Miami dropped from 10/28 anthem sailing?

Maraprince

I wonder if that is even possible on a 7 day sailing from NJ.:confused:

I did a quick search on a TA website and Anthem does not make any calls on Miami either for the short 7 day cruises or the longer ones.

I suppose if they cancelled 2 of the 3 port stops they could do Miami and one other on the 7 day cruise.

I suppose if they cancelled 2 of the 3 port stops they could do Miami and one other on the 7 day cruise.

Sorry if I was not clear, I meant logistically the ship is not fast enough to get to 4 ports and back to NJ in 7 days.

Biker, who thinks the Miami listing was a typo from the get go.

Sorry if I was not clear, I meant logistically the ship is not fast enough to get to 4 ports and back to NJ in 7 days.

Biker, who thinks the Miami listing was a typo from the get go.

She might be able to do it but the port stops would be an hour or so.:eek: And probably one could be in the middle of the night. Agree with the typo from the get go.

If you go back 2 years to many Quantum discussions regarding the 7&8 day Bahama itineraries as well as the new Miami pier announcement threads, there was discussion that Q Class couldn't even get into the Miami basin anyways (length of the ship?), and it was mentioned on the Capt. Corner as well

there was discussion that Q Class couldn't even get into the Miami basin anyways (length of the ship?), and it was mentioned on the Capt. Corner as well

The NCL Escape is about he same length (about 60 ft shorter) and sails from Miami. Symphony will likely sail from there (about 50 ft longer than Anthem) and there has been no talk of it not fitting in the basin (just needing a new terminal).

The NCL Escape is about he same length (about 60 ft shorter) and sails from Miami. Symphony will likely sail from there (about 50 ft longer than Anthem) and there has been no talk of it not fitting in the basin (just needing a new terminal).

Yup, I'm wrong. I guess I lumped Q Class into the Oasis/MSC Seaside discussion. I tried to find a couple of those old Miami expansion threads but don't have the time or energy. But I did find quickly that the Anthem Jan 19th sailing is still including both Port Canaveral and Miami as ports of call on a 9 night Bahama sailing.... I didn't know that. :)

Oasis class ships will turn in front of zhe container terminal and not go down to the turning basin. Quantum class have to do this as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

But that 60 feet might push it too close as a safety issue. I'm sure it's written somewhere in Port Rules. Maybe the Chief knows...

Actually, if Freedom uses the basin, then it's even less than that - Quantum is only about 25 longer than Freedom.

Count me as another who never saw Miami listed as a port stop for this sailing. I booked it on July 8, 2016, and as of that time (according to my booking confirmation) the ports were Port Canaveral (10/30: 12:00 PM - 9:30 PM), Coco Cay (10/31: 9:30 AM - 5:00 PM), and Nassau (11/1: 7:00 AM - 6:00 PM).

Then I don't see why Quantum can't as well - I kind of doubt an extra 60 ft (out of over 1000ft) would a make a diff.

It does not matter as all ships can turn outside at the container terminals and go in backwards. The new Royal terminal will be so far out that the turning basin will not be used anyway.

Anthem is able to dock in Miami but might be too long for the turning basin. Escape is higher but not longer or wider than Getaway and shorter than MSC Divina and Freedom class who all can use the turning basin. 60 foot more from Anthem indeed make the difference.

It does not matter as all ships can turn outside at the container terminals and go in backwards. The new Royal terminal will be so far out that the turning basin will not be used anyway. Anthem is able to dock in Miami but might be too long for the turning basin. Escape is higher but not longer or wider than Getaway and shorter than MSC Divina and Freedom class who all can use the turning basin. 60 foot more from Anthem indeed make the difference.

Thank you!

It does not matter as all ships can turn outside at the container terminals and go in backwards. The new Royal terminal will be so far out that the turning basin will not be used anyway.

So, then, Anthem and Symphony will not use the basin because alternate simpler logistics are available, not because they are too long. Got it.