Age policy leaniancy on rcc

Millionworriesgurl

They will not allow a move up in age as they don't want the liability issues. Your daughter is not obligated to go to any club activities. BTW, teens always see themselves as more mature than they really are, and that's when they get into trouble.

My daughter is turning 15 in two months and she is too mature for her age. She keeps saying to me that she doesn't want to be stuck in the younger group bc she was too mature a year earlier. Do you know how strict it is on the Allure and if she'd be able to attend everything being moved up

"She is too mature for her age"--doesn't sound like a comment a PARENT would make but one a CHILD would make (I am a middle level teacher & a parent of 3 teens so I would consider myself an expert on this one...

Maybe I am off, but the wording of the post & the topic makes me think perhaps the teen is posting this as the mother--I could be wrong...

BUT all cruise lines are very firm on this one, you may NOT move up and they know how old you are as it is on your key card that you sign in & out of club with.

That being said--it could depend on the line how the clubs get divided. If there are many children on the cruise, things will stay as they are. But 4 years ago we did an October cruise & there were only about 2 dozen in the in the 12-14 AND the 15-17 ages so they combined the 2 (DD was 12 & DS was 15 and DN was 14 so they were thankful). It was a global group that had a blast all week, never worried about them.

Mature+ 15-year-old= oxymoron lol

We were all mature 15-year-olds at one point...and then we grew up.

If she doesn't like the teen club, she can relax by the pool or find something else to occupy her time.

Edited by Lerin

I wondered if it was the teen posting myself.

We have two 15 and two 14 year old grandchildren, none of whom are 'too mature'. Actually, the phrase 'she's too mature for 15' would scare me to pieces, as what that usually means is the kid (like many kids this age) thinks they are really too grown-up for other kids their age and should be able to do things the 17-18 year olds are doing.

For ourselves, we prefer our kids to be the right maturity for their age and not to push them, or allow them, to hang around with the older crowd.

If the sailing has few kids, they may combine age groups, otherwise not likely.

My daughter is turning 15 in two months and she is too mature for her age. She keeps saying to me that she doesn't want to be stuck in the younger group bc she was too mature a year earlier. Do you know how strict it is on the Allure and if she'd be able to attend everything being moved up

Based on your statement "she was too mature a year earlier", it appears that you would have no problem with your daughter when she was 14 years old a year ago running around with 17 year olds. Is that correct? Personally, it would scare me if my daughters when they were 14 were running around 17 year olds.

DON

Edited by donaldsc

I'm sure many of the kids' staff on most cruise lines have heard the phrase my child "is mature for" his or her age. And inwardly :rolleyes: as much of the time will discover that's not true at all.

And just think, any of the 17-year-olds might not want a 14-year-old hanging around with them on a cruise.

While your daughter is just a few months shy of 15, keep in mind that there could be boys in the teen group that are a week short of being legal adults - 18 years old! Do you really want your still 14 year old spending unsupervised time with boys that old? Remember in the teen clubs things are pretty much open with little structure or adult supervision. I am sure that in the younger group she will find like aged kids to hang out with.

We've found that with the teen clubs on RCI, the teens go to the get together on the first day to meet a group of friends their own age. Together, they participated in only a few organized kids club activities, and much preferred just hanging out with them independently throughout the cruise.