Sunshine announcement

Kcjarvis

Thats what I thought... But in the Press release it says: "the first two" meaning there will be more than two.

There was an article a while ago about a subcontractor that got the bid for I beleive was air conditioning on the new ships, and it said it was for two ships in the contract with an option for two more at a later date!:D

Keith

So does this mean there isn't going to be an "oasis 3"? I heard rumours about that in addition to the now Quantum Class. I'll be very interested to check these new ships out. Maybe I can sneak in an oasis class cruise before the Quantum Inaugural.

So does this mean there isn't going to be an "oasis 3"? I heard rumours about that in addition to the now Quantum Class. I'll be very interested to check these new ships out. Maybe I can sneak in an oasis class cruise before the Quantum Inaugural.

Oasis 3 and 4 are on order from STX France. The Quantum Class ships are being built by Meyer Werft, in Germany. My understanding is that there are 2 on order and an option for two more of the Quantum Class ships.

Eric

OK...crossing fingers....2014 for the first NEW ship....2014 for the NEW Panama canel....2015....RCL will cruise out of California Again.....Just say'n and really Hoping!! :):):) Bring us one of the left over ships...we will love her as our own !

Mike

It is called the Sunshine class and you think there will be hardly any windows and balconies? I think they will throw in way more windows and balconies. People want a personal balcony and too be able to stare at the sea.

I do remember when it all first got started that they talked about them being smaller than the Allure and Oasis so that they could fit into European ports.

You didn't read the string of running jokes in the thread did you?

We were mocking that picture with the signatures all over it. However, explaining it takes the fun out of it.

Okay, we're up to six threads on the front page about this. Time for the moderators to merge and put them in the sticky..... I think we're going to be talking about this for a while to come.:rolleyes:

Good idea, but I think it would be better to make two threads -- one for Sunshine (Quantam, whatever) and a separate one for the new Oasis/Genesis Class ship. It will cut down on confusion, and quite frankly, not everyone is interested in both.

I think a Saturday Ship will come eventually to PC, maybe Oasis, when the 3rd one comes out, or maybe even the 3rd ship, like they did with Mariner. Carnival is running 3 ships at the moment, but are moving one away, PC has just become the 2nd busiest cruise port, need to make it #1

I agree, but am not sure our port is deep enough for the Oasis? And would probably need

a much bigger parking area (though many are not parking there any longer due to

the change in pricing).

The silhouette is quite interesting as well ...

low_1360074542_S697-Quantum-Steelcutting-DSC7392-.jpg

I'm intrigued as I don't see a truly defined Viking Crown Lounge looking structure on this rendering!! I really, really hope they are not doing away with is as that is one of my favorite spots onboard and a truly distinctive branding on RCCL ships.

I'm intrigued as I don't see a truly defined Viking Crown Lounge looking structure on this rendering!! I really, really hope they are not doing away with is as that is one of my favorite spots onboard and a truly distinctive branding on RCCL ships.

Perhaps they will do what P&O Cruises used to have on their ships and move the Viking Crown to the front of the ship. That would give some spectacular views.

Interesting analysis:

[ATTACH]259515[/ATTACH]

This is the photo released today.

[ATTACH]259516[/ATTACH]

This is a photo found by someone on CC. Notice the images do mirror each other. There looks to be a solarium at the front as well as in the middle of the shop.

[ATTACH]259517[/ATTACH]

The two solarium concept can be seen here. Notice forward pool and a mid pool is covered by glass.

Edit: Also found this.

na9a2y9u.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Maybe having more covered swimming areas will open up more sailings to cooler weather areas.....like Alaska or Europe. Or even the fall/winter months out of NJ!

I think that the Viking is still there midship. I am speculating that whatever makes the Quantum "Sunshine" is going to be attached to the back end of the Viking. Maybe even have stairs out the back of the Viking Deck into an enclosed glassed in area.

Archived