Sunshine announcement

Kcjarvis

More important than the names (yawn) was the little blurb that MW has finally cut the first piece of steel (on 1/31 according to the press image). That means that actual construction has begun. Also, there are now images of the ship's profile out on the press website. By the time NCL Breakaway floats out at the end of the month, the first blocks of Quantum will be in the queue inside the hall.

Not only that, I think people are going to want windows, balconies, and the grey color scheme is a bit bland for my taste.

These new ships stink! :)

I think that the only rooms with balconies & windows will be where the name of the ship is. Those rooms will likely fill up fast!! :D

Hope one of the new ships comes to Bayonne! Have loved the Explorer, but the northeast needs a NEW choice!!! And one with a solarium for the first and last chilly days!!!

Totally agree! We love sailing on EOS out of Bayonne but we really need a new ship. It sooo time for something new. I was hoping it would be more like late Spring 2014. Oh well, the Fall 2014 will be here before we know it. Fingers & toes crossed for Bayonne, NJ!!!;)

And for the physicists among us, the engineering staff of the first will include Quantum mechanics.

The cast of "The Big Bang Theory" should be the official ship godparents.

Cruise on the Quantum and get a Big Bang for your Bucks! :p

Eric

And you also get to avoid the traffic in south Florida! :eek:

I just wonder why they don't take advantage of the empty terminal on

a Saturday. The two ships, Freedom is here on Sunday, and Monarch

(soon to be replaced by Enchantment) is here on Mondays and Fridays.

They always sail full, so it would be nice to have one here on Saturdays.

I have my fingers crossed, and would take anything they send us.;)

Though it is too much to hope for that we are getting one of the new

ones. Always nice to dream though! :)

I think a Saturday Ship will come eventually to PC, maybe Oasis, when the 3rd one comes out, or maybe even the 3rd ship, like they did with Mariner. Carnival is running 3 ships at the moment, but are moving one away, PC has just become the 2nd busiest cruise port, need to make it #1

The cast of "The Big Bang Theory" should be the official ship godparents. . . .

I really like that idea -- seriously [for once].

. . . And also seriously, I have long meant to tell you I really like your cat helmet pic and associated signature line. The one about the chicken isn't bad either.

I think a Saturday Ship will come eventually to PC, maybe Oasis, when the 3rd one comes out, or maybe even the 3rd ship, like they did with Mariner. Carnival is running 3 ships at the moment, but are moving one away, PC has just become the 2nd busiest cruise port, need to make it #1

Perhaps the Explorer when she's quite possibly displaced by the Quantum?

I think Explorer should currently be doing short cruises and Liberty OTS should be doing the week long, but thats just MHO.

Keeping my fingers crossed for one of the new ships will be in Bayonne, NJ. Love, love, love the Explorer of the Seas but definitely need a change in our home state. Fall 2014!!!:D

I agree with Anne! We do need a change at our home port!

Personally, Id be happy with Liberty or Freedom of the Seas out of Cape Liberty. It just makes sense. imho

I agree with Anne! We do need a change at our home port!

Personally, Id be happy with Liberty or Freedom of the Seas out of Cape Liberty. It just makes sense. imho

Stacey, I would love that too! We just need a new ship in Bayonne.

I think that the only rooms with balconies & windows will be where the name of the ship is. Those rooms will likely fill up fast!! :D

It is called the Sunshine class and you think there will be hardly any windows and balconies? I think they will throw in way more windows and balconies. People want a personal balcony and too be able to stare at the sea.

I do remember when it all first got started that they talked about them being smaller than the Allure and Oasis so that they could fit into European ports.

I do not like either name

Any name has to be better than Breakaway and Getaway. lol As far as names go, just remember, "a rose by any other name would smell as sweet." Our opinions on the name will hopefully be outweighed by the specific details about these new ships when they are eventually revealed. My initial reaction was more favorable with Anthem than Quantum but I suspect that the names will grow on us as we learn more.:)

It is called the Sunshine class and you think there will be hardly any windows and balconies? I think they will throw in way more windows and balconies. People want a personal balcony and too be able to stare at the sea.

I do remember when it all first got started that they talked about them being smaller than the Allure and Oasis so that they could fit into European ports.

It is actually called the Quantum Class, it was the sunshine project prior the naming of the ships.

Archived