USA Today Best Cruise Line Poll

AHS123

You may vote for your choice for best cruise line in the USA Today Poll. Carnival is currently in third place: http://www.10best.com/awards/travel/best-ocean-cruise-line/?CMPID=USAT-Cards&utm_source=feedblitz&utm_medium=FeedBlitzRss&utm_campaign=usatodaycomtravel-topstories

This is yet another worthless poll with no criteria on which to base a judgment and no consideration of comparable passenger populations.

This is yet another worthless poll with no criteria on which to base a judgment and no consideration of comparable passenger populations.

Correct, it is not a scientific poll, it's supposed to be FUN. They're voting wildly over on team Princess and have kicked Carnival to second place.

Edited by AHS123

Just voted, carnival still second.

And lots of people look at polls from us news. If carnival still stays up there I plan to use it to convince SIL into a girls cruise. She has never sailed carnival and tends to look down on it. Of course they pay way more for their inside Celebrity room than we do on our Carnival balcony.

I may give a poll like that some weight if it required people to have sailed multiple lines in order to have a basis for comparison, but how do you determine one is the "best" if its all you know?

I look at it like "what's your favorite color?" It's not like a cruise vacation poll determines which direction a nation is taking or any matter with heavy gravitas.

I voted for Carnival because of the five lines I have sailed it gives the most bang for the buck and it's not filled with pretentious middle class people with delusions of grandeur.

The majority of pax on every sailing are 1st time cruisers. Carnival carries more pax than any other cruise line. 1st time cruisers are awed by the experience and have nothing to compare it to. It makes sense to me that Carnival would rate at the top because many people who have only cruised Carnival will vote in the poll. I have cruised several different lines (36 cruises) and feel that Celebrity is my favorite followed by Princess. But it really doesn't mean much as everyone has different wants. :D:D

IMHO, this poll is not a good tool to determine what cruise lines are the best. To make this poll more balanced, they should use a formula based on each cruise line's size. It's a lot easier for Carnival to get 1,000 votes than for SeaDream Yacht Club (that has two 112 passenger ships) to get the same number of votes. Not surprisingly, all the large, major US cruise lines are at the top of the list.

Carnival should be expected to be #1 (or near the top) simply because of the number of passengers that sail on it, many who have never sailed on any other cruise line.

Edited by Tapi

I have been on 16 carnival cruises! just got off of my first free style cruise on the ncl dawn.:)

I voted ncl.:)

HA! I used to sail NCL all the time, until they went to all "Free Style" dining. Only sailed them once since.

I voted Carnival. :cool:

"SKY"