Pictures: Diamond Princess New Features for Japanese Market

Cruise Wonderland

Diamond Princess entered service again on 2nd Apr after her latest refurbishment at the drydock in Singapore. The first cruise is from Singapore to Yokohama, and after that she will be based in Yokohama as the homeport for the 2014 summer season, offering a number of new Japan itineraries.

When she arrived Hong Kong on 8th Apr, we are delighted to have the opportunity of touring the ship with her new features. The following are the pictures showing some areas that are just introduced or modified.

Also note that Diamond Princess has already changed her registry from Bermuda (Hamilton) to United Kingdom (London).

More pictures can be found on our Facebook page: Hong Kong Cruise Society. Enjoy!

IZUMI JAPANESE BATH

01.JPG

02.JPG

03.JPG

04.JPG

05.JPG

06.JPG

The floor plans on the Princess website seem to show the updates, but there is no International Cafe. Why would they do a big update like this and not add it I wonder? Are there any other Grand class ships without the cafe or is Diamond the only one?

The floor plans on the Princess website seem to show the updates, but there is no International Cafe. Why would they do a big update like this and not add it I wonder? Are there any other Grand class ships without the cafe or is Diamond the only one?

Perhaps they didn't feel it necessary for the Asian market.

Because whats good for us is not necessarily good for Asia. ;)

The Diamond was the first Princess ship we've ever been on in 2005 and have been "hooked" with Princess. We've been on her several times and I like the new look. Thanks for sharing!

Edited by Sincity

I think they just didn't have enough space to add the International Cafe... the juggling of the chapel/shore excursion desk/Internet Cafe/Calypso Cove didn't leave enough room on Plaza for the Cafe... you'll notice they don't call the main atrium the Piazza and no room for Vines either.