arrives to the island, they have to bring all the food and drinks off the ship and set them up. Toward the end of the day you will find that the most popular items are gone and they cannot restock them. Have a great trip.

Hello!

Come and join our roll call! :cool:

Avoid the back trail that connects the two beaches the vendors are insanely pushy. The actually building with a marketplace inside is fine.

This!!!! We made that mistake. My husband was around 10 minutes behind us (don't remember why) so my teen daughters and I made the mistake of going back that trail to kill some time waiting. I realized pretty quickly I wan't interested. They were literally trying to shove merchandise in our hands. I told them I didn't have any money on me (which was true; my husband had it) and LOUDLY said it was time to go thinking my girls were following me. I got to the bottom of the trail and noticed nope not behind me. I go back up and they are there with two "vendors" in their faces demanding money. I said we are leaving now and and they are flipping out saying the girls owed them $20 for two bracelets they tied tightly to their wrists and a shot glass. By this point my husband arrives and says cut the bracelets off. The vendors are threatening to call the authorities if we don't pay. The girls were really embarrassed and upset at this point so I took them and left my husband to deal with situation. He came back after negotiating a lower price of exactly what they asked for which was 20 bucks:'). He wanted to just tell them to shove it where the sun don't shine but the girls were really upset and get this it was Christmas day!. Best part of the story we notice the shot glass has Broke written on it. Her name is Brooke LMAO. My husband is so mad he grabs the shot glass returns to the vendors and says they forgot an O and they "fix it". It now says "Brokeo". We kept it because you just have to laugh. But DO NOT NOT NOT go up that hill. Later in the day the same guys yelled insults at as we passed by. Why RCI lets this happen I have no idea. The actual marketplace was fine and the beach was beautiful.

Edited by ladybugpug

This!!!! We made that mistake. My husband was around 10 minutes behind us (don't remember why) so my teen daughters and I made the mistake of going back that trail to kill some time waiting. I realized pretty quickly I wan't interested. They were literally trying to shove merchandise in our hands. I told them I didn't have any money on me (which was true; my husband had it) and LOUDLY said it was time to go thinking my girls were following me. I got to the bottom of the trail and noticed nope not behind me. I go back up and they are there with two "vendors" in their faces demanding money. I said we are leaving now and and they are flipping out saying the girls owed them $20 for two bracelets they tied tightly to their wrists and a shot glass. By this point my husband arrives and says cut the bracelets off. The vendors are threatening to call the authorities if we don't pay. The girls were really embarrassed and upset at this point so I took them and left my husband to deal with situation. He came back after negotiating a lower price of exactly what they asked for which was 20 bucks:'). He wanted to just tell them to shove it where the sun don't shine but the girls were really upset and get this it was Christmas day!. Best part of the story we notice the shot glass has Broke written on it. Her name is Brooke LMAO. My husband is so mad he grabs the shot glass returns to the vendors and says they forgot an O and they "fix it". It now says "Brokeo". We kept it because you just have to laugh. But DO NOT NOT NOT go up that hill. Later in the day the same guys yelled insults at as we passed by. Why RCI lets this happen I have no idea. The actual marketplace was fine and the beach was beautiful.

With all the complaints people have about this area, it is disappointing that the cruise line continues to allow it.