Sunshine announcement

Kcjarvis

Excited and ready to book

Amen to that! I have a booking number all ready to go. I have been stalking the blog, RCCL site, Facebook and Twitter waiting for SOMETHING. Anything. And of course, they make the announcement about tomorrow on a Twitter account that they just created today. Thank goodness for Cruise Critic. :)

Hi Everyone,

For those in the Twitterverse, the correct name to follow is : @RoyalCaribPR . I'm eager to hear the news !

I hope this is helpful.

Knowing that it's a Royal Caribbean ship, you know beforehand that the features will be awesome;)

Exactly! Surprises are good:D

Hi Everyone,

For those in the Twitterverse, the correct name to follow is : @RoyalCaribPR . I'm eager to hear the news !

I hope this is helpful.

I'm not a twittervertium so please post here when you hear the news:)

Can you actually book an inaugural cruise? Are they usually priced to the max?

Yes you can book an inaugural cruise. The prices are usually quite high because of the demand. They will announce the date open for bookings.

They normally will give you an idea of price and cabin layout before that, so you are prepared to book what you want the day they open.

Exactly! Surprises are good:D

I'm not a twittervertium so please post here when you hear the news:)

Hi CruisesOnMyMind,

That's my plan. I'm on Twitter, and plan to keep an eye out for their tweets. I'm fairly certain that Cruise Critic will be following as well. Stay Tuned !

We are very excited about the Sunshine Class ship coming as well. As an aside, has anyone heard any news about when the third Genesis class (Oasis/Allure) ship will be built? I'm guessing it will be named Genesis of the Seas?

It's the oasis class......not genesis. Genesis was the code name for oasis of the seas while it was being built and before rccl officially released the real name.

Can you actually book an inaugural cruise? Are they usually priced to the max?

We did the inaugural cruise on both the Oasis and Allure and prices were in line with their regular pricing. Both occurred beginning of December which is not a prime cruising time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We did the inaugural cruise on both the Oasis and Allure and prices were in line with their regular pricing. Both occurred beginning of December which is not a prime cruising time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I did both inaugurals as well but the Oasis was priced very high - original booking for an inside was $1689pp which we did get down to $1429pp. Allure inaugural we booked fairly last minute (late October for Dec 5) and snagged an inside GTY with a residency discount for $749pp. :) In comparison my April 2012 Oasis was $809 for the cabin next door to my Allure one. Both inaugural cruises were worth every single penny though ;)

I expect the Sunshine 1 inaugural cruise to price slightly higher than the current average Oasis/Allure prices... my guess will be $999-1099 for an inside if it's a 7 night cruise

I did both inaugurals as well but the Oasis was priced very high - original booking for an inside was $1689pp which we did get down to $1429pp. Allure inaugural we booked fairly last minute (late October for Dec 5) and snagged an inside GTY with a residency discount for $749pp. :) In comparison my April 2012 Oasis was $809 for the cabin next door to my Allure one. Both inaugural cruises were worth every single penny though ;)

I expect the Sunshine 1 inaugural cruise to price slightly higher than the current average Oasis/Allure prices... my guess will be $999-1099 for an inside if it's a 7 night cruise

That sounds about right. Personally I was expecting to pay $2000 for a balcony room before diamond discount.

I searched around because that $1689 didn't sound right to me - that was when I switched it from USD to CAD... found the original booking and it was $1829pp USD for an Interior L :eek: wow $261/day ouch! Could do a JS for the same week in December this year for less than that lol

I searched around because that $1689 didn't sound right to me - that was when I switched it from USD to CAD... found the original booking and it was $1829pp USD for an Interior L :eek: wow $261/day ouch! Could do a JS for the same week in December this year for less than that lol

Crazy.

I am currently booked on the Royal Princess Caribbean Inaugural (she has some time in Europe before coming here), Anyway, it was normal prices which shocked me. I figured it would be a lot more expensive. I would love to do inaugural for Sunshine, but not at $261 a day for an inside. I have only gone below balcony twice, and that was on small ship sailing.

Archived