Meet & Mingle on NCL

JMS52

I am organizing the M&M & Cabin Crawl. NCL confirmed the date, time & place for the M&M. I'm looking for any suggestions for Name Tags and any other ideas to making this a very fun M&M & Cabin Crawl. I have created invitations to deliver to everyone's room the night before. I emailed the NCL's rep. was told I needed to check with the rep. on the ship. Don't want to wait until then to plan this. Please any suggestions will be appreciated.

It all depends on how far you want to go - we had one organizer one time who went all out and had customized name tags ready for us (of course I think they owned a printing company) whereas I have used surplus mismatched "Hello My Name Is" ones from the office junk drawer.

When I have organized the roll call I usually try to be at the door early and greet folks and then once everyone has arrived, if the ships folks aren't there yet, I introduce myself, talk about the great friendships both virtual and face to face that have resulted through Cruise Critic and then have everyone go around and introduce themselves. If you have groups who have put together private tours, the M&G is a good chance for a last minute addition. Same thing goes for Cabin Crawl or Slot Pulls. Mostly, it is just a time to let everyone see each other face to face so that when you run into them later on the cruise you can say hello. Depending on how active your roll call is, you might want to consider a gift exchange - this can be fun but often only half or so of the roll call group participates.

The last three M&Gs I have attended NCL furnished the Name tags and a form to fill in with email data

Optional info cabin number etc.

Suggestion when writing your name on the tag (USE FIRST NAMEs ONLY) -*- add your Cruise Critic

handle which sparks additional discussion mine is (don't-use-real-name [abbreviated to DURN] )

Have any questions about anything other than politics and sex - Ask away !

Religion is fair game if inquiring about services a chapel

This is the time if having trouble booking a restaurant reservation - need help with a shore excursion -

boarding disembarking tendering - access to ship areas (behind scenes tour & galley) - special requests -

help with UBP SDS Internet - dress codes - etc. Generally there is a representative from each of the

main departments to field the questions.

Note if you have a group other than CC that needs a gathering place or tending priority disembarking THIS

is the time to get it done if you have not done something earlier. I had a party of 9 doing a private shore

excursion and the Concierge provided each of my group with a priority pass to leave the ship timely to

meet the tour guide. Need something - ask about it. AND due to security concerns "Bridge Tours" are

off limits - but you can ask away !

Hint for the CC organizer of the M&G - make the time date and place frequently noted with directions decks

maps and active use of this Forum. It is OK to arrive late but one will have missed the important part of the

introduction of the staff and perhaps timely asking of questions and of course meeting fellow CC participants !

It is common for NCL to provide refreshments - coffee - tea - juice - sweet rolls - bagels - and the fabulous -

wait for it: - - - drum roll - - - Water !

Please participate - when the crew outnumbers the CC roll call attendees it is embarrassing !

The last three M&Gs I have attended NCL furnished the Name tags and a form to fill in with email data

Optional info cabin number etc.

Suggestion when writing your name on the tag (USE FIRST NAMEs ONLY) -*- add your Cruise Critic

handle which sparks additional discussion mine is (don't-use-real-name [abbreviated to DURN] )

Have any questions about anything other than politics and sex - Ask away !

Religion is fair game if inquiring about services a chapel

This is the time if having trouble booking a restaurant reservation - need help with a shore excursion -

boarding disembarking tendering - access to ship areas (behind scenes tour & galley) - special requests -

help with UBP SDS Internet - dress codes - etc. Generally there is a representative from each of the

main departments to field the questions.

Note if you have a group other than CC that needs a gathering place or tending priority disembarking THIS

is the time to get it done if you have not done something earlier. I had a party of 9 doing a private shore

excursion and the Concierge provided each of my group with a priority pass to leave the ship timely to

meet the tour guide. Need something - ask about it. AND due to security concerns "Bridge Tours" are

off limits - but you can ask away !

Hint for the CC organizer of the M&G - make the time date and place frequently noted with directions decks

maps and active use of this Forum. It is OK to arrive late but one will have missed the important part of the

introduction of the staff and perhaps timely asking of questions and of course meeting fellow CC participants !

It is common for NCL to provide refreshments - coffee - tea - juice - sweet rolls - bagels - and the fabulous -

wait for it: - - - drum roll - - - Water !

Please participate - when the crew outnumbers the CC roll call attendees it is embarrassing !

Well said!

I have my artist make up name tags w/the Cruise Critic logo & NCL logo

(one on top - other on bottom) Put the cruiser's real first name and their

CC name on the name badge.

