Fall and Winter schedule Australia and New Zealand starting to unfold!

Alphen

Only Noordam cruises listed so far, waiting to see if second ship will join Noordam.

When looking at port schedules in that area, listings for Sydney, Melbourne, Hobart and Burnie (which have port visits listed for many months to come) show both Maasdam and Noordam in that area.

When looking at port schedules in that area, listings for Sydney, Melbourne, Hobart and Burnie (which have port visits listed for many months to come) show both Maasdam and Noordam in that area.

Port Chalmers(NZ) cruise schedule lists one visit by Maasdam. Of course the ship can be replaced by another, a few years ago, Zuiderdam was listed at our ports, but it was replaced by Oosterdam.

First cruises for October through December are appearing, so far Noordams cruises are listed up to early December. :D:D:D

October through November is spring in Australia. When you posted Fall and Winter, I was hopeful HAL would be putting a boat in Australia April - August. I really think summer -- December - February is the worst time to visit Australia and keep hoping HAL will base a ship here during the local fall & winter.

Port Chalmers(NZ) cruise schedule lists one visit by Maasdam. Of course the ship can be replaced by another, a few years ago, Zuiderdam was listed at our ports, but it was replaced by Oosterdam.

I have been researching Maasdam for a circle cruise from Sydney. Great itinerary, but the ship constantly gets really poor reviews on CC and word of mouth. It is a perfect size for cruising the South Pacific, NZ and Australia, so I hope it gets a major overhall.

I have been researching Maasdam for a circle cruise from Sydney. Great itinerary, but the ship constantly gets really poor reviews on CC and word of mouth. It is a perfect size for cruising the South Pacific, NZ and Australia, so I hope it gets a major overhall.

We were on board Maasdam for 6 weeks last year(Australian Circumnavigation plus Sydney to Auckland) while on board booked for another 22 day cruise on her from Auckland later this year.

Would not have booked again if we had experienced problems.

We were on board Maasdam for 6 weeks last year(Australian Circumnavigation plus Sydney to Auckland) while on board booked for another 22 day cruise on her from Auckland later this year.

I am pleased that you didn't experience any problems on your cruises. What deck were you on?

While looking at the Port Chalmers cruise ship schedules for the 2018/2019 season, was surprised to see so many Princess ships booked at various times during the season, namely Emerald, Majestic, Pacific, Sea, Sapphire, Sun and Golden.

October through November is spring in Australia. When you posted Fall and Winter, I was hopeful HAL would be putting a boat in Australia April - August. I really think summer -- December - February is the worst time to visit Australia and keep hoping HAL will base a ship here during the local fall & winter.

The first time I was in Australia (March '11) it was so brutally hot I swore I wouldn't go back unless it was in July. I agree, a cruise there in Australian fall/winter would be a nice idea.

The first time I was in Australia (March '11) it was so brutally hot I swore I wouldn't go back unless it was in July. I agree, a cruise there in Australian fall/winter would be a nice idea.

I had just moved to Australia in March 2011. I agree it was an unbearably hot summer here. But my experience is March is the worst part of summer, though technically it's considered autumn here. Seasons begin on the 1st of the month, so March-May is autumn, June-August is winter, September-November is spring, and December-February is summer.

I love southern Australia in the fall & winter, it's a great time to visit, and it has the bonus of avoiding the heat of Northern Hemisphere summer. My ultimate dream is to be rich enough to be able to winter in both hemispheres. I HATE being hot.

Maasdam is great. Would not hesitate to book her again and am scheduled on her for 20 days next year. Just off of Veendam and the onboard cruise consultant I'm almost certain had Maasdam doing Australia and South Pacific in the fall/winter (northern hemisphere fall/winter that is) 2018, although she's currently only on the HAL website through August 2018.

I think HAL just cruise Australia during the local summer, because they combine it with NZ routings ... and NZ would not be so popular in their winter. We cruised from Sydney to Auckland in Feb/March, and although Sydney was too hot for us, the rest of the routing was nice weather.

We were on board February/March this year, main deck, no problems at all, great ship, would do here again with no hesitation.

We were on the Maasdam for 23 days last year and eagerly awaiting our 31 day trip in November. We were on Main deck, cabin 581 and had no problems. Apart from the plug not working properly in the sink. Soon fixed by the steward. All the staff were wonderful. A lovely, gracious ship.

Alphen,

It's been 7 years since I sailed on Maasdam and your video shows she looks better than ever! (I did notice a lack of floral arrangements in the public rooms, however.) Thanks for posting the video.

Thanks for the video and all the positive comments regarding the Maasdam, my husband and I are doing the 32 day circumnavigation of Australia on her in October/November this year, can't wait.

Thanks for the video and all the positive comments regarding the Maasdam, my husband and I are doing the 32 day circumnavigation of Australia on her in October/November this year, can't wait.

We have done the Circumnavigation cruise twice, hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

• 1 month later...