Horrible experience on the splendor

adweenal

I am writing on behalf of family members who had a HORRIBLE time on the splendor.

they were on deck 6 just above the theatre.

The ship is under major construction, including the theatre. There was drilling, banging, crashing, and destruction ALL NIGHT LONG, for all 7 nights.

They could not sleep at all.

They begged to change cabins, but there were no available.

Carnival offered then 30% off of their cruise fare, but I do not think that is acceptable, they were not able to enjoy their cruise at all.

On top of it all, one person got food poisoning from a veggie burger.

Anyone know how to proceed? These are people who scrimp and save an entire year to go on 1 cruise, and it was such a disaster.

TIA!

30% is actually quite generous. They should accept it and try again, hopefully they will have a wonderful time.

If you feel there is more to be done, I can only suggest you contact corporate offices. Only they can do anything about it....certainly not CC members.

30% is actually quite generous. They should accept it and try again, hopefully they will have a wonderful time.

If you feel there is more to be done, I can only suggest you contact corporate offices. Only they can do anything about it....certainly not CC members.

I know CC members can't do anything (but thanks for that)... I was wondering if anyone had an suggestions on how to proceed with corporate office (a contact name for example...)

That is why I will not book a cabin on Deck 6, it is only common space below and no noise reduction at all.

I feel bad for your family members but 30% is a reasonable offer but I do understnad that does not make up for their lack of sleep or enjoyment. Not sure what else you would want CCL to do. They may not have had another cabin available to move them to, and unfortunately night time is the only time some work can be done on a ship.

A 30% discount is actually pretty generous. As for the food poisoning, I contracted Salmonella on the Dream. I had to be hospitalized and missed a week of work due to the illness. All I got was an email telling me that some 'gastrointestinal upset' is expected when cruising.

That is why I will not book a cabin on Deck 6, it is only common space below and no noise reduction at all.

I feel bad for your family members but 30% is a reasonable offer but I do understnad that does not make up for their lack of sleep or enjoyment. Not sure what else you would want CCL to do. They may not have had another cabin available to move them to, and unfortunately night time is the only time some work can be done on a ship.

If they knew major renovations were being done all night long, perhaps consider not opening the cabins to guests? They had friends stay 4 cabins down, and the noise was minimal.

I've been above and below places like the main theater. Don't book it. Seriously, I hate their vacation was ruined by this (because trust me I understand) but also don't book those cabins if you're even a heavy sleeper, or like to take naps, because to will hear everything.

Thanks, this is the helpful feedback I was looking for.

This might have been the helpful feedback you were looking for but most of the people here gave you very helpful feedback that you might not have looked for but was still helpful feedback

For some reason I was thinking that a veggie burger wouldn't have a patty on it. But apparently they do.

It is basically mushed veggies and either soy or potatoes that are mixed with egg and formed into a patty and then grilled.

I want to know what the op thinks his friends should be getting?

Their sleep was disturbed. So say eight hours out of twenty four. Sounds like a third to me.

Unless they were so sleep deprived they were not able to eat or enjoy any if the other things the ship had to offer.

Op, you can pursue this for your friends, but I bet you dollars to donuts, that 30% is it. Take it or don't.

Personally, I would take it and save myself a lot of aggravation.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I want to know what the op thinks his friends should be getting?

Their sleep was disturbed. So say eight hours out of twenty four. Sounds like a third to me.

Unless they were so sleep deprived they were not able to eat or enjoy any if the other things the ship had to offer.

Op, you can pursue this for your friends, but I bet you dollars to donuts, that 30% is it. Take it or don't.

Personally, I would take it and save myself a lot of aggravation.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Agree. This is one of the reasons I always take ear plugs (besides DH's snoring:D:o). Even if you don't book on a deck above or below the common areas, you never know what type of neighbors you may get or who will be going down your halls. I would take the 30% and be happy.

If they knew major renovations were being done all night long, perhaps consider not opening the cabins to guests? They had friends stay 4 cabins down, and the noise was minimal.

Not knowing the whole story it is hard to say. It could have been work that had to be done at that time or could have been planned. You said "The ship is under major construction", what all were they doing?

from the grill which was out in the sun.

How do you know that it was food poisoning and not a gastro virus such as Norvo ? Even on ships without widespread outbreaks I'm sure a few passengers contract various illnesses brought onboard by fellow passengers.

I agree with Lou and others..tell them to take the 30% off and go on another cruise. Also tell them to try and find a cabin location sandwiched between other cabins or above quite public areas

Edited by NYcruzzer