Caribbean 2018 Cruise

Coral

Hmm wonder if the full Caribbean itineraries for Ocotber will be open. I would assume that Royal and Regal will return to the Caribbean when they are done with Canada/New England. I was hoping that they would bring back that 14 day circle Caribbean cruise.......perhaps that will be done by either royal or regal? I guess we could always book one of these and then switch when/if more open up....we really loved the itinerary that they had for October 2017 on the circle cruise but we have plans already and cant do it....ugh

Thank you for posting! Caribbean Princess looks to be staying in FLL (just my assumption based on the schedule posted above) which is good news - we're hoping it stays there and they will schedule some Panama Canal cruises in late 2018/early 2019 from FLL with that ship. :)

Edited by joepeka

Hmm wonder if the full Caribbean itineraries for Ocotber will be open. I would assume that Royal and Regal will return to the Caribbean when they are done with Canada/New England. I was hoping that they would bring back that 14 day circle Caribbean cruise.......perhaps that will be done by either royal or regal? I guess we could always book one of these and then switch when/if more open up....we really loved the itinerary that they had for October 2017 on the circle cruise but we have plans already and cant do it....ugh

I am very sure Caribbean is going to do the 14 nighters after her final 10 night run in October, I could imagine Royal is going to do the 10 night sailings again than.

The longer 14 night cruises seem to be planned for the winter season November - April.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks...what a bummer we really needed to go in October. November is too close to the holidays and such and on our 1st cruise to the Caribbean in October the weather was fantastic. The last time we went in March water was a bit cool for us not as warm as I remember in October. hmmm just saw the schedule for ca/ne and see that both royal and regal are there till end of October so they for sure wont be there in October.

I'm happy to see Princess is bringing back summer Caribbean cruises. Another line to chose from for cruises between June-August with the kids summer vacation. Not liking the eastern Caribbean. Wish they had the southern itinerary in July and August.

Well I looked at all the schedules Coral put out and it looks like we will need to do a 14 day that is a b2b one and returns to Florida if we want to go between August and October as it looks like all the other ships are in other ports and no way for them to get there in October. Bummer that princess threw out a couple 14 day circle cruises in 2017 and early 2018 but then didn't stick with them. According to other threads they were well accepted...they went to more southern and exotic Caribbean ports...oh well at least we found a 14 day one we like and while some ports are repeats they are ports we love so it isn't that bad...and hey a repeated port is better than a day at work! :D

Looks like Princess will have Caribbean cruises in the summer of 2018, they don't have them for summer of 2017.

I am wondering if it would be too hot in summer to be in the Caribbean?

IMO, yes. We went on a Western Caribbean in early August in 2014 and I said never again. The humidity was higher that what I have experienced in March (Our favorite time to go to the Caribbean), and the Trade Winds did not blow a nice cooling breeze. It was still a nice cruise, but not one of my favorites.

Also, hurricane season officially begins in June, and runs until the end of November.

Ah to me that sounds perfect. We went in March in 2014 and 2015 and felt the water to cool for my liking. We are beach goers and I tend to get cold easily...so if I am going to be in swimsuits, tanks, shorts and such I want it hot! In March 2014 we were chased back to the ship by a ginormous storm in Cozumel that came from nowhere. Suddenly the skies were black and rain was coming sideways.......it was cold and stinging......our party and others were actually running back to the ship for cover. It was the weirdest thing.

Caribbean Princess does the full 14 day Caribbean trips later this year into March. I think they do it again in 2018. We do this 14 day trip on the Celebrity Eclipse & love it. I'll wait for reviews about the Princess trips & maybe make some plans.