another labadee cabana ?

lbendick

I might consider that rate if the ship stayed over night and their was an enhanced dinner too! Maybe a skinny dipping excursion :eek:

That would all depend on who's doing the skinny dipping. With some, I might pay extra not to have that.

Ok, I emailed the concierge. He replied and indicated he would take care of my request and book the Barefoot beach cabana... We will see if the $$ is the same,,, either way I will be happy. We were on FOS last Thanksgiving and the cabana was one of the trip highlights! Yes $500 is very high, but hell, I have spent more on worst things!!! :D:D

Ok, I emailed the concierge. He replied and indicated he would take care of my request and book the Barefoot beach cabana... We will see if the $$ is the same,,, either way I will be happy. We were on FOS last Thanksgiving and the cabana was one of the trip highlights! Yes $500 is very high, but hell, I have spent more on worst things!!! :D:D

Not picking on you in particular, but here is why the prices will stay where they are or go higher. There are many who will pay even as the prices go further through the roof!

As I mentioned in another thread, we booked over the water cabana at Nelllie's a few years back for $250. We had 5 of us, the upgraded buffet, mats, snorkel gear, etc. Yes it was nice but even at that price not a thing I would do all the time. At $495, no way.

Edited by akcruz

Not picking on you in particular, but here is why the prices will stay where they are or go higher. There are many who will pay even as the prices go further through the roof!

As I mentioned in another thread, we booked over the water cabana at Nelllie's a few years back for $250. We had 5 of us, the upgraded buffet, mats, snorkel gear, etc. Yes it was nice but even at that price not a thing I would do all the time. At $495, no way.

$500 spread across 6 participants is $85 pp more or less. Mid priced excursions which last 3 hours cost $60 - $70. That makes the cabana a fair price in my book. As always YMMV

$500 spread across 6 participants is $85 pp more or less. Mid priced excursions which last 3 hours cost $60 - $70. That makes the cabana a fair price in my book. As always YMMV

In my mind the difference is you usually get to do or see something on an excursion.

The cabana, at least what it appears with all the new restrictions, is basically a comfortable place to sit in the shade. Take a chair and sit under a tree and you will get almost the same thing. Yes, it is not as private, and yes it is not as comfortable but to me not worth the $500, or $85 a person (or as in our case it would have been $100 pp since we had 5 people). Obviously it is to others and the prices will keep going up until they start sitting empty.

Sailing in a Grand Suite this Nov--do not want a cabana--what other options and what is the cost for other choices on Barefoot Beach?

They still have these with loungers under them. There was no charge when I got one a couple of years ago but now I don't know. Someone else maybe will chime in.

labadee%20haiti%20sun%20shade.jpg.opt720x480o0,0s720x480.jpg

They still have these with loungers under them. There was no charge when I got one a couple of years ago but now I don't know. Someone else maybe will chime in.

labadee%20haiti%20sun%20shade.jpg.opt720x480o0,0s720x480.jpg

Can't see the picture, but if that's a blue clamshell, they are $49. And that might be pp.

Sailing in a Grand Suite this Nov--do not want a cabana--what other options and what is the cost for other choices on Barefoot Beach?

Can't see the picture, but if that's a blue clamshell, they are $49. And that might be pp.

How about now:

labadee%20haiti%20sun%20shade.jpg.opt720x480o00s720x480_zpsqwcceqyp.jpg

In my mind the difference is you usually get to do or see something on an excursion.

The cabana, at least what it appears with all the new restrictions, is basically a comfortable place to sit in the shade. Take a chair and sit under a tree and you will get almost the same thing. Yes, it is not as private, and yes it is not as comfortable but to me not worth the $500, or $85 a person (or as in our case it would have been $100 pp since we had 5 people). Obviously it is to others and the prices will keep going up until they start sitting empty.

Never really been to Nellies. We have done BB 3 times and Coco Cay once. Usually just the two of us, so we've been paying between $85 and $100 pp all along. So if I want to go to Nellies I'll arrange a group. Easy peasy

So I grabbed a Nellie's cabana for our February cruise -- even though it's still showing (onboard only) in my cruise planner. Yes, the price has gone up, but it was such a highlight from a past cruise we decided to splurge.

That said... can I assume this is a valid confirmation? I was planning on boarding the ship early to try and grab a cabana, but if I don't have to rush that morning I'd prefer to board once the family is ready to leave the beach at the Marriott.

Anyone have experience with booking a cabana online that said onboard only -- was the reservation still honored? I'd assume it would but thought I'd ask!

Purchased a cabana yesterday with a agent. No problem. He said only two were left. over the water on nellies beach We are thrilled. The cabana was expensive on previous cruises never a problem to book on line only barefoot beach was for suites only

Edited by Cruise a holic

If you processed the payment and they debited your credit card, it's not a "reservation" anymore -- you've purchased it.

Going to be hard for them not to honor a purchase that you have a receipt for.

They processed my payment as I have my Amex Receipt. It is also listed on my day planner. Labadee has many cabana's, the other RC Island- forgot the name has fewer. Last time we sailed on the Quantum in a suite and went to the other Island- many cabana's were empty- so not every suite guest wants a cabana- guess that is true for labadee. They must release cabana's to non-suite guests as the sail date gets closer albiet expensive.

Edited by Cruise a holic

So I grabbed a Nellie's cabana for our February cruise -- even though it's still showing (onboard only) in my cruise planner. Yes, the price has gone up, but it was such a highlight from a past cruise we decided to splurge.

That said... can I assume this is a valid confirmation? I was planning on boarding the ship early to try and grab a cabana, but if I don't have to rush that morning I'd prefer to board once the family is ready to leave the beach at the Marriott.

Anyone have experience with booking a cabana online that said onboard only -- was the reservation still honored? I'd assume it would but thought I'd ask!

We booked a Nellie's Beach cabana online a few weeks ago for our Labadee stop on Oasis last Monday. The website said onboard only, but we were able to book it and our credit card was charged. We freaked out a little bit since the night before the Labadee stop they didn't put anything in the room indicating we had booked the cabana, but we stopped by Shore Excursions and they confirmed we did indeed have it reserved. Showed up the next day at the cabanas and we were on the list and had a great day. Here's the view from Nellie's Beach cabana #1:

Lab_Cabana.jpg

We did get the only slightly gouging price of $250 since the super gouging prices don't go into effect until Jan 1. For this trip it was well worth it since we used it as a base for 6 adults, 2 teens and 2 kids, and we didn't get any grief for the number of people using it.

They do still provide water, but definitely no barefoot beach buffet.

• 6 months later...

We have booked an owner suite on Oasis for Feb 2017. We will be traveling with two other couples who are not in a suite. If we reserved a Cabana on the suites only beach would we be able to invite the other two couples to join us at the Cabana.

Thanks for any help.

We have booked an owner suite on Oasis for Feb 2017. We will be traveling with two other couples who are not in a suite. If we reserved a Cabana on the suites only beach would we be able to invite the other two couples to join us at the Cabana.

Thanks for any help.

Yes you are permitted to have a total of 6 guests, (including yourself), they will either give you the wristbands a day a head, or you will check in with them, or when you check in just leave their names and they will get in.....no problem.

Safe journey