50th Cruise - invitation to the Bridge

grumpybear

Hi All,

Hoping you can all help me. I have heard on here a little while ago that on your 50th cruise with Princess you get an invitation to the Bridge. Is this still the case? And, do they count P&O Australia (it is counted for my elite status and also my "extra loyalty onboard credits").

Thanks in advance

:cool:

I wrote a letter to the captain a few years ago as we were bringing our friends in their first cruise and our daughter was with us who was and engineering student. I mentioned those two facts on my letter. I heard back the next day and was invited to the bridge with about 4 others amid tight security. It was a great visit. Since the. I have worked on cruise ships and had to visit the bridge often. Still love going there

Terry

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On my 50th cruise, my husband and I received an invitation to visit the bridge. It was arranged through the Circle Hostess, Melissa. There were eight of us in total. One couple was on their honeymoon. The view was amazing.

Princess goes by the number of cruise credits, not by the number of cruises, to determine the 50th cruise. Your name is on a "VIP" list, which is provided to the Circle Host. In addition to the bridge tour, we received flowers champagne, chocolate strawberries, a deluxe cheese platter, 50th anniversary pins, and special recognition at the past passenger party.

My recent Christmas cruise on the Grand was both my 50th cruise and 75 cruise credit. Lot s of goodies including a Bridge invite but not sure which earned me that.

Actually missed it as I was on the Ultimate ship tour so did make it anyway. lol

Thanks everyone for your help. I had written to the captain previously. It was in Dec 2016, just after we had got back from the U.K. as my husband had received a very special award at Buckingham Palace where we both met the Queen - a once in a lifetime event. I thought in saying why he was awarded (his many many years of service to Royal Life Saving) that it may have been given an invite. But unfortunately not!

I do know about the credits and am currently sitting on 47 credits - have two more princess cruises booked, which will take us up to 49, but i saw a P&O cruise for good value - i might just wait it out to get the 50th and see what happens.

Thanks again

• 5 months later...

You should know that there have been changes to the recognition of your 50th cruise point. I was on the Caribbean Princess in April, on my 49th Princess cruise point. I went to the CC host and asked what I could expect on my next cruise to recognize me on my 50th. He said that it depended on the ship (could be flowers, canapés, trip to the bridge, etc). I embarked on my 50th on July 13, and heard nothing from the CC hostess, so I paid her a visit and asked. She apologetically told me that the rules had changed on June 1. Instead of recognizing a passenger on their 50th cruise point, it has been changed to a recognition on your 500th day. So, since I had "only" 431 days, I was told that I would get no special "longevity" recognition on that 50th cruise. Just have to keep cruising Princess to get what had been known as the 50th perks and now is given to a passenger at 500 days.

We are closing on 50 cruise credits and 750 cruise days. We will hit both next year, but on different trips. On my upcoming cruise, I plan to talk to the CC Host to see what we can hope for when we reach either or both. I will probably visit the CC Host each cruise until we have hit both

I can't believe it. After taking 49 cruises, not credits, and sailing over 600 days, I will get nothing on my next cruise. We have extra

credits with suites but was told by the CC it didn't count and we

would have to wait until out 50th cruise. Now they change the

rules again. After this cruise, that will be the end with Princess

as our go to cruise line. We have taken another line which we

enjoyed, but loved Princess for the perts. Sorry if I vented, but I

am so upset as we were so looking forward to the celebration.

You should know that there have been changes to the recognition of your 50th cruise point. I was on the Caribbean Princess in April, on my 49th Princess cruise point. I went to the CC host and asked what I could expect on my next cruise to recognize me on my 50th. He said that it depended on the ship (could be flowers, canapés, trip to the bridge, etc). I embarked on my 50th on July 13, and heard nothing from the CC hostess, so I paid her a visit and asked. She apologetically told me that the rules had changed on June 1. Instead of recognizing a passenger on their 50th cruise point, it has been changed to a recognition on your 500th day. So, since I had "only" 431 days, I was told that I would get no special "longevity" recognition on that 50th cruise. Just have to keep cruising Princess to get what had been known as the 50th perks and now is given to a passenger at 500 days.

I only wish they would publish their information about those perks so everyone could plan accordingly.

