Does anyone know when the Emerald will have a dry dock?

1emerald1

The last dry dock was November 2015 and it seems they have one every three years or so. I have gone through the Emerald's schedule from Sept 2018 through May 2019 and do not see any break in sailings where one could assume a dry dock has been scheduled.

March 26, 2019 Emerald sails a three day San Pedro to Vancouver coastal cruise.

Next scheduled sailing is April 11, 2019 seven day Wine Country Coastal Vancouver to San Pedro. Followed by Emerald's--and Princess Cruises'--first ever west-to-east full transit of the new locks.

So there's your break. Thirteen nights presumably in Vancouver dry dock. Fits perfectly in average interval of three and a half years between.

Remember that google site that is frequently linked to from here is essentially a "fan page" that is unofficial, riddled with typos and seemingly updated a lot less lately. Caveat emptor.

Next scheduled sailing is April 11, 2019 seven day Wine Country Coastal Vancouver to San Pedro.

So there's your gap. Thirteen nights presumably in Vancouver dry dock. Fits perfectly in average interval of three and a half years between.

Remember that google site that is frequently linked to from here is essentially a "fan page" that is unofficial, riddled with typos and seemingly updated a lot less lately. Caveat emptor.

Thank you! I missed that, rats, I'm going on the 2/24/2019 Hawaiian and will miss out on the dry dock prior to my cruise.

Next scheduled sailing is April 11, 2019 seven day Wine Country Coastal Vancouver to San Pedro. Followed by Emerald's--and Princess Cruises'--first ever west-to-east full transit of the new locks.

So there's your break. Thirteen nights presumably in Vancouver dry dock. Fits perfectly in average interval of three and a half years between.

Actually, since the Emerald is only coming up on 11 years old, she only needs to drydock every five years, with a mid-period underwater inspection, until she turns 15. The fact that she has done one dock after 5 years, and then one at three years (the mid-period is required to be 2.5 years +- 6 months), means that she should have docked again in 2017 (ten years old), unless they credited the 2015 docking as a "docking for credit" to shift the 5 year span. Even then, a docking in March 2019 is pushing the mid-period from the 2015 yard, as 3.5 years is too long, unless they have done the underwater inspection already and either found a problem, or just couldn't fit the schedule for the ship or the yard until March.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I believe she will go into dry dock in Victoria BC. I saw it posted on a schedule somewhere, but I can't find that site now, but it does make sense.

Sure seems like it. So, the next question is, other than the very important "invisible" maint. issues, any likely truthful rumors to any forward (i.e passenger) facing updates? I suspect new carpeting, but beds? maybe *****? others?

Sure seems like it. So, the next question is, other than the very important "invisible" maint. issues, any likely truthful rumors to any forward (i.e passenger) facing updates? I suspect new carpeting, but beds? maybe *****? others?

Based on what has been done to other ships recently I would expect wiring for *****, but not ***** yet. Also possible they will install Royal class type TV system and TVs.