3/4 Day Cruises from Vancouver to Los Angeles.

lovevacadays

One of my friends and I may book one of these cruises. The prices are great. She has family close by so we wouldn't have to pay for a hotel prior to the cruise. We would pay for airfare or use miles.

I would love to hear thoughts from those who have done the repositioning cruises. What might we expect if we decide to take advantage of the great cruise prices.

Vancouver is a great place to visit.I have taken a 3/4 trip up to Vancouver and thoroughly enjoyed,we stopped at Victoria on the way up and took a Princess tour which included Buchard Gardens plus afternoon tea there.Both were great.The coach toured around the city.Atmosphere on ship and weather was great . Plus you decide you have a wicked dollar exchange at the moment.Enjoy:D

Edited by kruisey

Michelle, I've taken a 2-day repositioning cruise from Vancouver to SF. Lots of new cruisers and family groups. Mine was quite different from the 3-4 day round trip CA coastal cruises I've taken.

If the price is right, I'd take it. Even a 4-day cruise is better than staying home. :)

When is the cruise?

Michelle, I've taken a 2-day repositioning cruise from Vancouver to SF. Lots of new cruisers and family groups. Mine was quite different from the 3-4 day round trip CA coastal cruises I've taken.

If the price is right, I'd take it. Even a 4-day cruise is better than staying home. :)

When is the cruise?

Pam, we were looking at one in November. 99.00 pp. Just looking at airfare so most likely changing our mind. We may plan for the one in September of 2016 so we can use miles for airfare. We'd love to visit Vancouver

See you Sunday.

Edited by MichelleinOC

One of my friends and I may book one of these cruises. The prices are great. She has family close by so we wouldn't have to pay for a hotel prior to the cruise. We would pay for airfare or use miles.

I would love to hear thoughts from those who have done the repositioning cruises. What might we expect if we decide to take advantage of the great cruise prices.

The biggest down side is it's over way too fast. As mentioned lots of new cruisers. I think they are a bit livelier crowd. Everyone is out to have a good time. Love the sea days and I always enjoyed the September cruise. I think the weather is nicer for sitting outside and watching the world go by. Vancouver is a great place to start or end a cruise.

I have been looking at those because we want to visit my husband's brother in Los Angeles. The airfare is quite high and the flight times are terrible on the return to Cleveland. I thought it might work out so much better if we fly to LA, take the cruise and then fly home from Vancouver. I haven't figured out a time to do it or if flights from Vancouver to Cleveland are any better. Some day I will get it right.

Pam, we were looking at one in November. 99.00 pp. Just looking at airfare so most likely changing our mind. We may plan for the one in September of 2016 so we can use miles for airfare. We'd love to visit Vancouver .

Why? I see $122 US$ one way LA to YVR middle of September. Wish I could have found a direct flight like that in March when we had to fly home to YVR from LAX. It was $430 one way then as it was the weekend that Spring Break ended in Vancouver.

<edit> Oops, assumed you were looking at September repositions, not the November or December reposition between LA and Vancouver that is available this year. Haven't checked flights for those dates.

Terry

Edited by AE_Collector

...I would love to hear thoughts from those who have done the repositioning cruises. What might we expect if we decide to take advantage of the great cruise prices.

I really like repo cruises; the only caveat I can think of is to check to see if it is during school holidays or being marketed to a party crowd. I recall a thread awhile back on which a poster mentioned their Vancouver to LA coastal was marketed by a TA as a party cruise, and passengers reflected that.

Edited by SoCal Cruiser78

we were looking at one in November. 99.00 pp. Just looking at airfare so most likely changing our mind. We may plan for the one in September of 2016 so we can use miles for airfare. We'd love to visit Vancouver

You might try looking at flights out of Bellingham (Both Allegiant Air and Alaska Airlines). The Quickshuttle leaves from Downtown Vancouver and stops at the Bellingham Airport.

