Can you take wine on Royal Carribean cruises?

This may be already out there, We are going on a cruise April 2017. Can we take wine with us? Is there a uncorking fee if we take to the dining room? or have they gotten rid of that.

Last time we were on the RCCL, you could take 2 bottles per cabin onto the ship and also no corkage fee if brought to the MDR.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you are two families booked into a Royal Family suite can you bring 2 bottles per family? It is booked under 2 separate reservation numbers.

Just wondering.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

If you embarked at slightly diferent times with diferent bookings - how would they know?

If you are two families booked into a Royal Family suite can you bring 2 bottles per family? It is booked under 2 separate reservation numbers.

Just wondering.

No as it based on two per stateroom. But as mentioned, with separate reservation numbers you would probably be OK.

Sometimes they log the number of bottles by stateroom.

Bob - where do they log the bottles?

Many years ago DH and I were on a verrrryyyy long cruise from Australia and more recently from Chile - and we stood in different lines to go thru security.

Now we discuss if we will or won't bring a bottle (or two.) We usually just wait to have cocktails or wine in the evening in the CL or DL - and carry to dinner.

Bob - where do they log the bottles?

Many years ago DH and I were on a verrrryyyy long cruise from Australia and more recently from Chile - and we stood in different lines to go thru security.

Now we discuss if we will or won't bring a bottle (or two.) We usually just wait to have cocktails or wine in the evening in the CL or DL - and carry to dinner.

Inconsistent. It's happened to us at Port Everglades once. Anyone who had wine was directed to a table where they were logging number of bottles vs stateroom number. I've also read reports that it's happened at Galveston.

Just got on Anthem and when passing thru security they didn't know which cabin we were in and didn't ask about the wine at all.

Also we were in a specialty restaurant and took the unfinished bottle back to the cabin for the next day.

Just wondering.

the cabin is one cabin so officially no. only you can decide how much you are willing to bend the rules

Inconsistent. It's happened to us at Port Everglades once. Anyone who had wine was directed to a table where they were logging number of bottles vs stateroom number. I've also read reports that it's happened at Galveston.

Agree. The last time we embarked at Seattle we were directed by security to check in with the RCI staff member that was logging in wine. This was the one and only time for us. However we just walked right by the table and proceeded with the check-in procedures. :D

They allow you to bring wine onboard???? OMG!!! Someone needs to get the word out! Why haven't I heard about this before??? Next thing I know, someone will say we can bring water on board, too. :p

Bonus also you can take your bottle to any specialty restaurant also. Just make sure they clearly mark your bottles with your cabin number. I kept ending up with the wrong bottle when we moved from the mdr to specialty.

Loved this! Made all the difference in the meals last year...both specialty and MDR.

Ours were logged once. It was during the spring break travel timeframe, and I think that was the reason for the special attention to carry on beverage on that cruise. They were even checking and logging water bottles, etc. at the table at security check point.

Very happily, I've brought wine on twice now... and when traveling with friends, and family, everyone was bringing two bottles - and we had plenty for the entire week. I've heard that Baltimore is very strict with the "per stateroom", but when we went out of Boston, I wound up in a different security line than my husband - and I could easily have also had wine in my carry-on, and they wouldn't know.

Don't abuse the system, though, we want this to stay as a perk!

If someone is flying in the day of embarkation with wine in checked bag (only option, of course), do we have to them rummage through our bags to remove, then place bottles in carry on?

No, Royal allows wine to be brought onboard in checked bags. Your bags may be delayed at security. If so, you will get a message to come down to security and open your bag for inspection.

Very happily, I've brought wine on twice now... and when traveling with friends, and family, everyone was bringing two bottles - and we had plenty for the entire week. I've heard that Baltimore is very strict with the "per stateroom", but when we went out of Boston, I wound up in a different security line than my husband - and I could easily have also had wine in my carry-on, and they wouldn't know.

Don't abuse the system, though, we want this to stay as a perk!

Baltimore was NOT strict at all when we cruised over Christmas.:D My husband went through one scanning line and I went through another. He had two bottles in his backpack and I had two bottles plus two large bottles of water in my carry-on.

In fact, I can't remember the last time security asked to search my bag to check the wine or water bottles I had. I could easily have poured alcohol into my wine or water bottle. No one seems to care anymore.

Sherri:)