Eclipse Concierge Class Balcony vs. 1A Balcony

Diamond Dandy

From what I can see these two types of balcony are the same size. What would be the difference to warrant the higher cost of Concierge class?

The CC benefits. And extra Captains Club points. Depending on the price, the benefits may or may not be worth it to you (they aren't to us at more than say $10/day). And, some of the CC cabins are in less desirable locations.

On S-Class Ships like Eclipse the room sizes are indeed the same, balcony sizes can differ depending on where the cabins are (ie angles on & off "the hump" or "the bump" are the larger ones)

Mr Sloop & I like Concierge Class and the benefits (some would argue they are "perceived" benefits... But we do use them).

For us, we figure the value is somewhere around the $ 100 to $ 200 mark per person max (equivalent to what Celebrity Charges for a Welcome Aboard / Special Occasion Pkg which includes several of the same perks)

Enjoy those items... Along with Priority Privledges - Expanded Room Service Menu (Breakfast) - Fancy Showerhead - Extra Hairdryer - and of course the Bonus Captains Club Points

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

All the 1A balconies are larger than normal. Only the C2's on the hump are larger ( I count 24 of them). You should look at the deck plan to help you choose one of these if you go with C2. C1 is all afts which is nice. C3 just the normal size balcony. As others have pointed out there are extra perks and points with all Concierge class.

Edited by YVR cruiser

We used to book C1 just for the balcony size. But now we book 1A since the Concierge benefits have grown old for us. As you can see, there are many different points of view

• 1 month later...
From what I can see these two types of balcony are the same size. What would be the difference to warrant the higher cost of Concierge class?

Look on the website- a few more amenities and in most cases, excellent locations. However you do get more "points" and that can bring you closer to Elite status-

Oftentimes, if you book early, cost about the same for Aqua Class, Concierge class and Delux Balcony.

Whatever makes financial sense to you do. Cabin is the same size-same decor for all three. A few amenities offered in each class-including blu in Aqua class.

Edited by Cruise a holic

I may be wrong, but I was under the impression that Concierge Class cabins have foot stools for the chairs on the balcony and regular balcony cabins do not. That means a lot to me being able to rest my legs on the foot stool rather than having to face chairs together and prop my feet less comfortably on the other chair.

The foot stool is comfortable enough that if it is placed right up against the chair, I can lie down just as if the combination were a chaise lounge.

I spend a lot of time on the balcony both day and night. That's what I love about cruising, so comfortable seating on the balcony is important to me. Having this perk, plus the extra points for Captain's Club is good for me.

I may be wrong, but I was under the impression that Concierge Class cabins have foot stools for the chairs on the balcony and regular balcony cabins do not. That means a lot to me being able to rest my legs on the foot stool rather than having to face chairs together and prop my feet less comfortably on the other chair.

The foot stool is comfortable enough that if it is placed right up against the chair, I can lie down just as if the combination were a chaise lounge.

I spend a lot of time on the balcony both day and night. That's what I love about cruising, so comfortable seating on the balcony is important to me. Having this perk, plus the extra points for Captain's Club is good for me.

Yes, the footstool for Concierge Class is a tangible perk. (I like them as well.) Celebrity really should put them on all balconies.

The most useful benefit IMO.

AMEN!!!!! I agree!!!

We book Concierge for the Deck 12 location. Love being on the Resort Deck. Having the foot stools is a major plus, as we also tend to spend some time on the balcony. Also take advantage of the extended room service breakfast menu (which we enjoy on the balcony)

We've purchased the drink package forever, so the bubbling wine generally does not get consumed. Disappointed that the fresh flowers are now gone - while a small thing, I'm a flower person, so will be missing this.

It's really each to his own - what you enjoy and value - cost vs benefit.

Patricia

• 3 months later...

On Celebrity S ships we book on Sky deck a C2 cabin .Mainly because of its position i.e. near stairway and lifts.The cabin is on the corner of the " hump" and has a larger balcony.If we went down to deck 9 and took the same position cabin it would be a 1A and would save us a few hundred pounds each.Its just the perceived advantage of priority boarding ,dining requests and priority boarding of any tender.

The extra points mean nothing as Elite members we would get most of the extras we would want.

Over the past few years many of the little extras from a Concierge cabin have been lost and others worthless.Does anyone eat those disgusting canapes ?

Every time we book we always look to book a Concierge cabin but it really isnt worth it.

On Celebrity S ships we book on Sky deck a C2 cabin .Mainly because of its position i.e. near stairway and lifts.The cabin is on the corner of the " hump" and has a larger balcony.If we went down to deck 9 and took the same position cabin it would be a 1A and would save us a few hundred pounds each.Its just the perceived advantage of priority boarding ,dining requests and priority boarding of any tender.

The extra points mean nothing as Elite members we would get most of the extras we would want.

Over the past few years many of the little extras from a Concierge cabin have been lost and others worthless.Does anyone eat those disgusting canapes ?

Every time we book we always look to book a Concierge cabin but it really isnt worth it.

We've been in a regular balcony cabin on the Eclipse before and were in a Concierge cabin in December.

Most of the 'perks' were kind of worthless. I did like the extra points and the footstool on the balcony. We only paid $50pp extra--wouldn't pay much more than that.

When I booked our C2 cabin the UK had 123 perk offer 1. $200 on board credit 2. pre paid gratuities 3. classic drinks package. If I had booked a standard balcony cabin I was only able to choose 2 of the above perks as I cooked a C2 I was able to receive all 3 perks. This made the choice very simple as booking the C2 with all 3 perks included was a win win.

On CC you get fresh fruit as well as those (questionable) afternoon appetizers. There is definitely a difference is which cabin locations. Some are better, some are worse depending on what is available. And, we have seen times when the price is the same, or even less for CC.

We just booked a C2 on the Reflection. Getting all 3 perks made the extra cost worth it. After number crunching we figured what the perks " saved" us actually made C2 only a few dollars more. We got a hump cabin,nice location and we like the foot stools and expanded breakfast menus. The extra points toward Elite Plus is not a consideration.....probably won't live long enough 😜😄😃🙀.