Hi,

I couldn't resist the incredible prices and decided to book the 3-day cruise on the Crown Princess from Vancouver to Los Angeles (departing on September 20, 2015). In fact, I decided to splurge and book a mini-suite. I am going to spend the day prior to the cruise in Vancouver. I have spent time in Vancouver before past cruises and always greatly enjoyed the city. I was able to find very reasonable airfare on United (nonstop Chicago to Vancouver and nonstop Los Angeles to Chicago). Many years ago (September 1995), I did a similar cruise on Cunard's Sagafjord and the weather was very nice.

I prefer longer cruises, but this should be a nice break.

Chuck

Hi,

I was also lured by the cheap fares for the 9/20 Crown sailing. Although this will be my 21st cruise with Princess, I've never before taken such a short cruise, nor one of these coastal repositioning cruises. Does anyone know which day might offer the most scenic cruising? We're thinking about an ultimate balcony breakfast and/or dinner. Also, do they normally offer things like the Chef's Dinner on these short repositioning cruises? Or should I expect many of the offerings to be scaled back? Thanks!

We've started doing these as ways to rack up loyalty points, and also to become familiar with the different ships. Our first/only so far was a four night Alaska Sampler, Vancouver-Ketchikan-Seattle. It's somewhat silly to deal with embarkation for 2 hours (timed it wrong into Vancouver), to sail for ~36 hours so we can spend 9 hours in Ketchikan, only to sail ~36 hours back to Seattle. However it was a great way to get to know the Ruby, and I'm sure Princess is happy that we've decided to cruise the Ruby again (in five days, but who's counting?).

It's not an exact replica of the 7-day and longer cruises. Traditional dining seemed incredibly "loose", as progressively more people seemed to skip their assigned time as the cruise went on. They also didn't do the central luggage handling - probably won't need it on a two-night, but a four-night is enough that bags were a problem in elevators. You may also find that a lot of other passengers are bare-budget cruisers, as in the demographics seemed just a bit different than normal.

We're doing another, a one-nighter from Seattle to Vancouver, next month, and I've already researched options for next year.

Our first cruise was a 3 day repo from Vancouver to LA (before our cruise through the Panama Canal).

We met many Canadians who were aboard and they said it was cheaper for them to sail to LA than it was to fly!

The biggest down side is it's over way too fast. As mentioned lots of new cruisers. I think they are a bit livelier crowd. Everyone is out to have a good time. Love the sea days and I always enjoyed the September cruise. I think the weather is nicer for sitting outside and watching the world go by. Vancouver is a great place to start or end a cruise.

Anything under 10 goes by too fast. We have done a few 3 day repos in the past. Never anything less. I could not do them now. :eek:

Pam, we were looking at one in November. 99.00 pp. Just looking at airfare so most likely changing our mind. We may plan for the one in September of 2016 so we can use miles for airfare. We'd love to visit Vancouver

See you Sunday.

Michelle, flights are much cheaper in/out of Seattle or Bellingham, WA for Vancouver port. Try Allegiant Air Bellingham/LA (a few airports). Also bolt bus runs between Vancouver, Bellingham and Seattle. We do the Seattle/Vancouver one days all the time and live half way between the two, so we always have transportation issues to work out. Get creative!

See you Sunday.

We did the opposite direction in April. Check the Bolt Bus between Seattle and Vancouver. Saved a lot on airfare and the bus ride was pretty easy and inexpensive. Google Bolt Bus (maybe it is boltbus.com?) and then keep checking the reservation schedule morning and night. They didn't open up for booking until about two or three weeks before our sailing (and they book up fast!). As far as the cruise, hey, three nights and two days at sea, quick, but, fun! :cool:

Yeah, these 3-4 days repo cruise may be short but at $119 pp for a balcony room, what's not to like? I've done it three times so far and plan on going again next year at this price.

Exactly. And when you can whittle down the transportation costs to and from it is a great deal. :cool:

These are my husband's favorite cruises and we always try to build in time either in Seattle, Vancouver or LA to make it kind of a land/sea vacation.

We not only got a great price on a mini, we got an upsell to a suite for a reasonable price. This will be our first time so excited about that. For some reason the one-way airfares to Seattle were really inexpensive so this one week vacation is really quite reasonable.