I also request cabin numbers for 2 reasons: 1: Venue can be changed at

last minute (it has happened to me) and also folks FORGET once they

are on board when the M&M meeting is. I make up envelopes w/a note

w/details of the meeting.

Once I board I meet w/the ship's Meeting coordinator & hand her the

envelopes for the staff to deliver to each cabin.

I always bring thank you notes and nice small chocolates for the officers. And giveaways for the attendees (highlighters, glow sticks, blinky rings, temporary pirate tattoos, bendy straws, drink umbrellas, etc.). Sometimes I'll do little contests (who's had the most cruises, who traveled the furthest, who can name the captain) and giveaway previously won NCL stuff (hard to get them to donate!) like wine bottle openers, playing cards, etc.

I like to prepare the name tags in advance; then I know who doesn't show up.

A note from my cruise last week: if NCL changes your venue, put a sign at the old venue so folks will know where the M&G is actually happening. We had some folks who didn't check the boards in the last few days before the cruise and went to the wrong venue.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have hosted and also attended M&Gs but this time the roll call is so very small (Epic-Europe). We do not wish to host as we are celebrating our anniversary and want to be lazy - just show up at the party. No one is seems interested in organizing the M&G either. Any other European travelers ever have this happen?

On one cruise one person volunteered to make name tags. We also used the my name is tags. I brought paper and crayons to keep young hands busy as we invited kids to come and I had something for them to do plus gifts for the kids. The person who organized the cabin crawl went aft to forward on the ship. The ones who took the stairs waited for the ones in the elevator on each floor. We had a great time!

I am hosting the meet and greet/mingle next week on the pearl. I made an account on gmail for people to mail me their real name and cabin number - that way I could make invitations and name tags (I put them in the invitations), and it kept that info of a public forum. I did not get super fancy - I purchased blank cards and name tags at Hobby Lobby.

I purchased a small door price, and 1 have one prize for who has cruised the most. The purchase prize was less than $10 and the cruised the most prize was free via shutterfly.

I also tried to be a little more vocal on the roll call answering questions when I could and putting countdowns more often.

Please note though, that no matter what you do - there will be someone who does not like the way you have done it and will complain. I let it bother me at first, but now I decided that since I followed EXACTLY what rules cruise critic set up on how to do this, that it is not my problem.

This was my first time setting it up, and I have really enjoyed it - if you are thinking of doing one, I would encourage you to go ahead of do it.

I am organizing the M&M & Cabin Crawl. NCL confirmed the date, time & place for the M&M. I'm looking for any suggestions for Name Tags and any other ideas to making this a very fun M&M & Cabin Crawl. I have created invitations to deliver to everyone's room the night before. I emailed the NCL's rep. was told I needed to check with the rep. on the ship. Don't want to wait until then to plan this. Please any suggestions will be appreciated.

Most everything you want to know about a NCL Meet and Greet is on this link:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/rollcall/cruiselinel2.cfm?cruiselineid=24

Start with

Meet & Mingle Online Before Your Cruise.

Join the discussions on your Norwegian Cruise Line ROLL CALL before your cruise

to find out who you'll be sailing with.

Don't just go for the free refreshments.

Also don't spend all of your time sitting at a table like you are watching a show.

If you are not interested in meeting others, this event is not for you.

I hosted once, and attended many times. The more time you spend planning, the better the M&G. I bought tags and printed them myself, but if there are tags available from NCL, I would use those. I had some games planned, a gift exchange (mildly successful), a cabin crawl and slot pull. It went well and my DH even got involved. However, not sure I would organize it again as it was a lot of work. I was lucky as my fellow cruisers got into it and most were fun. The suggestion to use the screen name is a great idea. It was a help at the M&G. Games are a good way to break the ice and get people involved. Most of all, have fun.

I hosted once, and attended many times. The more time you spend planning, the better the M&G. I bought tags and printed them myself, but if there are tags available from NCL, I would use those. I had some games planned, a gift exchange (mildly successful), a cabin crawl and slot pull. It went well and my DH even got involved. However, not sure I would organize it again as it was a lot of work. I was lucky as my fellow cruisers got into it and most were fun. The suggestion to use the screen name is a great idea. It was a help at the M&G. Games are a good way to break the ice and get people involved.

Most of all, have fun.

Nice post.

I thought NCL calls them Meet 'n Greet, and that another cruise line uses Meet 'n Mingle. No?

I could be off base, but I'd hate to see another cruise line's terminology put on nametags and such. LOL!

