Sunshine announcement

Kcjarvis

Crazy.

I am currently booked on the Royal Princess Caribbean Inaugural (she has some time in Europe before coming here), Anyway, it was normal prices which shocked me. I figured it would be a lot more expensive. I would love to do inaugural for Sunshine, but not at $261 a day for an inside. I have only gone below balcony twice, and that was on small ship sailing.

I was on the inaugural Ruby Princess which happened to be a 7 day Western caribbean cruise and it was just a regular cruise. Nothing extra thta I can remember.

Can't wait to hear its homeport.....hoping Bayonne !!

While I expect it to homeport in Bayonne, I actually wouldn't be shocked if they don't say where it'll be homeported. Why? If you think about it, for a market that has been starving for a new ship, and only has one choice in the area for RCCL (not counting Celebrity), why say a new one is coming and potentially have to cut prices on the Explorer to fill it while its still up here? If it were in FL, there are loads of ships out there where the financial effect would be minimal. But not up here in the North. We only have one driving choice, unless you want to huff it to Baltimore.

I would expect them to announce the name, the projected sailing date, and some confirmations on minor features that already are within the current fleet. I'd also expect a rendering or two. But we shall see.

While I expect it to homeport in Bayonne, I actually wouldn't be shocked if they don't say where it'll be homeported. Why? If you think about it, for a market that has been starving for a new ship, and only has one choice in the area for RCCL (not counting Celebrity), why say a new one is coming and potentially have to cut prices on the Explorer to fill it while its still up here? If it were in FL, there are loads of ships out there where the financial effect would be minimal. But not up here in the North. We only have one driving choice, unless you want to huff it to Baltimore.

I would expect them to announce the name, the projected sailing date, and some confirmations on minor features that already are within the current fleet. I'd also expect a rendering or two. But we shall see.

Or tons of people wanting to take the Explorer one more time before she leaves and driving the prices up.

Great news we are getting info on the ship, but now I'm nervous. I have wanted this ship in NJ for so long now I'll be very disappointing if it isn't coming here.

By the way where is this announcement going to be made? Press release, press conference, RCCL website, RCCL blog, I hope not just a few tweets?

I am hoping Port Canaveral picks up a third RCI ship. Carnival is now running three ships

out of our port and "the mouse" has two.

Big beautiful RCI terminal sits empty on Saturdays.

Maybe it won't be the Sunshine series, but perhaps one ship that is

replaced by the new one? One can only hope. :)

Can't wait for the announcement. When is tomorrow the 5th or 6th of Feb. We sailed on the Inaugural of the Oasis, Allure, the first cruise of the Indy on her way from Europe to the USA. Also were on the Celebrity Solstice for her 1st month Inaugural.

Take care...

Irene & Miles

I am hoping Port Canaveral picks up a third RCI ship. Carnival is now running three ships

out of our port and "the mouse" has two.

Big beautiful RCI terminal sits empty on Saturdays.

Maybe it won't be the Sunshine series, but perhaps one ship that is

replaced by the new one? One can only hope. :)

I read that Terminal 6 at Port Everglades was specifically built for the newest ships including Oasis Class.

Can't wait for the announcement. When is tomorrow the 5th or 6th of Feb. We sailed on the Inaugural of the Oasis, Allure, the first cruise of the Indy on her way from Europe to the USA. Also were on the Celebrity Solstice for her 1st month Inaugural.

Take care...

Irene & Miles

Hi Irene & Miles

Anouncement should be within the next couple of hours :D

Sorry, didn't realise links wouldn't work. From the blog website:

Royal Caribbean has announced its new class of ships that has been referred to internally as Project Sunshine, will officially be called Quantum Class. Additionally, the first two ships will be named Quantum of the Seas and Anthem of the Seas.

Quantum of the Seas will debut in 2014 and Anthem of the Seas will be ready in 2015.

According to Adam Goldstein, president and CEO of Royal Caribbean International, the new ship will be a breakthrough in design and guest experience onboard. "We are very excited about this important milestone of the official launch of Project Sunshine. After three years of advanced planning this is the first step in the construction of the Quantum of the Seas and I am anxious to see its emergence in the coming months," he said.

Sorry, didn't realise links wouldn't work. From the blog website:

Royal Caribbean has announced its new class of ships that has been referred to internally as Project Sunshine, will officially be called Quantum Class. Additionally, the first two ships will be named Quantum of the Seas and Anthem of the Seas.

Quantum of the Seas will debut in 2014 and Anthem of the Seas will be ready in 2015.

According to Adam Goldstein, president and CEO of Royal Caribbean International, the new ship will be a breakthrough in design and guest experience onboard. "We are very excited about this important milestone of the official launch of Project Sunshine. After three years of advanced planning this is the first step in the construction of the Quantum of the Seas and I am anxious to see its emergence in the coming months," he said.

Whoops ! I gues we were posting at the same time. Sorry. :o

Whoa! I'm not really crazy about the name Quantum. I do like Anthem. Guess I'd better hit the dictionary and see what quantum actually means.

I guess RCI chose to drop the word Sunshine when Carnival beat them to the punch and renamed Destiny to Sunshine for after its pending massive renovation and re-imagination.

Archived