UHHHHHHGGGGGG-Frustrated trying to decide what to do in Cozumel

octcruise10

Hello all I am trying to figure out a nice beach to go to...without a lot of kids to sit and relax. I just can't make up my mind. If anyone could share their experience I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you in advance. I just want to relax on a beach and be able to eat and drink in the same area.

Hello all I am trying to figure out a nice beach to go to...without a lot of kids to sit and relax. I just can't make up my mind. If anyone could share their experience I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you in advance. I just want to relax on a beach and be able to eat and drink in the same area.

Check out Nachi Cocum, very few kids as there isn't really anything for them to do. Nice beach and pool area, great food and drinks and friendly staff. Also, they only take 50 people per day.

My last Cozumel excursion was Carnival's private beach house excursion. The one I visited had a private pool, a so-so private beach, beach house, and all food and drinks were included. It was a very relaxing day and the drinks and food were good. It was a limited menu, but you could select from a few items and the private chef cooked them for you. They also made homemade guacamole and salsa in a demonstration and served that along with some other appetizers. Also, the service was excellent as the staff waited on everyone where they were seated at the pool, the beach, or the beach house. The only reason I say the beach was so-so was because the bottom wasn't the best and you needed water shoes which were provided if wanted. Because it was a fairly small group, it was relaxing and there weren't a lot of kids.

I am strongly considering this on my January 2019 cruise

LA CASA EN LA PLAYA - ADULTS ONLY

Enjoy paradise while you relax at a luxurious house on the beach complete with all amenities including a chef, bartender and gracious host. Read more

$104.99 / Person

Port:Cozumel, Mexico

Duration:5 Hours

Activity Level: Moderate

Granted this was more than a decade ago, but we loved snorkeling at Chankanaab National Park, then lounging around on the beach. They had some little tiki huts where you could get a bucket of beer and ceviche for dirt cheap.

We had just graduated from law school and taken the bar but hadn't started our jobs yet, so were basically broke and were doing things on the cheap. And I want to say the entire day -- including the snorkel rentals, the food, the taxi, and the admission, cost us around $75-80 total. And there were very few people there!

Another vote for Nachi Cocom. We've been there 4 times and have never seen more than a handful of children. No water toys for them so families don't usually go there. They only allow 130 people, it used to be 100 but it looks like they've increased it, according to their website it's now 130. You need to make a reservation online with a small deposit and pay the rest when you arrive.

I am strongly considering this on my January 2019 cruise

LA CASA EN LA PLAYA - ADULTS ONLY

Enjoy paradise while you relax at a luxurious house on the beach complete with all amenities including a chef, bartender and gracious host. Read more

$104.99 / Person

Port:Cozumel, Mexico

Duration:5 Hours

Activity Level: Moderate

That is the excursion I did and posted about in my earlier post.

My wife and I like to catch a cab to the Money Bar. Never really many kids there. It's a swim club and costs nothing to use the tables and chairs as long as you buy some drinks or eat there. It right on the ocean and just a short swim out to the reef if you like to snorkle. You can rent the equipment there. There's not a beach per say there and we always use water shoes to get down into the water and there are rocks around but the water is beautiful Lots of boats on excursions come to the reef there. The food is good and good prices on the drinks. We have been there 6 or 7 times and will go back again next time we are there.

Check out Nachi Cocum, very few kids as there isn't really anything for them to do. Nice beach and pool area, great food and drinks and friendly staff. Also, they only take 50 people per day.

I just booked and they said 130 but still ... I love that place - going again in October. :D It's also only $55.00 per person, with an $11 deposit.

We've been to Mr. Sanchos, but the day we went there must have been 10 ships in that day. It was so crowded, it was hard to get bar service. Boo.

Another option is the $62 all-inclusive day pass at the Occidental. I get it through this is cozumel dot com (remove spaces). It's a jungle-like environment, very quiet, caters more to adults than kids. The main pool is right next to a lovely beach, and there's good snorkeling. We had been going to the Money Bar for several years, but the AI day pass trumps it.

I just booked and they said 130 but still ... I love that place - going again in October. :D

We've been to Mr. Sanchos, but the day we went there must have been 10 ships in that day. It was so crowded, it was hard to get bar service. Boo.

Last year there were 6 or 7 ships in port and we had no wait even though it was sold out. They weren’t letting anyone in without a prior reservation and the pay as you go side was made AI. Helps when the waiters know you will tip well [emoji6]. It didn’t even feel crowded.

I just booked and they said 130 but still ... I love that place - going again in October. :D It's also only $55.00 per person, with an $11 deposit.

Yes sorry about that, it was 50 a looong time ago when we went in 2010. Then in 2012 we went again and it was 100, but I dont' think there were that many, have fun! I'm a bit jealous ;)

Last year there were 6 or 7 ships in port and we had no wait even though it was sold out. They weren’t letting anyone in without a prior reservation and the pay as you go side was made AI. Helps when the waiters know you will tip well [emoji6]. It didn’t even feel crowded.

We went in 2013 .. unfortunately didn't have the same luck. My daughter turned 18 that day and was pretty disappointed she had such a hard time being able to buy a drink. lol

It was still crazy-fun, I just like a little more chill atmosphere. :)

Another vote for Mr.Sanchos. The food,the drinks,the one on one service. 3 pools,swim-up bars. OH MY the coconut shrimp! Lockers to store your belongings. Nice beautiful beach. Lots of tables and chairs in shade.Did I mention the COCONUT SHRIMP. Make reservations online sometimes it will sellout depending on the time of year and amount of ships

Without a doubt I would choose Playa Corona , the only cost is the cab ride there.They don't ask but appreciate it if you buy a drink or lunch.The beach is good for snorkeling and they have showers for rinsing off.Ample shaded seating and there are hammocks available.

We went in 2013 .. unfortunately didn't have the same luck. My daughter turned 18 that day and was pretty disappointed she had such a hard time being able to buy a drink. lol

It was still crazy-fun, I just like a little more chill atmosphere. :)

Tough time believing this one as the drinking age in Mexico is puberty, or being able to reach the bar with money in your hand. I have never seen a bartender ID anyone in 30 + years going to Mexico