Have you ever seen a celebrity on a Carnival cruise ship???

scomar

Yeah we had a drink with George Lopez on the Triumph. He was on the ship and actually did a short show on the first cruise back after the Triumph fire. d3d70979c34cbda9fa6c551a59255308.jpg512087a22124f6acd61105ca2a87bdbc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Never understood the association of him with Carnival. Supposedly he had nothing to do with booking comedians.

CaboCruise025.jpg

Not a big star, but.....

We met Ron Glass (Barney Miller) on the Elation in 07. He was with a group called the "Brown Coats". He told us it was for a movie and short lived TV series. Most of group were twenty somethings, he came over and chatted with us as we were closer to his age. Had lunch with him twice and did an excursion with him. Very down to earth guy.

We cruise with Dion Sanders and his wife back in 2003, I think. It was on the Ecstasy to Mexico. I'm a huge Cowboys fan so it was very cool. We were both in suites so we had the same Muster station. After the drill I just went over and told him I was a huge fan and shook hand. He was very gracious. He sat next to me at blackjack later on the cruise hut I let him be. He was on vacation after all. [emoji41][emoji41]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Give me a break. That's a bit much for Guy F. Well, he can buy his own ship now and his kids can do whatever they want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe they were filming fora TV show, hence the condoning off.

I saw Elvis live ! But the Entertainment director would not allow him to move his hips for fear of falling and breaking his pelvis . Well , he was in his seventies .(y)

The mental visual on that is something

The mental visual on that is something

Yes ,It was just as bad as the mental version, even worse. with those six little hairs on top of his head died coal black . Then when he sang Hound Dog and he got to the version of " You ain't nothing but a (he would point a finger to the ladies and say hound dog ) .

That kind of stuff stays with you ,for a while .

Yes ,It was just as bad as the mental version, even worse. with those six little hairs on top of his head died coal black . Then when he sang Hound Dog and he got to the version of " You ain't nothing but a (he would point a finger to the ladies and say hound dog ) .

That kind of stuff stays with you ,for a while .

Lol, like bad fish half way thru the night after eating......

I believe they were filming fora TV show, hence the condoning off.

Perhaps but when they cordoned off a section making it harder to get to your cabin that was going way to far.

If we paid to go on a ship and parts were closed for Fieri and his family only that would not make me a happy camper.

CaboCruise025.jpg

Not a big star, but.....

We met Ron Glass (Barney Miller) on the Elation in 07. He was with a group called the "Brown Coats". He told us it was for a movie and short lived TV series. Most of group were twenty somethings, he came over and chatted with us as we were closer to his age. Had lunch with him twice and did an excursion with him. Very down to earth guy.

The show is Firefly and the follow up movie was Serenity.

Our first cruise was a Live sailing with Rascal Flatts. There were a couple of ladies from "alternative" films on-board. I asked and one of them said yes. I then went on to tell them how much I appreciated their "hard work". We laughed and went about our different ways, but we always smiled when we passed each other. :cool:

Perhaps but when they cordoned off a section making it harder to get to your cabin that was going way to far.

If we paid to go on a ship and parts were closed for Fieri and his family only that would not make me a happy camper.

I would have no idea' date=' just bringing it up as a potential reason as opposed to having a celebrity on board and Carnival doing it purportedly just to alienate them on board. Stu, I cannot argue with your point of if I were sailing how I would feel.

My neighbor looks a lot like a baseball player I cant remember his name. A passenger came over introduced himself and asked if he was the player. He gets that a lot. Anyway he lied and said yes and let that guy buy him 3 drinks before he got bored with his game and left.

This is so familiar, actually my husband has a very strong resemblance to Larry Byrd (retired basketball player for the Celtics) and he gets asked all the time. I think it's so funny because of the places we are at, I question do you really think Larry Byrd would go on a Carnival cruise or other such place?? Most of the time they start staring and then after awhile come over and ask if he is indeed him. One lady even asked to take a picture for her grown son, which was a little awkward but my husband said sure why not. Have to tell my husband about the drink offer though sounds interesting but he's too honest of a person to pull it off. ;p

This is so familiar, actually my husband has a very strong resemblance to Larry Byrd (retired basketball player for the Celtics) and he gets asked all the time. I think it's so funny because of the places we are at, I question do you really think Larry Byrd would go on a Carnival cruise or other such place?? Most of the time they start staring and then after awhile come over and ask if he is indeed him. One lady even asked to take a picture for her grown son, which was a little awkward but my husband said sure why not. Have to tell my husband about the drink offer though sounds interesting but he's too honest of a person to pull it off. ;p

Is your husband tall? Bird is like 6'9"

I would have no idea, just bringing it up as a potential reason as opposed to having a celebrity on board and Carnival doing it purportedly just to alienate them on board. Stu, I cannot argue with your point of if I were sailing how I would feel.

They probably would not do it just to alienate the passengers but the passengers would lose out on something they paid for.

Few years ago we sailed on a ship which had a large number of people on a group cruise and several venues were reserved just for them. Led to loss of a number of entertainment venues in the evening and we felt kind of cheated not to mention bored several evenings.

I met Ronnie Coleman on my first cruise ever. Arnold Schwarzenegger started his acting career after winning Mr. Olympia several times in a row, 8 times total. Ronnie was Mr. Olympia 8 years in a row and finished 2nd and 4th before retiring. In other words he's an absolute beast. His biceps are bigger than my head.