Pictures: Diamond Princess New Features for Japanese Market

Cruise Wonderland

Because whats good for us is not necessarily good for Asia. ;)

I understand there are differences in cultural things, but people need/want food options regardless of culture. Maybe they might have a slightly different food offering than the US based ships, but seems like a successful thing no matter who you are. Plus, the Sapphire has it and will be based in Asia. On our last Sapphire cruise a few months ago from California, there was a large Asian passenger base. They all seemed to be at the IC all the time. Of course, most of them probably lived here and not Asia.

I think they just didn't have enough space to add the International Cafe... the juggling of the chapel/shore excursion desk/Internet Cafe/Calypso Cove didn't leave enough room on Plaza for the Cafe... you'll notice they don't call the main atrium the Piazza and no room for Vines either.

The Sapphire is an identical ship and it had room for the upgrades including Alfredo's and vines. All those venue's you mentioned are not where the IC would be located.

I can maybe understand that the Asian market might not be too interested in Alfredo's or the wine bar, but just seems like the IC would be work for any culture.

The Sapphire is an identical ship and it had room for the upgrades including Alfredo's and vines. All those venue's you mentioned are not where the IC would be located.

I can maybe understand that the Asian market might not be too interested in Alfredo's or the wine bar, but just seems like the IC would be work for any culture.

Oh, I agree that the International Café would have been a welcome addition, but if you look at the deck plans, the Shore Excursion desk is where the IC has been traditionally placed. The Library, Future Cruise sales and Internet Café are where Alfredo's and Vines should be. They've added shopping venues and a new specialty restaurant and apparently ran out of room...

Oh, I agree that the International Café would have been a welcome addition, but if you look at the deck plans, the Shore Excursion desk is where the IC has been traditionally placed. The Library, Future Cruise sales and Internet Café are where Alfredo's and Vines should be. They've added shopping venues and a new specialty restaurant and apparently ran out of room...

Ah, right you are...shore excursion desk!

The upgrades are very beautiful to be sure, but I must admit I loved the old Diamond. Next to the Golden it is the Princess ship on which we have spent the most days and had some of our best cruising experiences. I sort of adored the Diamond just the way she was. I guess everything changes and the modifications are very shiny - just not my cup of tea.

Edited by karatemom2

Where is the coffee bar on the Diamond?

I'm seeing La Patisserie and Lobby Bar on the Plaza deck plans for Diamond P-- would you agree that this is where the coffee bar will be?

Edited by Alaskanb

Thanks for the photos & what an amazing transformation of the ship!

The Horizon Court renovation looks somewhat like on the Royal which we enjoyed very much & would be an improvement on other ships. The Kai Sushi restaurant appears to be where the large internet café was previously located & a better utilization of that space.

We're excited to be on this ship in September and are bemused that it's now registered in London! I've just asked my husband if he wants to dissolve our civil partnership and get married onboard - the laws have recently changed over here in the UK to include same sex marriage, but the government is still working out what to do with people in a civil partnership, so at the moment we're in a strange limbo state of not being able to get married unless we get divorced first! There's a public consultation going on at the moment, results are due later this year!

Hubby's answer was simply to quote Oscar Wilde - murder often, divorce never!

On another note, we also wonder how much the Japanese bath will cost and also if there's a charge for the sushi. We loved having a late afternoon sushi snack on the Celebrity Century which was simply part of the evening buffet. That meant we could see the entertainment first, then have a later dinner.

On another note, we also wonder how much the Japanese bath will cost and also if there's a charge for the sushi.

Alfredo's Pizzeria on the Sapphire has no charge & hopefully it's replacement Kai Sushi will also be a no charge restaurant.

Edited by Astro Flyer