Port of Miami Parking

Maverick927

So....I've read several threads that say to stay away from outside parking lots and park directly at the port.

Okay. Gotcha.

Is there any way to pay in advance or ensure I have covered parking? When I google "Port of Miami Parking" all I get are off site lots, and I don't want to book parking at the wrong place!

Even though the rate is exceedingly steep ($20/day), the convenience, as well as the peace of mind, is definitely worth the price.

One minor correction...the parking adjacent to cruise terminal E is an uncovered lot, the other parking facilities are garages.

If sailing on Celebrity which garage do you choose? Ease of luggage to check in? Any other helpful tips. Thank you in advance.

Probably garage G, which is directly across the street from Terminal G. But no worries, all of the parking facilities are directly across the road from the terminals, so just check the signs when you enter the port (or just *carefully* glance to your left, the ships are hard to miss! :D) to find your terminal. Plenty of baggage porters are stationed out front of the terminal, just pull up and drop your bags, then follow the signs to the parking structure, which will be on your left.

Can anybody comment on the idea that since there is only one road in/out of the POM, traffic may be a problem?

The port looks like an island to me, and since I've heard that many cruise lines utilize this area, there must be significant traffic on most days.

Thanks for any knowledgeable responses.

Scanditaly.

actually there are now 2 ways into the port

the old 6th street route past Bayside and the arena is still open and considered the secondary road

the primary entr' is via the 'new' tunnel, an easy access via I-395 ...

http://www.portofmiamitunnel.com/employment/

(disregard the 'employment' label, this link has basic tunnel info)

How%20to%20Use%20the%20Tunnel.JPG

Edited by Capt_BJ

We had no problems with traffic or finding a covered spot when we cruised with RC last year. The cost was a bit steep but our vehicle was safe and secure when we returned. The garage was convenient to porters and elevators were quick.

I was very perplexed, but since you showed me the extra way in, I feel much more relaxed about getting there. Thank you.

We are hoping/planning to stay on the Miami Beach/South Beach Island, and really did not relish having to go back through downtown.

Scanditaly.

I was very perplexed, but since you showed me the extra way in, I feel much more relaxed about getting there. Thank you.

We are hoping/planning to stay on the Miami Beach/South Beach Island, and really did not relish having to go back through downtown.

Scanditaly.

I hope to not perplex you further...but the tunnel is only accessible to traffic headed eastbound (towards Miami Beach) on I-395, not to traffic headed from Miami Beach westbound on the MacArthur Causeway to downtown. You will have to exit at Biscayne Blvd and follow the signs to the NE 6 St entrance.

Our GPS re-routed us, so we did not take the tunnel when arriving. We did take it to leave, and everything went very smooth.

Parked in the garage across from H, but the terminals were marked wrong, and our ship was actually at G. Lucky for us, when we arrived this morning, the ship was at H.

Thanks for the advice!

After you park, take your parking card/ticket with you and put it in your wallet or someplace easy to remember. There is a machine to put it into to pay before you get your car when you return.

Except in Garage J, of which parking is paid to the attendant upon exit.

Edited by brunello22

Thanks to all. This thread was very helpful. We have always flown to ports. December will be our first time driving to a port.

I just want to clarify:

We drive to port, drop our bags with the porter first, then go park the car? Is there a shuttle from the garage back to the ship or is it within walking distance?

Thanks again.

Thanks to all. This thread was very helpful. We have always flown to ports. December will be our first time driving to a port.

I just want to clarify:

We drive to port, drop our bags with the porter first, then go park the car? Is there a shuttle from the garage back to the ship or is it within walking distance?

Thanks again.

Yes, drop off your bags first and then go park. The parking garages are adjacent to the terminals. It is a very short walk.

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone had a problem with the POM lots of being full? I'm concerned about driving down and not getting parking. We cruise on Dec 4th

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

We have parked there twice both times in April with absolutely no problem. You will be going near the beginning of December. Those cruises seem to have some of the lowest rates. And usually lower rates are a result of having a harder time filling the ship. So maybe less vehicles needing to park. But you never know. But there seems to be a lot of parking at the port.

never had a problem with parking being full ... nor has it been mentioned here

consider this ..... for the typical cruise, approximately the same number of vehicles will be leaving the garage as will be arriving for the next ....

December 4 is a Sunday. You will likely board after 11 am.

Between 7am and 10 am several thousand passengers will disembark from their ship(s), find their cars in the garages and leave the port.

You will have your choice of parking places.

Thanks for the responses! I'm a little freaked out about the new staggered check in and parking. Last time we cruised out of Miami we parked off site. Car was fine, but none of those lots start shuttles until after 11am. We have check in at 11

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk