Jose and Patti

william

Know most people like these two that sing on the dawn. Saw them a few yrs ago. Did not really care for them. Just looked at their schedule they are leaving the Dawn on June 19th. That is good news for me that is when I am sailing. Sorry for those of you who like them. Been sailing for yrs and always enjoy the entertainment. Just think these two are to into themselves.

We are just of the Dawn and I did not see that. They seemed very down to earth and nice to me.

Most folks love em. But, we are all different and I can see some that may not.

Different strokes for different folks.

Most folks love em. But, we are all different and I can see some that may not.

Different strokes for different folks.

I was not that impressed with their shows but in talking to them at the buffet one day they both seemed very nice and friendly. Their performance is just not my cup of tea.

I'm with the OP - after reading the raves on the CC forums about Jose & Patti, I was ready for something impressive...it was not to be. I just don't get it. :confused:

The worst was having to overhear their show in the atrium while trying to enjoy dinner in Moderno - not my idea of dinner and a show, lol. :rolleyes:

Those that love'em, you can have'em - I won't be fighting for your seats in the theater, that's for sure! :p

I'm with the OP - after reading the raves on the CC forums about Jose & Patti, I was ready for something impressive...it was not to be. I just don't get it. :confused:

The worst was having to overhear their show in the atrium while trying to enjoy dinner in Moderno - not my idea of dinner and a show, lol. :rolleyes:

Those that love'em, you can have'em - I won't be fighting for your seats in the theater, that's for sure! :p

I won't be fighting for your seat either!;)

I am not a fan! They are too loud and brassy in my opinion. Their atrium show is a BIG nuisance when trying to dine at Moderno's or trying to work at the internet cafe. They attract a certain demographic which I am not a part of, perhaps attributing to my lack of interest! Their fans make a big nuisance of themselves occupying every chair in the internet cafe and then even dancing there! The management should move them and their circus in the Spinnaker or the theater...that way those who love them have their fun and those who don't can have their peace.

HI all!

I'm one who enjoys their music. On our Dawn repo cruise in Nov they pretty much filled the theatre both times they performed there.

Different strokes, eh? Oh that reminds me, the counting of "ehs" got on my nerves after a while!:p

~ Jo ~ :)

Know most people like these two that sing on the dawn. Saw them a few yrs ago. Did not really care for them. Just looked at their schedule they are leaving the Dawn on June 19th. That is good news for me that is when I am sailing. Sorry for those of you who like them. Been sailing for yrs and always enjoy the entertainment. Just think these two are to into themselves.

I agree with you completely. Last Dawn cruise with them was the first time I couldn't stand the music in the atrium.

lol:)

How do you find out who the current entertainers are on any given ship? Just wondering if there is an announcement or a website that provides this info.

Thanks

More info is available the Cruise Critic boards via past cruisers than by calling NCL to find out...most times they they don't have a clue:rolleyes:;)

I am not quite sure the purpose of the posting, if they are leaving what diffeence does it make?

Now, yes, it is a surprise to find someone who didn't care for them, but everyone has his/her own ideas about what entertainment they like. For us, I think they were my favorite part of sailing the Dawn. We just wish every ship had a "Jose and Patti" I do think they often over did it in the atruim, but I still would miss them if I were going on the Dawn.

Edited by newmexicoNita

I'm back on the Dawn in September and happy to hear they won't be there either. Just got off the Gem and that singer was so much better.

Looks like they will be back on the Dawn starting September 11th. Hoping your cruise is prior to that!

:)

I agree with you completely. Last Dawn cruise with them was the first time I couldn't stand the music in the atrium.

I'm not a big fan of Patti and Jose but they play music that a lot of people like.I'm wondering what kind of music you would like to hear?The Dawn needs a bigger venue for popular acts like Patti and Jose.Tne atrium is just to small.

They were not on the Dawn when we were so I have never experienced them. For those of you who either love or hate them and would like to plan your cruises around them, here is their schedule http://www.joseandpatti.net/schedules/ .

Personally, there are many more important things for me to consider when picking a cruise.

If you talk to Patti and Jose they will tell you that they prefer the more casual and interactive atmosphere of the open area of the Atrium rather than the more formal atmosphere of the Stardust theater.

I have enjoyed their performance on my fall repo cruises and hopefully they will be on the Dawn in Oct 2016 when I next sail on her.

Cheers!

Dennis

I've been on 3 cruises with them and would schedule to avoid if all other things were equal.

I actually don't mind them musically -- it's the lame patter between songs and the audience mania that annoys me. As previous people have pointed out, they take over the internet cafe in a really intrusive way that the Dawn staff needs to cut down on. (you have bought an internet package but there are no seats left at the computers because they've been pulled over to overlook the atrium.)

If they want to use the space for overflow, fine, then close the internet cafe and say you're doing it.