Roatan - Belize City - Cozumel

GetToLivin

Would anyone be so kind as to share what their favorite (or not so favorite!) excursions were for these ports of call:

I've looked through the reviews on the RCCL website for these ports, but more input is always helpful, thank you! :D

Would anyone be so kind as to share what their favorite (or not so favorite!) excursions were for these ports of call:

I've looked through the reviews on the RCCL website for these ports, but more input is always helpful, thank you! :D

The best place for information about ports is on the Ports of Call boards:

Roatan

Belize

Cozumel

the monkey preserve on Roatan is popular. and on one of the stops(belize?) a lot of the gang was headed to do cave tubing although it was cancelled due to the water being too high in the caves. they substituted a similar tour that everyone enjoyed.

Cozumel is usually a beach day. I will say that Royal parks at the 'wrong' pier that requires you to take a taxi to get to the main shopping drag. unless you like to drink in which case Senor Frogs is twenty feet away from the gangway

Mr Spook did a zipline on Roatan right there at the dock over the water. two transits for $30 that included a ride back to the beginning each time

We like Nachi Cocom (non-ship excursion) in Cozumel. All day beach resort for $55 per person.

Did a drift snorkel (ship excursion) in Roatan, but don't remember the name.

I second you Bob, we have now been there 10 times over the years. We like Goff's Caye in Belize, you can see plenty of videos on You Tube.

And any place along West Bay in Roatan will do for us. I like the water best there. We just take a cab over and sometimes to Bananarama or Tabyana, other times the Mayan Princess. We've been all over Roatan and we still like West Bay Beach.

Edited by BecciBoo

We have same stops in April, my favorite Caribbean shore excursion is Dolphin encounter at Anothey Key in Roatan, have done this a few times and will do it again, you do not need to swim, you walk out in the water till your waist high than the Dolphins come to you, plenty of time with Dolphin. Have done other encounters and none were this good.

We just returned on Sunday from doing this itinerary. We booked a personal driver through Victor Bodden when we docked in Roatan. He took us to the Pirates of the Caribbean zip line, the monkey zoo and to do some souvenir shopping. Great day! In Belize, we booked the RCI excursion for snorkeling and a trip to Starfish Island. This was ok, but we thought the snorkeling was too rushed, though beautiful. Starfish Island was a disappointment to all of us. We would not do this one again. In Cozumel, we just grabbed a taxi and went shopping in downtown.

Another vote for Victor in Roatan. Our driver took us to a nice quiet beach with snorkeling, a ship wreck for the kids to swing off of, and a nice restaurants. We then went into town for some shopping and had a quick stop off at Banarama for a drink. You can do one of their 'standard' trips of make up your own depending on what you like to do.

In Cozumel if you don't want to hang at the beach we have done ATVs as well as the Bar Hop http://www.cozumelbarhop.com/. They take you to the other side of the island where there is no electricity but a lot of great bars/restaurants with wonderful views. Its not the standard get sloshed day although my then 19 year old loved it even though he was the only one under 30 (if not older) on our trip.

Belize, the standard is the cave tubing or snorkeling at the reefs, check out the ports of call board for the better operators. Its been a while since we were there so don't want to say myself on that one.

Edited by akcruz

the monkey preserve on Roatan is popular. and on one of the stops(belize?) a lot of the gang was headed to do cave tubing although it was cancelled due to the water being too high in the caves. they substituted a similar tour that everyone enjoyed.

Cozumel is usually a beach day. I will say that Royal parks at the 'wrong' pier that requires you to take a taxi to get to the main shopping drag. unless you like to drink in which case Senor Frogs is twenty feet away from the gangway

Mr Spook did a zipline on Roatan right there at the dock over the water. two transits for $30 that included a ride back to the beginning each time

But the taxi to the beach is cheaper ;)

We very seldom book ships tours. In Belize we booked our own cave tubing tour. In Cozumel we booked a private cooking lesson with a lady named Josephina.

Agree, best to skip rccl tour if possible and do private tours, my last RCCL tour was really bad. RCCL does not care about customer they just want there cut from tour operator.

I've done this itinerary twice.

In Roatan I've done zip lining through RCI (South Shore) and on my own by going to a booth once I excited the ship. That time we went to Pirates of the Caribbean. Afterwards the driver took us to Parrot Tree Resort for the afternoon. Beautiful resort. But we did end up running into some sand mites!

In Belize we did the Lamanai excursion through RCI. AWESOME trip! The ruins were amazing!

In Cozumel I've done the Amazing Race and Nachi Cocum. Both were great. But if your ship leaves Cozumel before 5 the Amazing Race may not be ideal. Just as I finished my first drink asset the finish line, the bus came to take us back to the ship. A bit disappointing.

Hope this helps.

We are going on those ports in April. Roatan, we are going to Little French Key. http://www.littlefrenchkey.com

In Belize, we are dong the Dark Night Cave tour.

In Cozumel we are going to rent a Jeep and cruise the island on our own. Last year, we went to Cozumel and had a great tour with Plaza Tours.

If you go to the ruins in Cozumel, there is a guy selling bug spray for a dollar. What ever you do, pay that man a dollar and get sprayed. You'l get eaten alive without it.

I've done this itinerary twice.

In Cozumel I've done the Amazing Race and Nachi Cocum. Both were great. But if your ship leaves Cozumel before 5 the Amazing Race may not be ideal. Just as I finished my first drink asset the finish line, the bus came to take us back to the ship. A bit disappointing.

Hope this helps.

We want to do the Amazing Race in Cozumel. How and where do you sign up? Any information you have would be appreciated.

We are going on those ports in April. Roatan, we are going to Little French Key. http://www.littlefrenchkey.com

Too expensive for us and on the windward side of the island. Water is better on the Lee side. I was considering this with good reviews but for the same price 55 dollars, you get entrance plus all you can eat or drink in Cozumel at Nachi....guess we're just used to getting that deal.

I think we'll come out ahead paying 15 for Tabyana and eat and drink at Bananarama for less.

When is your cruise in April, ours is the 24th.:D

Edited by BecciBoo

Belize. We did the Lamanai ruins tour thru' RCL. Loved it.They held the last tender for us!

Roatan. Tour via Victor Bodden, very good.

Cozumel. Just wandered around most times. Did a round the island tour via RCL once, not too exciting.

Ditto for what pspercy said. The zip n dip (zipline and beach ) is fun with Bodden and the beach (Bananarama ) is great. Bananarama has great fire brick pizza. Good snorkling. Coz if you want to parasail, recommend Dive with Martin. Just to the left when you get off the pier. Little red building.

We did the Lamanai excursion in Belize and had a great time. The ruins were amazing and the trip up/down the river was fast & fun!