Help me pick an itinerary...

familycruzer

I want to take a Southern Caribbean cruise and have these two picked. Any thoughts or comments on either itinerary? I have only been to Aruba once about 20 years ago and St Maarten once about 5 years ago. Everything else is new.

11 day

SanJuan - sea/Aruba/Bonaire/Curaçao/Grenada/Barbados/st Lucia/sea/st marten/Tortola/San Juan

10 day

San Juan - sea/Grenada/Barbados/st Lucia/Martinique/Dominica/st Kitts/Antigua/Tortola/San Juan

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would pick the 10 day. Bonaire is an arid little place without much of anything, and St Kitts is beautiful -- there is a point where you can see the Atlantic Ocean to one side and the Caribbean to the other. You can't go wrong with Tortola and Grenada.

Loved Curacao, Grenada, Dominica, and St Kitts. Agree with revious post, Aruba and Bonaire are very dry but Klein Bonaire had amazing snorkeling. After cruise to ABC islands, we decided we prefer the tropical islands over the drier ones. I don't think you could go wrong on either itinerary :-)

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

I want to take a Southern Caribbean cruise and have these two picked. Any thoughts or comments on either itinerary? I have only been to Aruba once about 20 years ago and St Maarten once about 5 years ago. Everything else is new.

11 day

SanJuan - sea/Aruba/Bonaire/Curaçao/Grenada/Barbados/st Lucia/sea/st marten/Tortola/San Juan

10 day

San Juan - sea/Grenada/Barbados/st Lucia/Martinique/Dominica/st Kitts/Antigua/Tortola/San Juan

What ship are these on?

11 day

10 day

It's a tough call.

I'm all about the beach. The first one has St. Martin and Aruba which are great beach islands. The second has St. Kitts, which is a favorite of mine and several I haven't visited.

If you're into snorkeling, Bonaire and Curacao are known for that as opposed to the beaches.

They are both fantastic itineraries. If I was choosing, I'd go with the fall back tie breaker . . . longer is better!

This is not tough at all. At least for me. The first one with Curacao and St. Martin would be my pick.

St. Martin alone would be a deciding factor but so would an extra sea day. St. Kitts is one of my least favorite islands along with Dominica but to each his own.

Ncl Dawn -- I have $750 in credit from by BoA card and $250 from a future booking.

If you like the Dawn, I would either flip a coin or go for the best price. I'm lukewarm at best when it comes to the Dawn. But do keep in mind that the Dawn has many loyal followers who consider it to be their favorite NCL ship.

If you like the Dawn, I would either flip a coin or go for the best price. I'm lukewarm at best when it comes to the Dawn. But do keep in mind that the Dawn has many loyal followers who consider it to be their favorite NCL ship.

With that many ports I really don't care about the ship and the 11 night is $100 more a person than the 10 night.

OMG, that is a tough call. I suggest you do both!!:D You can't miss with either one. The only island I haven't been to is Bonaire. Whether it's an arid island, or lush, they are all fun to go to, and a lot to experience.

Which ever one you choose, it will be a blast.

Bonaire is amazing I spent 10 days there years ago and we snorkeled and swam every day being arid all the water is desalinated so you can drink the water anywhere, beaches are amazing, pink beach is really fun. You can rent a car and not worry about traffic. Barbados I had a lot of fun visiting a wildlife park https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g1183146-d147707-Reviews-Barbados_Wildlife_Reserve-Saint_Peter_Parish_Barbados.html

Was a lot of fun we took the local bus there during our cruise and some local boys helped us to the right bus stop when we left the reserve to get back into town. We were out in the middle of nowhere when they came across us and knew we were tourists from the cruise ship. They made us understand we needed to walk down to the next intersection to catch the bus that went around the island and when it came by they made sure we got on the right bus. I have never had such friendly help on an island or any country before or after and we offered them some money for helping us and they would not even take it!

St Lucia we mostly missed as it was raining and at the time the roads were all pretty bad so water taxi was how the tours all went and it was too rough and raining but also tops on my list.

I vote for the second one. We did Antigua on our last cruise and it was one of our favorite ports in the Caribbean. St Martin is on every other eastern Caribbean itinerary, you'll have a chance to see it again (if you haven't) and it's pretty blah anyway. Id like to do the ABC islands someday but hear really mixed reviews about them.