Sunshine announcement

Kcjarvis

The silhouette is quite interesting as well ...

low_1360074542_S697-Quantum-Steelcutting-DSC7392-.jpg

Very interesting. The silhouette somewhat matches a rendering many of us have seen dated March 30, 2012.

On that rendering there is a large enclosed space behind the funnel just like on this silhouette. There are also some differences, but that can be expected since that rendering was produced almost a year ago.

Many of us were wondering if the rendering was legit, and now after seeing this silhouette I think it was.

Ernie

So really not a lot of info. I wish they had announced at least one innovative thing about the ships.

Maybe they will be rolling out information the way Princess has been rolling it out about the Royal Princess.

I do not like either name

They just wanted to be considerate to us on CC by giving us a first letter that isn't already in use... there will be no confusion when someone says "QOS" like there is when someone says EOS or LOS.

:p

The silhouette is quite interesting as well ...

I can picture a lot of glassed in areas on the top deck with that profile.

I just hope that they bring back a nice promenade deck with clear views like the Voyager Class ships

Interesting analysis:

906201530_ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1360077197.900683.jpg.8285ddd9101f321db89e0b3440a4e431.jpg

This is the photo released today.

2073637608_ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1360077232.388723.jpg.2a9e414e6864b0381cf450a170c61d55.jpg

This is a photo found by someone on CC. Notice the images do mirror each other. There looks to be a solarium at the front as well as in the middle of the shop.

162199896_ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1360077308.355371.jpg.e0be786bbcd6980c8f7704c73c2c9917.jpg

The two solarium concept can be seen here. Notice forward pool and a mid pool is covered by glass.

Edit: Also found this.

na9a2y9u.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

So really not a lot of info. I wish they had announced at least one innovative thing about the ships.

Maybe they will be rolling out information the way Princess has been rolling it out about the Royal Princess.

I suspect they'll do it in a similar way to how they did with Oasis originally ... through http://www.oasisoftheseas.com (which princess has pretty much copied) - but using social media to a much much greater extent at the same time, with their new Twitter and Tumblr accounts,etc.

I quite like the name - at least it's different, I'm a bit fed up of seeing the same old names being used by every line - so I think it's good for companies like Norwegian and Royal to be thinking outside the box.

Port Canaveral would be very nice. Its a long drive from Atlanta, but it is still drivable.

And you also get to avoid the traffic in south Florida! :eek:

I just wonder why they don't take advantage of the empty terminal on

a Saturday. The two ships, Freedom is here on Sunday, and Monarch

(soon to be replaced by Enchantment) is here on Mondays and Fridays.

They always sail full, so it would be nice to have one here on Saturdays.

I have my fingers crossed, and would take anything they send us.;)

Though it is too much to hope for that we are getting one of the new

ones. Always nice to dream though! :)

They just wanted to be considerate to us on CC by giving us a first letter that isn't already in use... there will be no confusion when someone says "QOS" like there is when someone says EOS or LOS.

:p

Anthem is going to be a problem.

That ships going to look really odd with all those giant signatures adorning the hull and superstructure....

Not only that, I think people are going to want windows, balconies, and the grey color scheme is a bit bland for my taste.

These new ships stink! :)

Archived