Mobile Passport at Port Everglades

kandj05

I have downloaded the mobile passport app and filled out the needed info. Would someone please explain in detail when I use it at the port? And, why is it faster? Do I get into a separate line...confused?

Google is your friend. Also, the app will tell you where it is useful.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You need to submit it no more than 4 hours prior to going through Customs, then there's a separate line. I filled out the paper form just in case, good thing I did since no one was at the mobile passport counter. It was early - we disembarked at 7:30 on Dec 30.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You need to submit it no more than 4 hours prior to going through Customs, then there's a separate line. I filled out the paper form just in case, good thing I did since no one was at the mobile passport counter. It was early - we disembarked at 7:30 on Dec 30.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Not necessarily true. When we got off the Harmony of the Seas in November, we downloaded it inline for Customs. We then typed/scanned our info in, took selfies, and the port staff let us switch from the very long regular line to the mobile passport line.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Not necessarily true. When we got off the Harmony of the Seas in November, we downloaded it inline for Customs. We then typed/scanned our info in, took selfies, and the port staff let us switch from the very long regular line to the mobile passport line.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

"No More" than 4 hours prior ;)

If you've entered all of the required information and scanned in your passports pre-cruise, you can fill in the specific cruise information once you reach port and can use either the PE wifi or your carrier to submit it. If there's some reason why you might be delayed beyond the four-hour window, don't submit the information until you are close to disembarking.

In November, there was one couple ahead of us in the MP line. As more people become familiar with it, that line will grow but for the next while will still be quicker. We also have NEXUS, but the MP line was shorter. Another day, it might be the NEXUS line that's quicker. We filled out the form, just in case.

In November, there was one couple ahead of us in the MP line. As more people become familiar with it, that line will grow but for the next while will still be quicker. We also have NEXUS, but the MP line was shorter. Another day, it might be the NEXUS line that's quicker. We filled out the form, just in case.

Just so I'm clear, you were able to use the mobile app even though you're Canadian. But since you have NEXUS, your backup plan was to use the Global Entry line?

Just so I'm clear, you were able to use the mobile app even though you're Canadian. But since you have NEXUS, your backup plan was to use the Global Entry line?

Correct. The MP app is available to Canadians, although most media reports at the time of its introduction failed to mention it. Yes again on using the Global Entry line if it was the shorter of the two.

Some are saying that the line for Mobile Passport was longer than the "regular" line, and that it was faster to just go through the regular line.

Maybe, but unlikely. There are not that many people familiar with the app yet so not that many users. All things being equal the regular line might go faster if the immigration agent asks few questions; the reader for the MP QR code in the app took about 10-20 sec per person.

I have downloaded the mobile passport app and filled out the needed info. Would someone please explain in detail when I use it at the port? And, why is it faster? Do I get into a separate line...confused?

There is a separate line for mobile passport users at the exit of the luggage claim area...... look for Mobile Passport signs - near the middle of the line up area for customs.....after you get your luggage.

I used it in December, and within 10 minutes of getting my luggage, I was out the door. Great app to use.

Maybe, but unlikely. There are not that many people familiar with the app yet so not that many users. All things being equal the regular line might go faster if the immigration agent asks few questions; the reader for the MP QR code in the app took about 10-20 sec per person.

Members of my family were on Independence in early December and they said this was the case (the Mobile Passport line was longer). They said that an announcement was made on the ship telling people about the app. So apparently a lot of people did know about it.

They said that an announcement was made on the ship telling people about the app. So apparently a lot of people did know about it.

Maybe I should have said not many people use it. They announced the app on our sailing also (ending 12/23) but when we walked in the MP line there were two people in it (who were through by the time we reached the reader) and everyone else was in the regular line (about 30 deep at the time). This was fairly early during departure - about 10 min in. Some of this may also depend on the terminal and the number of staffed queues vs. MP readers (only one in Terminal 25).

Edited by Biker19

Off of the SR on 12/23/16 and we had loaded the mobile app on my phone. Took selfie pictures and had it pre programed the day before. On disembarkation, we turned on the app, and headed for customs.

Once there, we were surprised that they also had a GOES line (Global Entry) that was empty. Needless to say, we were thru customs faster than anywhere I have experienced.......international airports included.

So we didn't have a chance to try the mobile app, but certainly like the whole idea.

Rick

Maybe I should have said not many people use it. They announced the app on our sailing also (ending 12/23) but when we walked in the MP line there were two people in it (who were through by the time we reached the reader) and everyone else was in the regular line (about 30 deep at the time). This was fairly early during departure - about 10 min in. Some of this may also depend on the terminal and the number of staffed queues vs. MP readers (only one in Terminal 25).

Biker19, was hoping to meet you on the SR, but I missed the M&M. Hopefully next time!

Rick

I returned from Independence at Port Everglades on Dec 26 and did self-assist at 7:30. The one mobile passport line was very short when I got into one of two regular lines around 8:00. After 15 minutes in the regular lines the mobile passport line was longer than the two regular lines. Only two parties used the Global Entry line during the 20 minutes I waited in line. Global Entry shared two Customs agents with the two regular lines and mobile passport had a dedicated agent at 8:00. It appeared more agents were showing up when I got through the line at 8:20 and left with my luggage.

One piece of our luggage was misplaced and not located for 45 minutes as we disembarked the Harmony on December 10. By then, the regular line had more than 100 people in it but we walked right up to the mobile passport line. It would not have been as big a difference had the last piece of luggage been with the others, but it certainly saved us a lot of time with the situation we were in.

I just used it last week and it was great. Entered info a few days before we got off the ship and when we docked, you hit the arrive button or something like that. We did not need to fill out the paper sheets as all info was in there. We hopped onto a very short line, showed our passports and scanned in our bar code # that was given to you and we were out of there in 5 minutes. Fantastic app.:D