who doesn't include alcohol?

sandinmyshoes

We have been wanting to try a luxury line, but my husband and I don't drink and don't want to pay extra for an included package that will not benefit us. It's not that we are opposed to alcohol, just that we prefer to eat our calories over drinking them. :D

Oceania is an upper Premium line & does not include alcohol

They do include non alcoholic drinks

You certainly will be able to eat your calories with them ;)

Edited by LHT28

All luxury lines (the real luxury lines, not all the ones included in this forum) include alcohol. If you don't want to pay for that i your fare go with Oceania as previously suggested. And certainly avoid Regent where you are not only paying for alcohol but excursions whether you want them or not.

All luxury lines (the real luxury lines, not all the ones included in this forum) include alcohol. If you don't want to pay for that i your fare go with Oceania as previously suggested. And certainly avoid Regent where you are not only paying for alcohol but excursions whether you want them or not.

I wonder which lines you think are real luxury lines?

Sent from my XT1032 using Forums mobile app

I wonder which lines you think are real luxury lines?

Sent from my XT1032 using Forums mobile app

Based on reading the forums -- Regent, Silversea, Seabourne, Crystal, Hapag-Lloyd, Paul Gauguin

Seadream too maybe?

Azamara and Oceania are a step down in terms of inclusiveness and are considered Premium Plus.

Based on reading the forums -- Regent, Silversea, Seabourne, Crystal, Hapag-Lloyd, Paul Gauguin

Seadream too maybe?

Azamara and Oceania are a step down in terms of inclusiveness and are considered Premium Plus.

I would not call Paul Gauguin a luxury line. In our experience they were a step down from WindStar, actually more like a mass market on a small ship with free crappy wine.

Windstar is considered "luxury-lite" probably only because they don't include alcohol.

Edited by ducklite

I would not call Paul Gauguin a luxury line. In our experience they were a step down from WindStar, actually more like a mass market on a small ship with free crappy wine.

Windstar is considered "luxury-lite" probably only because they don't include alcohol.

I think many people remember when Paul Gauguin was owned by Regent and don't realize that it hasn't maintained the same standards since it was sold.

Seadream too maybe?

Hapag-Lloyd does not include alcohol. So that is the answer to the OP's primary question.

We have been wanting to try a luxury line, but my husband and I don't drink and don't want to pay extra for an included package that will not benefit us. It's not that we are opposed to alcohol, just that we prefer to eat our calories over drinking them. :D

For what it's worth, I am also not a big drinker (I also prefer to eat my calories than drink them), but I really like the all-inclusive types of arrangements..........the feeling of not having to sign for things and not having to even consider cost is, for me, a part of the relaxing and luxurious feeling. I could say I don't want my luxury cruise fare to include fancy coffee beverages as I don't drink coffee, but I don't really care because it's the overall experience that I'm really paying for, not for the specifics of what is or isn't included. Having the on-board things (food, drinks, activities, gratuities) included also meant that there were no attempts, subtle or otherwise, to upsell and try and convince me to spend a little extra. That also added to the luxurious experience.

For what it's worth, I am also not a big drinker (I also prefer to eat my calories than drink them), but I really like the all-inclusive types of arrangements..........the feeling of not having to sign for things and not having to even consider cost is, for me, a part of the relaxing and luxurious feeling. I could say I don't want my luxury cruise fare to include fancy coffee beverages as I don't drink coffee, but I don't really care because it's the overall experience that I'm really paying for, not for the specifics of what is or isn't included. Having the on-board things (food, drinks, activities, gratuities) included also meant that there were no attempts, subtle or otherwise, to upsell and try and convince me to spend a little extra. That also added to the luxurious experience.

With all due respect, I think included alcohol adds far more to the cruise fare than included coffee drinks. :)

With all due respect, I think included alcohol adds far more to the cruise fare than included coffee drinks. :)

Of course it does! I wasn't serious about it, just using it as an illustration that I believe that the OP's concern is irrelevant to a luxurious experience (i.e. that I believe the luxury is in the lack of extra payments required, not in the inclusion of everything)

Hapag Lloyd may not include alcohol but they are more expensive than those lines who do.

Hapag-Lloyd's rationale for not including alcohol is that those cruise lines that are inclusive carry a far more restricted selection of alcoholic drinks.

For example, Hapag-Lloyd carry 30 different brands of Gin.

Also, as has been mentioned in an earlier post, they have introduced a sliding scale of on-board credit for payment of alcoholic drinks.

The Europa, and Europa 2, do have the highest per diem rates, but having cruised on the latter ship it is, for me, in a class of it's own.

• 2 weeks later...
I think many people remember when Paul Gauguin was owned by Regent and don't realize that it hasn't maintained the same standards since it was sold.

Not true, at least in my experience of 5 trips, one of them as recently as September. In some ways it's better than the days when Regent managed it. (It was never owned by Regent or Radisson, btw.)