It is confusing. Cruise Critic calls it Meet & Mingle being this is a Cruise Critic party, it just happens to be on NCL. I thought it should be called M & M. Thanks

I have my artist make up name tags w/the Cruise Critic logo & NCL logo

(one on top - other on bottom) Put the cruiser's real first name and their

CC name on the name badge.

I also request cabin numbers for 2 reasons: 1: Venue can be changed at

last minute (it has happened to me) and also folks FORGET once they

are on board when the M&M meeting is. I make up envelopes w/a note

w/details of the meeting.

Once I board I meet w/the ship's Meeting coordinator & hand her the

envelopes for the staff to deliver to each cabin.

I was told by the NCL rep that they charge for the delivery of the Invitations, so I plan to deliver them myself. Thanks for the suggestion of contacting the ship's Meeting coordinator. To bad I can contact them before we board.

We have hosted and also attended M&Gs but this time the roll call is so very small (Epic-Europe). We do not wish to host as we are celebrating our anniversary and want to be lazy - just show up at the party. No one is seems interested in organizing the M&G either. Any other European travelers ever have this happen?

It is very common for European cruises not to have enough people on the roll call for a M&G. In my experience it's been about 50:50. Our upcoming Spirit cruise has a very active roll call, but that is the exception in my opinion.

The one which usually does have enough is the Epic. I think that there has been one on every one of our Epic cruises. It may depend a bit on the timing though, as all of our Epic cruises have been at the same time of the year.

It is very common for European cruises not to have enough people on the roll call for a M&G. In my experience it's been about 50:50. Our upcoming Spirit cruise has a very active roll call, but that is the exception in my opinion.

The one which usually does have enough is the Epic. I think that there has been one on every one of our Epic cruises. It may depend a bit on the timing though, as all of our Epic cruises have been at the same time of the year.

Thanks - I will do a wait and see.

I am hosting the meet and greet/mingle next week on the pearl. I made an account on gmail for people to mail me their real name and cabin number - that way I could make invitations and name tags (I put them in the invitations), and it kept that info of a public forum. I did not get super fancy - I purchased blank cards and name tags at Hobby Lobby.

I purchased a small door price, and 1 have one prize for who has cruised the most. The purchase prize was less than $10 and the cruised the most prize was free via

shutterfly.

I also tried to be a little more vocal on the roll call answering questions when I could and putting countdowns more often.

Please note though, that no matter what you do - there will be someone who does not like the way you have done it and will complain. I let it bother me at first, but now I decided that since I followed EXACTLY what rules cruise critic set up on how to do this, that it is not my problem.

This was my first time setting it up, and I have really enjoyed it - if you are thinking of doing one, I would encourage you to go ahead of do it.

I Feel a Cruise Critic Meet & Greet's should be kept on Cruise Critic. :)

I will not do,

G-mail

Google spread sheet's

Fedbook

ETC.

NCL invites ALL Cruise Critic Member's

Even if one did not join " Roll Call's "

I Feel a Cruise Critic Meet & Greet's should be kept on Cruise Critic.

I will not do,

G-mail

Google spread sheet's

Facebook

ETC.

NCL invites ALL Cruise Critic Member's

Even if one did not join "Roll Call's "

NCL will do an obligatory “Meet and Greet” event.

However, if you let NCL personnel take over, don’t expect much.

On our last cruise, the event was held in a (unused) restaurant at 10 a.m..

Staff handed out name tags with first names only (no CC sign in names).

Pax (about 40?) were offered punch and cookies, then sat dispersed at tables.

The head of our on-line Cruise Critic Roll-Call introduced herself,

then the staff of the ship took over. (She said this is what NCL wants).

When they, the NCL staff, were done with their obligatory shpiel (look it up),

and distributed a card with their phone contact numbers, the M&G was over.

I heard people from the back tables ask, “Is that all there is?”

Then they said, “That was a waste of time.”

Please:

Get up and take time to Meet and Greet the people you have been with on your Cruise Critic Roll-Call.

This is also the time to coordinate other events like LCR games or teams for Trivia.

NCL will not do this for you.

Edited by $hip$hape

A M&G isn't over 'til it's over.

I like that the ship's officers frequently attend.

But the M&G only ends when they leave if the attendees want it to; folks can always hang around and chat.

Exactly !

Hang around and chat.

The Officers should not be the main attraction.

People, the M&G is not like watching a show;

if you do not get involved you are "missing the boat" !

Do you know how

many NCL staff attend? I know nowhere does it say they will attend, however, I got small thank- you gifts/cards for them and want to make sure I have enough.

Thanks in advance for any help in this answer.