As it is now it seems to be word of mouth only. :mad:

Did she mention what the recognition schedule is for future days cruised. ie. 500, 600, 700 days?

I only wish they would publish their information about those perks so everyone could plan accordingly.

As it is now it seems to be word of mouth only. :mad:

It would be good for them to disclose in writing the extra benefits & qualifications. Now such things as this & other things such as MTP events & Loyalty credits are word of mouth only. I see no reason for the secrecy of these programs which should be clearly stated & implemented the same way fleetwide.

After sailing our booked cruises we'll be 50 days or 10 cruises short of those extra benefits. So we're better off with it being based on days but they should have a procedure for passengers such as bcnvcanada.

I've read posts that state Princess is changing some benefits qualifications procedures. Determing who is invited to the MTP event or the top 3 repeat passengers have always been based on days. However several reports are that it will now be based solely on days sailed on Princess & not days on other cruise lines such as P&O. Those days will continue to be used for Captain's Circle levels but not the MTP event & top 3 repeat passengers. Having read posts from passengers who qualified on their first Princess cruise based on their P&O cruises is not how passengers should qualify for these extra benefits.

Edited by Astro Flyer

It would be good for them to disclose in writing the extra benefits & qualifications. Now such things as this & other things such as MTP events & Loyalty credits are word of mouth only. I see no reason for the secrecy of these programs which should be clearly stated & implemented the same way fleetwide.

After sailing our booked cruises we'll be 50 days or 10 cruises short of those extra benefits. So we're better off with it being based on days but they should have a procedure for passengers such as bcnvcanada.

I've read posts that state Princess is changing some benefits qualifications procedures. Determing who is invited to the MTP event or the top 3 repeat passengers have always been based on days. However several reports are that it will now be based solely on days sailed on Princess & not days on other cruise lines such as P&O. Those days will continue to be used for Captain's Circle levels but not the MTP event & top 3 repeat passengers. Having read posts from passengers who qualified on their first Princess cruise based on their P&O cruises is not how passengers should qualify for these extra benefits.

Regarding loyalty OBC I have seen this information in writing in a pamphlet on the Captain's Circle Desk.

The top 40 Most Traveled Passenger program is counted in days on board. It was recently changed to include only days sailed on Princess Cruise Lines. I have not seen this in writing, but was told this information by the Captain's Circle host on our last cruise. Days sailed on P&O are counted toward Captain's Circle status, but are no longer counted for the MTP program.

Regarding loyalty OBC I have seen this information in writing in a pamphlet on the Captain's Circle Desk.

The top 40 Most Traveled Passenger program is counted in days on board. It was recently changed to include only days sailed on Princess Cruise Lines. I have not seen this in writing, but was told this information by the Captain's Circle host on our last cruise. Days sailed on P&O are counted toward Captain's Circle status, but are no longer counted for the MTP program.

All this seem very secretive. Only those who question the program can be made aware of the requirements.;)

Seems like the initial formulation of perks was intended to promote patronage Princess cruises, but its ongoing update, if published, tends to discourage it now.

Thanks...on our next cruise will ask the Captain's Circle rep for the Loyalty OBC pamphlet. I had only seen the information in a post from a TA course PDF.

Would it be possible to post it?

I had to search online to find the link to the Princess Academy Captain's Circle course information from July 2013.

http://www.princess.com/pdf/academy/courses/Course-2.pdf

On pages 36 & 37 the MTP event & Loyalty OBC are discussed. It only gives one example of the amount & here's the widely accepted levels posted on this forum.

It's OBC from Princess. You receive $25 on your 21st cruise or cruise credit, whichever comes first. You'll get a card in your cabin. You only get one per cabin even if both passengers have reached that number of cruise credits.

21 to 31 is $25

32 to 41 is $50

42 to 51 is $75

52+ is $100

I had to search online to find the link to the Princess Academy Captain's Circle course information from July 2013.

http://www.princess.com/pdf/academy/courses/Course-2.pdf

On pages 36 & 37 the MTP event & Loyalty OBC are discussed. It only gives one example of the amount & here's the widely accepted levels posted on this forum.

Thanks for the .pdf. I knew the dollars per level but I haven't seen it in print in a long time.