another labadee cabana ?

lbendick

On my cruise planner under excursions it says Nellies beach over water cabana is $495 but says ONBOARD ONLY but when I try to purchase it it seems to allow, is this the normal?

There's no "normal" for Royal's website. If you can book it using the Cruise Planner, I would do it.

The dw booked one last week for our upcoming January cruise on FOS, although it says onboard only. We do have a GS for the first time, not sure if that matters, or they open them to everyone. In the past I thought they were all held for suite guests... Anyone have info on this? Thanks! :D:D

The dw booked one last week for our upcoming January cruise on FOS, although it says onboard only. We do have a GS for the first time, not sure if that matters, or they open them to everyone. In the past I thought they were all held for suite guests... Anyone have info on this? Thanks! :D:D

If you have a GS, then contact the concierge to reserve a Barefoot Beach cabana.

Nellie's Beach cabana's can usually be booked by anyone on line when available...The cabana's at Barefoot Beach can only be booked through the concierge for guest staying in a GS category or above. However a few years ago when we sailed as C&A D members staying in a JS we were able to be put on a wait list and luckily ended up with a Barefoot Beach cabana...But WOW have those cabana prices gone up :eek:

Bob already posted this, but the concierge ( Rahul ) will send you an Email the week prior to your cruise asking if you want one on Barefoot Beach, seeing you are in a GS. The price should be less too. We heard they were only raising the price at Nellies. You could keep the one you already have, then cancel once you get the Email just to be safe.

whats the difference between nellies and barefeet locations

The beach area at Barefoot is for suite guests and Pinnacle level C&A. It also includes an upgraded lunch buffet. The cabanas are the same types at Barefoot and Nellies.

Our OTW Cabana at Barefoot was $250 on our October 10th Oasis in an L1. I don't know what they'll be after Nellie's goes up next year. Back in January, we managed the same cabana staying in a JS on Independence by emailing the concierge early. He put us on a wait list. If you want one, I recommend emailing the concierge before he/she emails you. We've had cruises where we never heard from the concierge before embarkation.

Edited by Big_G

I saw the $495 price on RCI and thought it was a mistake. Last week I just booked 2 over the water cabanas at Nellie's for $255 each on the cruise planner for a cruise in February. This is with Celebrity though. Would think the prices should be the same :confused:

I called RCI last week to verify the cabana prices. As noted elsewhere, the Nellie's Beach cabanas are generally (now) available for reservation online by non-suite guests but the Barefoot cabanas are only available to suites guests - presumably unless some go unreserved and then perhaps would be available to non-suites guests....which rarely happens.

I was told that both the Nellie's Beach and Barefoot Beach cabana prices have been raised - actually Nellie's Beach cabana prices have gone up twice in the past several weeks...but surprisingly, the CS person at RCI was not able to give me a price for the Barefoot Beach cabana - only the ones at Nellie's Beach. That surprised me. He said that generally means that either the prices for the [bFB] cabanas are going to fluctuate or they just haven't decided on a final price yet.

BTW, the prices for the beach beds have gone up too. They are now $195.

• Haha 1

I saw the $495 price on RCI and thought it was a mistake. Last week I just booked 2 over the water cabanas at Nellie's for $255 each on the cruise planner for a cruise in February. This is with Celebrity though. Would think the prices should be the same :confused:

Why would you think that? Celebrity is a different operation. It could be that their smaller ships don't provide the same demand. Also they have a different demographic

Our OTW Cabana at Barefoot was $250 on our October 10th Oasis in an L1. I don't know what they'll be after Nellie's goes up next year. Back in January, we managed the same cabana staying in a JS on Independence by emailing the concierge early. He put us on a wait list. If you want one, I recommend emailing the concierge before he/she emails you. We've had cruises where we never heard from the concierge before embarkation.

May I ask how far in advance you requested one from concierge? We are in a full suite and when I inquired they said to email them one week prior to the cruise. To me that seems like to close to sailing date.

Thank you

May I ask how far in advance you requested one from concierge? We are in a full suite and when I inquired they said to email them one week prior to the cruise. To me that seems like to close to sailing date.

Thank you

We emailed at least a month in advance but they don't respond until 7 - 14 days out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There's no "normal" for Royal's website. If you can book it using the Cruise Planner, I would do it.

There is no normal especially with the cabana reservations! Heck it changed at least twice in the year I was waiting to get on Freedom.

Sailing in a Grand Suite this Nov--do not want a cabana--what other options and what is the cost for other choices on Barefoot Beach?

I believe the beach and buffet are no extra charge for you. Perhaps a tip for a lounger?

We had an over the water cabana on Nellies in August and it was fantastic. I thought it was a ridiculous price then at $350 but sucked it up so we could have some guaranteed shade and relaxation. The drink service (you still have to pay unless you have a pakcage) was nice...but I wouldn't say it was outstanding.

HOWEVER, there is NO WAY I would pay the prices they are asking for now. Even if it was in my budget...just out of principle I wouldn't do it! I totally get the supply and demand concept but really I think this insane. Unfortuately, there will always be people will to spend the money even if it is overpriced. That's just how it goes.