Carnival announces upgrades for Imagination

jimbo5544

During a 3 week drydock (Sept. 4 - 25) Carnival will be adding 2.0 venues to Imagination including: Guys Burger Joint, Blue Iguana Cantina, Red Frog Rum Bar, Alchemy Bar, Blue Iguana Tequila Bar, and Cherry on Top.

Sure seems like a commitment to the Fantasy class is continuing.

During a 3 week drydock (Sept. 4 - 25) Carnival will be adding 2.0 venues to Imagination including: Guys Burger Joint, Blue Iguana Cantina, Red Frog Rum Bar, Alchemy Bar, Blue Iguana Tequila Bar, and Cherry on Top.

Cheaper than a new build.

This make absolutely no sense to me!! This ship is smaller than the Miracle and only sails short cruises, yet the Miracle's 2.0 upgrades are lacking guy's burgers and the Blue Iguana Cantina:rolleyes::rolleyes: What's up with that?:mad::mad::mad:

This make absolutely no sense to me!! This ship is smaller than the Miracle and only sails short cruises, yet the Miracle's 2.0 upgrades are lacking guy's burgers and the Blue Iguana Cantina:rolleyes::rolleyes: What's up with that?:mad::mad::mad:

There were other issues when they did the Miracle upgrade. Rumor was that she was destined for other places, since tabled. My guess is you will see a ship with all these things before to long.

Yeah..I love they are not tossing the Fantasy class....and redoing cabins as they go. These can be very special solo travel ships..and really because not the "coolest and latest" you get some great salt of the earth people that do it all...they go fancier too..they just like the size and service level. what used to be large is now small...and special to me for what you pay as a solo if you shop well. Thanks Jimbo..this is so cool.

Yeah..I love they are not tossing the Fantasy class....and redoing cabins as they go. These can be very special solo travel ships..and really because not the "coolest and latest" you get some great salt of the earth people that do it all...they go fancier too..they just like the size and service level. what used to be large is now small...and special to me for what you pay as a solo if you shop well. Thanks Jimbo..this is so cool.

My pleasure, we really enjoy the Fantasy class as well. The size and especially the fantail and those little decks in the aft. The all have a certain "flavor" of what Carnival is all about.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were hoping these changes would be coming before we sailed! Thanks for the update. :)

Don't worry about missing the changes. We were on the Imagination last week and even without all the food "bells and whistles", we had a great time and plenty of tasty things to eat.

BTW, for a sample of some of the upcoming food, go to the Taste Bar between 5:30 pm and 8:30 pm. You can try things from the Blue Iguana and the Red Frog.

Probably because the shorter cruises tend to be more profitable for Carnival. I wish the California ships could get balconies retrofitted [emoji4]

Thanks for sharing Jimbo; it sure seems like the Fantasy class will be around for awhile. They are wonderfully designed and were built to last!

Thanks for sharing Jimbo; it sure seems like the Fantasy class will be around for awhile. They are wonderfully designed and were built to last!

They sure got their money's worth out of them. When they did all those ships one right after another, the cruising world was wondering they had lost their collective minds. I guess we know the answer now....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

So excited, sailing on the Sensation in March and have heard rumors that it is scheduled for dry dock in February. Hope it too receives the same upgrades. I too would LOVE if they could add in a dive in movie screen, that's one of my favorites from the larger ships